• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Oberon

Banned
you are like the 6st one in this thread to get that. I got Best Girl Naoto's arcana.

Well, like I said, not really. Since I got Empress on my first try then that would be the more apropriate Arcana, I guess
( I just didn't want to be described as motherly)

So, yo. Comcast did that internet speed thing and I just reset my router. Here's what it was before reset.
4003240112.png

And here's what it is now.
4003278675.png

What the fuck is Ping? Do you want your Ping to be bigger or smaller? What does it mean!?

Ping is the number of milliseconds of latency. So it's basically how many milliseconds to takes to send data to a place.

Low ping = more instant. This is good for videogames.

Below 30 is very acceptable, and 10 is rad.

Okingjrr

Shut up and figure out which arcana you are so we can put an end to all the shenanigans D:< http://www.quotev.com/quiz/2713128/What-Persona-Arcana-Is-Yours/
I got wheel of fortune
I got it too.

X Wheel Of Fortune
The Wheel of Fortune card is pretty much like the name suggests. It represents an upcoming sudden major change that one has next to no control over because life is a bitch that way (or you could throw ‘fate’ here if you like that word better). It could be bad or it could be good, but either way, it’s out of your hands. The card suggests that it’s probably best to just go with the flow and pick up the opportunities that you can since you have no control over it, and any outright resistance is pretty much just wasted effort. Though when it’s right side up, it usually means that the change means good things to come (this card heavily depends on the positions on other cards though).

If it’s reversed, that means either a useless struggle or a setback in life.

It's 3x better than mine, but that's basically average for download speed. Upload is a lot higher than average we get in the states

Maybe I should switch to comcast.. then again those are city rates. Is there some chart that compares comcast and ATT?

Day 1 if that's true. CQC combos in my fighting game? Count me in!

It's not a ballsy move since they've been milking MGS for years :p

Yeah... but I feel that's something they would have done last, or ps2 gen, not this one. Hope I'm wrong though... it would be a game built around grapplers instead of Shotas for once! Halleluja!

Maybe I should switch to comcast.. then again those are city rates. Is there some chart that compares comcast and ATT?
I'm family certain that Comcast is the lesser of two evils, though you'll be paying more for what you get. Try and find some reviews specific to your area?

I'm stuck with only one provider as an option. Their fastest service is at 3Mbps/~300KBps down, and it goes nuts all the time and they have the worst customer service in the world- literally requiring us to hound them with calls and emails for months to get answers.

Finally landed the combo, but holy crap was it hard with the delay.

Sorry I iced you out there, little salty, hope you catch this.
Before I go to sleep, I want to say you are the best you've ever been at this game, since we've been playing. You're combos are even more brutal, and you've learned some new tricks as well. Comboing from a defensive burst? I never even imagined that was possible.
You're good Shack, no joke.

I'm family certain that Comcast is the lesser of two evils, though you'll be paying more for what you get. Try and find some reviews specific to your area?

I'm stuck with only one provider as an option. Their fastest service is at 3Mbps/~300KBps down, and it goes nuts all the time and they have the worst customer service in the world- literally requiring us to hound them with calls and emails for months to get answers.

That's what I've been hearing, comcast is faster but is unreliable as fuck. Still might be better though. I don't know, such a hassle switching providers.

Yooo! Guess what came in at 9:30 in the morning!?

Thanks a whole bunch Mara!
The concept of a Lordgenome Dickbutt is literally killing me, goddamn. Also that's super cool, and now you have the Wii U to play it. You gonna jump right into Bayo 2 or go into 1?
Nice. Now go download P.T
I've been playing PT in little 5 minute chunks. It's scaring me shitless, and it's honestly been hard to get through.
I'm excited for Silent Hills, despite my babbyness.

croten

The concept of a Lordgenome Dickbutt is literally killing me, goddamn. Also that's super cool, and now you have the Wii U to play it. You gonna jump right into Bayo 2 or go into 1?
I've been playing PT in little 5 minute chunks. It's scaring me shitless, and it's honestly been hard to get through.
I'm excited for Silent Hills, despite my babbyness.

Already playing 2. As much as I love 1 I've already pumped a lot out of it

X Wheel Of Fortune
The Wheel of Fortune card is pretty much like the name suggests. It represents an upcoming sudden major change that one has next to no control over because life is a bitch that way (or you could throw ‘fate’ here if you like that word better). It could be bad or it could be good, but either way, it’s out of your hands. The card suggests that it’s probably best to just go with the flow and pick up the opportunities that you can since you have no control over it, and any outright resistance is pretty much just wasted effort. Though when it’s right side up, it usually means that the change means good things to come (this card heavily depends on the positions on other cards though).

If it’s reversed, that means either a useless struggle or a setback in life.

Super late on that whole thing.

Interesting though. Naoto. I'm more than okay with this.

So I just watched Pokemon The Origin for the first time. Goddamn, that shit was rad. Really hope they do one of these for every game, that way I can stop watching after Silver and Gold.

EDIT: Watching the dub now. The fuck is up with Red's voice?

Reminder that people should send me some avatars for Zen to be forced to use. I got a few open slots.
So I just watched Pokemon The Origin for the first time. Goddamn, that shit was rad. Really hope they do one of these for every game, that way I can stop watching after Silver and Gold.
Giving a shit about an animated Pokemon thing felt weird. I have friends who legitimately enjoy the Pokemon anime, like they watched it every day for hours for awhile. They confuse and scare me,
EDIT: Watching the dub now. The fuck is up with Red's voice?
There was a dub? Oh.

It's really not all that terrible, I actually think Green/Blue sounds pretty good, but Red sounds like a clearly 30 year old man trying to sound like a 10 year old boy and it's very distracting.

Here's a clip. Spoilers, though.
I agree with you, I'm impressed Green sounds that good. Also, I have to mention that calling him Blue is terribly funny when he's wearing green, and is styled in green.
How uncreative of you :p
My tolerance for looking up
buff shirtless men
is kinda low.

croten

I'm unfortunately not in a financial position to secret santa a €90 ($110) gift, though I definitely would if I could. That's why I'm only (almost) cutting the price by half. See the €40 ($50) cut off its price as the secret santa/birthday gift, as anticlimactic as that may be =P.

It's also waaaay above the set budget, lol.

croten

For secret santa, you mean? Eh, It's fine, it was your b-day as well, so that budget gets multiplied by two =P. I hope the enjoy the game! Glad to hear it arrived in one piece. Sucks that it didn't arrive before the weekend tho.

It's fiiine, I had Wind Waker to tide me over

Top Bottom