• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Terry Bogard > Ken Masters

Rubbish. I main both.

They're good friends anyway.
tumblr_mezjmak82m1qd4q8ao1_500.gif

Kater

Banned
Just watched the Top Ten of 2013 video. Ehhh, can't agree with Black Flag being on there, it certainly was a step up but not enough to make me fall in love again with the game series.

How's console Guilty Gear Xrd btw? you guys on PS3 or PS4? I'm considering importing it but kind of broke.

GG xrd is really fun, though there are some things about it that seem like a step back compared to ultimax (mostly the netcode), but the game is still great and it has cross play between 3/4 so it doesn't really matter. Get the version that you'd rather own.

Unlike Liam, I'm fine with the non-dedicated grab button and just ->HS or <-HS when close to grab works with the way the game plays so its understandable why its like. But fuck whoever thought that mashing a button to recover instead of holding it was still a good idea. Ultimax had that shit fucking down, why mash instead of hold I'll never understand, especially because you can't ever tell if you can actually recover from a combo or not since you're not 100% sure if you just weren't mashing fast enough or there is no wakeup from that combo.

I really wish I had local friends to play fighting games with because I'm so rusty at them I need someone equally as shit to get better with at a steady pace.

Little hard to justify buying Xrd when I can only play online and get my shit pushed in.

Anung

Un Rama
GG xrd is really fun, though there are some things about it that seem like a step back compared to ultimax (mostly the netcode), but the game is still great and it has cross play between 3/4 so it doesn't really matter. Get the version that you'd rather own.

Crossplay? nice one! I might just go PS3 if its a cheaper version of the exact same product.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I really wish I had local friends to play fighting games with because I'm so rusty at them I need someone equally as shit to get better with at a steady pace.

Little hard to justify buying Xrd when I can only play online and get my shit pushed in.

I think there's a pretty wide variety of skill in this thread, actually.

I never finished Black Flag. The atrocious combat, plus the nonstop infinite tailing just bored me to death, and I didn't give a fuck about the other ACs, so it was an easy drop.

It was free though. Unlike Injustice...

mike0dude

So I had an anxiety attack today during lifeguard training.

I feel so ashamed and embarrassed. They won't refund me the fee.

Now you will never get to run in slow motion on the beach with your tits fopping up and down like they trying to fly back to their home planet.
Bringing shame to your entire family

croten

Play it with us nerd.

Oh gosh, I just found that part in OnePunch Man Matt and Woolie talked about with the gorilla and the face he makes

That's absolutely golden.

Edit: AND IT GOT EVEN DUMBER IN THE NEXT CHAPTER THIS IS GREAT

Kater

Banned
I don't know man. Listening to Sally Brown as I sail the seas doing pirate stuff was really enjoyable to me. I do think the game itself was bogged down by the story. But in spite of that it still kicked major ass.

EDIT: Whoops
Yeah, the bantering between the crew and the singing was cool, but then there were the game story segments were you have to track someone, the same old jazz. Made the game really tedious for me. The only thing the game achieved for me was that it made me crave a full-blown pirate game (not necessarily from Ubisoft though).

Beloved

I'd play them with you, I just need some good ones to actually play...and it'd have to be on PC/Steam.
Chances are I'd just be the one to get my shit pushed in, I can't even remember the last time I played a fighting game.

So I had an anxiety attack today during lifeguard training.

I feel so ashamed and embarrassed. They won't refund me the fee.

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that :/ Dont be ashamed though, it's not like you can easily prevent an anxiety attack. Will you be able to try again at some point?

I'd play them with you, I just need some good ones to actually play...and it'd have to be on PC/Steam.
Chances are I'd just be the one to get my shit pushed in, I can't even remember the last time I played a fighting game.

The only ones I'm aware are on Steam is Skullgirls and I'm personally not too interested in that one.

I do actually have Ultimax on PS3 but man I just don't wanna hook my PS3 back up. I'm pretty sure everyone here that still plays it anyway would push my shit in mad hard.

for me it's all about Leona

Leonakofxii.gif
Leona_golpeando.gif

Looks like a Pokemon character.

croten

The only ones I'm aware are on Steam is Skullgirls and I'm personally not too interested in that one.

I do actually have Ultimax on PS3 but man I just don't wanna hook my PS3 back up. I'm pretty sure everyone here that still plays it anyway would push my shit in mad hard.

Looks like a Pokemon character.

KoF, Street Fighter, DOA is coming soon, Dive kick, there are a few

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Skullgirls, KOFXIII, Ultra SFIV, Street Fighter X Tekken, Yatagarasu, Dead or Alive 5 Last Round, Mortal Kombat, Injustice, BlazBlue: Chronophantasm...

Rumors of Virtua Fighter and Tekken. PC is quickly rivaling console gaming in terms of selection.

Top Bottom