• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Reminds me of when I started digital, not knowing you could use multiple layers was fun times.
Yeesh that sounds rough
I still get weirded out when people at my school don't understand layers...then again I'm the overachiever who learns software quick so I can't say much without sounding like an asshole.
Is there an easier way to do shadows on a object with a curve like a ball, I normally get a darker colour from the base colour and smug it using a blur tool, was wondering if there's a more efficient way then that

Kater

Banned
tumblr_n5tg7fw43x1r86ysgo1_1280.png

tumblr_n5tg7fw43x1r86ysgo2_1280.png

tumblr_n5tg7fw43x1r86ysgo3_1280.png

tumblr_n5tg7fw43x1r86ysgo4_1280.png
Hilarious :p

Those are the perfect blu-rays.

That might be hard to top.
I am looking forward to hiding and watching these while family gatherings are happening

Space Jam is great! Have you seen the films in the cinema at release? Soooo good. Was but a child but I still remember it. Loved the scene where they searched around in the human world in the house of Michael Jordan.

yeah I was too young to see it in theatres but I have seen it many times. It's pretty great

I almost had that feeling with a friend's gf as well. She wasn't yandere, but seemed to have a bit of crazy to her.

Hope you're lucky in the future.

I've never had this problem..most because I have no friends...yea..oh..god damn it now I'm lonely again..

-listens to One is the Loneliest Number by Three Dogs Night-

JoJo94

Yeesh that sounds rough

Is there an easier way to do shadows on a object with a curve like a ball, I normally get a darker colour from the base colour and smug it using a blur tool, was wondering if there's a more efficient way then that

Sorry for the late response. I think that might be the best way. You could try making a layer above it and use the previous layer as a clipping mask I think, and set the new layer to multiply that way whatever color you put on top will always be darker. Personally I prefer the way you are doing it currently, add a bit of gray to the shadow color too to help.

That feel when your friend's new gf is everything you want in a GF and more.

*listens to Jesse's girl by Rick Springfield*

Take her. It's the only way. You have to style and profile to win her heart, then you and your friend will have a duel in a wheat field, but not with like guns or swords, with Yugiohs and you'll win with your Galaxy Eyes Tachyon Dragon!

I've never had this problem..most because I have no friends...yea..oh..god damn it now I'm lonely again..

-listens to One is the Loneliest Number by Three Dogs Night-

Your good friend internet is always there for you. Here, watch some dumb shit and feel better.

Guess I should look into online dating

Seriously, there's no shame in OkCupid man, tons of people I know are on it and have met SO's that way. It's totally legit.

Take her. It's the only way. You have to style and profile to win her heart, then you and your friend will have a duel in a wheat field, but not with like guns or swords, with Yugiohs and you'll win with your Galaxy Eyes Tachyon Dragon!

Your good friend internet is always there for you. Here, watch some dumb shit and feel better.

Seriously, there's no shame in OkCupid man, tons of people I know are on it and have met SO's that way. It's totally legit.

You've been giving out a lot of advice the past couple nights.

That..that honestly cheered me up in the weirdest way possible. I've had horrible experiences with OKC I stopped using it, although I know people who have found legit relationships through it.

Sorry for the late response. I think that might be the best way. You could try making a layer above it and use the previous layer as a clipping mask I think, and set the new layer to multiply that way whatever color you put on top will always be darker. Personally I prefer the way you are doing it currently, add a bit of gray to the shadow color too to help.

I'll just add that while that's fine for starting out, one shouldn't get complacent with just doing 'darker' shadows. You always have to factor in color schemes, most importantly don't make the shadow the same hue as the base color, otherwise the drawing will be very flat.
Basic example being Red base- Violet shadow or Red base- Orange shadow depending on the scheme. And then you choose what the mood of the drawing is, and the intensity of the light source in order to know how saturated the shadow will be.
I also recommend the water color tool instead of blur.
And then you have to factor in reflective light.

Color is a very long and arduous path my friends, fight on!

Top Bottom