• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

W101, I want to play you, but why must your lava Operation be so.... bad?
Unite Bomb is the worst unite morph by far, and I've been on a platform surrounded by lava for literally 10 minutes unable to find out what to do.
I'm able to cope with the ridiculously zoomed in camera that makes navigation or orientation a nightmare, but this level is really dissuading me from playing anymore
Unite Bomb is useful, all of them have their purpose in and out of combat. Use your brain.

W101, I want to play you, but why must your lava Operation be so.... bad?
Unite Bomb is the worst unite morph by far, and I've been on a platform surrounded by lava for literally 10 minutes unable to find out what to do.
I'm able to cope with the ridiculously zoomed in camera that makes navigation or orientation a nightmare, but this level is really dissuading me from playing anymore
101 is frustrating as fuck with some things, but I can't even recall what you're stuck on. (Unite Bomb is actually kickass.)
Also, holding L or R, I forget which, zooms the camera out.

Unite Bomb is useful, all of them have their purpose in and out of combat. Use your brain.
The main problem I have with it is it sucks up your Unite Gauge and leaves you with barely anything to use Sword or Hand (or block) after slowing an enemy.
101 is frustrating as fuck with some things, but I can't even recall what you're stuck on. (Unite Bomb is actually kickass.)
Also, holding L or R, I forget which, zooms the camera out.

It's
right after the pink alien girl saves you and blows up her ship, and you're left on a tilted platform surrounded by lava
. I'll give that L/R thing a try.

Oberon

Banned
The main problem I have with it is it sucks up your Unite Gauge and leaves you with barely anything to use Sword or Hand (or block) after slowing an enemy.

It's
right after the pink alien girl saves you and blows up her ship, and you're left on a tilted platform surrounded by lava

Do you see any
pots with water in them? Shoot them with Unite gun, I think that's where you are

Alright, frienders. I'm heading off to take a trip down to the SeaTac airport to catch a flight up to Anchorage, won't be on GAF for several hours. Give me your energy and all that bullshit.

Later.

Anung

Un Rama
Alright, frienders. I'm heading off to take a trip down to the SeaTac airport to catch a flight up to Anchorage, won't be on GAF for several hours. Give me your energy and all that bullshit.

Later.

Take it all.

1394890_o.gif

It's
Ok, so I just skimmed through a bunch of the Chip and Ironicus playthrough.
You just climb the wall with claw.
What do you think I'm doing right now?
Yuss.

Later.
Have a good flight!

croten

Dude it's super cool. Co-op Character Action!

Losing one match meaning you lose the whole set kinda sucks though.

Co-op by itself is great but I love that you can just pick a verse and go. It was always annoying to go through the minigame before Jeanne 3 in Bayo 1, and I liked that minigame but I just want to play the fight!

Ugh... The only time I've used that is
on the chain link fence walls, how was I supposed to know to use it on a solid rock wall?
Thanks, though.
*shrug* W101 has some conveyance problems.
Co-op by itself is great but I love that you can just pick a verse and go. It was always annoying to go through the minigame before Jeanne 3 in Bayo 1, and I liked that minigame but I just want to play the fight!
Bayo 2 really tones that down in the story too. There's still minigames, but they're shorter, play better, and aren't preceding the best bosses.

You're right though. Just being able to say "I want to fight this with my friend" is awesome, and I kinda wish there was a Singleplayer version too. I really just want all Platinum games to have the bossfight selector that MGR had on PC. I played that final bad stealth level of Revengeance like 80 times just to fight the final boss, and just having it as an option in the menu saves so much time.

croten

*shrug* W101 has some conveyance problems.

Bayo 2 really tones that down in the story too. There's still minigames, but they're shorter, play better, and aren't preceding the best bosses.

You're right though. Just being able to say "I want to fight this with my friend" is awesome, and I kinda wish there was a Singleplayer version too. I really just want all Platinum games to have the bossfight selector that MGR had on PC. I played that final bad stealth level of Revengeance like 80 times just to fight the final boss, and just having it as an option in the menu saves so much time.

Yes, every game that has decent combat should have a "fight and nothing else" mode, like a boss rush or bloody palace.

Oberon

Banned
I have been trying to improve in drawing different hairestyles, by searching photos on the net. I found out that that men don't have many interesting hairecuts. It's either boring or completly crazy looking.
That's why I prefer drawing women, I can take more liberities for the hair and clothes.

Xiraiya

MGS3 HD feels REALLY goddamn good to play on PS3, it has full Anti-Aliasing, it's crisp and SO smooth and runs at 60 frames.

Here's the real kicker, text and Menus and even hair are way nicer and clearer than they are in GZ, Ground Zeroes looks great and all, but it looks so jagged and rough that it feels impractical to play in a night time setting sometimes (It's better on the PS4 but it's still a little rough.)

This kind of goes into my whole idea I've had for awhile now that games should be made to run efficiently before they're made to look pretty, because older games look pretty damn nice when you run them with extra settings that smooth everything out.

In this day and age, especially now on the PS4 and XBONE, there is no excuse for games to not be aiming for a point where they always run in full Anti-Aliasing and even 60 fps, I myself am not prone to dismissing a game based on frame rate, but it is true there's no reason why that shouldn't be the case, always running in 60 would be an argument in favor for consoles as well, since running a game at flat 60 on PC if it's current gen is not necessarily easy for the average PC user.

JoJo94

I have been trying to improve in drawing different hairestyles, by searching photos on the net. I found out that that men don't have many interesting hairecuts. It's either boring or completly crazy looking.
That's why I prefer drawing women, I can take more liberities for the hair and clothes.

This is completely true woman are just more interesting to draw because they have more choices you can make with types of clothes, hair, make up and so on. Guys not much going on there that you can make too unique depending on your style realist comic books for example not much you can do in some aspects. Which is why clothes are usually drawn really cool for guys so they have an interesting feature. (my opinion though)

Grats. Dat hype.

Thanks was worried about my Art History class for a bit.

Top Bottom