• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Skullgirls, KOFXIII, Ultra SFIV, Street Fighter X Tekken, Yatagarasu, Dead or Alive 5 Last Round, Mortal Kombat, Injustice, BlazBlue: Chronophantasm...

Rumors of Virtua Fighter and Tekken. PC is quickly rivaling console gaming in terms of selection.

Now all we need is KILLER INSTINCT C'MON ALREADY MICRO$OFT

mike0dude

I haven't played a DW game since 4. Is the port good? If so I'll probably pick it up.

Jim Sterling liked it alot, most people on steam seem to like it, i heard it had some bugs and looked like shit but then again it is a DW game so it was never gonna look amazing.

If you want it it's on sale right now.

Jim Sterling liked it alot, most people on steam seem to like it, i heard it had some bugs and looked like shit but then again it is a DW game so it was never gonna look amazing.

I'll pick it up Thursday. I don't expect sparkling graphics with a DW game. I just want to control Lu Bu while my back up is Lu Bu..and I have to go rescue Lu Bu.

The PC port? I think it's based on the PS3 version.

I haven't heard great things about it.

I'll wait and see how low the prices goes on it. It'll be one of the last games I buy if I buy it at all.

Xiraiya

Now all we need is KILLER INSTINCT C'MON ALREADY MICRO$OFT
They're considering it apparently, from a business stand point it would be dumb to let it go to PC, but from the stand point of "I don't want to ever have to buy a fucking XBOX" Then yes, this is the best idea they could have had.

Skullgirls, KOFXIII, Ultra SFIV, Street Fighter X Tekken, Yatagarasu, Dead or Alive 5 Last Round, Mortal Kombat, Injustice, BlazBlue: Chronophantasm...
Rumors of Virtua Fighter and Tekken. PC is quickly rivaling console gaming in terms of fighters.
Fixed.
Because there is more than fighting games out there.

Squishy3

The PC port of 8 runs fine, it just has awful button config and for some reason the PC version doesn't have online coop.

Seriously though, fuck DW8's button config on PC.

I also don't think it's a very good Warriors game.

croten

They're considering it apparently, from a business stand point it would be dumb to let it go to PC, but from the stand point of "I don't want to ever have to buy a fucking XBOX" Then yes, this is the best idea they could have had.

Fixed.

Yes and those games are already on PC

Kater

Banned

Dynasty Warriors did never look good, it was always the gameplay that was the selling point.

That reminds me, I still have to play Hyrule Warriors. Fantasy Life came in the way, so I kinda forgot about it.

I think most missions involving lubu is either running from him or killing him.
If I kill him do I get a reward?

The PC port of 8 runs fine, it just has awful button config and for some reason the PC version doesn't have online coop.

Seriously though, fuck DW8's button config on PC.

I also don't think it's a very good Warriors game.

I keep seeing that it's useless without a controller..luckily I have a 360 controller <.<

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Fixed.

Well, that was the topic at hand. The same goes for almost any other genre, though, as the PC is a steadily growing and lucrative market that developers/publishers can no longer afford to ignore.

mike0dude

If I kill him do I get a reward?

You get a bonus but in most cases fighting him gets you killed cause his stats are ridiculous in missions where the objective isn't to kill him.
Unless it's a character that you already leveled up alot, it's not impossible to pull off tho the AI is quite stupid in these games.

Well, that was the topic at hand. The same goes for almost any other genre, though, as the PC is a steadily growing market that developers can no longer ignore.

I'm curious why fighting game devs now find the PC acceptable and not during the early PSX era, where arcade quality ports were slowly dripping to the mass market. SNES had MK, SF2, and KI. I can't recall KOF going there.

I remember Neo-Geo being the definitive console for arcade fighters, but that console tax was woof.

I've been proven wrong. Everything is fighting games. If you're not a fighting game, then you're basically not even a video game.

Like Smash.

Smash is love. Smash is life.

croten

I'm curious why fighting game devs now find the PC acceptable and not during the early PSX era, where arcade quality ports were slowly dripping to the mass market.

I remember Neo-Geo being the definitive console for arcade fighters, but that console tax was woof.

Smash is love. Smash is life.
To be fair PC gaming wasn't anything like it is now in the PSX era. A lot of games didn't get ported back then, we didn't even have Steam

I'm curious why fighting game devs now find the PC acceptable and not during the early PSX era, where arcade quality ports were slowly dripping to the mass market.

PCs were expensive, and not very welcoming for anything that wasn't a FPS or Hack n' Slash.

Now PCs are cheaper than ever, easy as hell to develop for, there are plenty of ways to distribute your games, and the demand is there.

Sweet. My smash GC controller adapter came in the mail. Now I don't have to worry about extra controllers when I have friends over
or I can sell it for 80 dollars >:D

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm curious why fighting game devs now find the PC acceptable and not during the PSX era, where arcade quality ports were slowly dripping to the mass market.

Because of Steam. Steam has shown that the PC market isn't just a terrifying pirate-ridden wasteland where you'll get swindled out of your work.

Gaming as a whole has become more commonplace, and genre interest has expanded to new audiences. PC gaming was pretty insular during the 90s.

Also controller compatibility. This is a big one. With the 360 controller near universal compatibility, it paved the way for a lot of games on PC that you would be forced to otherwise use a KB+M for.

I remember how big of a deal it was when games like FF7 or MGS were ported to PC.

And they were half-assed, clunky, and licensed to monkeys for porting.

You get a bonus but in most cases fighting him gets you killed cause his stats are ridiculous in missions where the objective isn't to kill him.
Unless it's a character that you already leveled up alot, it's not impossible to pull off tho the AI is quite stupid in these games.

I have a 360 controller. The button configuration is awful.

Ah yes. Fighting Lubu with a created low level character in DW4..the original Dark Souls.

I imagine that's a big part of it.

The other being motivation.

Gotta use cheap tactics all day everyday, because there's nothing worse than getting caught by a surprise musou attack and getting instagibbed..

I used to just cheese him with his Red Hare. Just knock him off then just speed past him and spend about 30 minutes doing that until he dies.

Because of Steam. Steam has shown that the PC market isn't just a terrifying pirate-ridden wasteland where you'll get swindled out of your work.

Gaming as a whole has become more commonplace, and genre interest has expanded to new audiences. PC gaming was pretty insular during the 90s.

Also controller compatibility. This is a big one. With the 360 controller near universal compatibility, it paved the way for a lot of games on PC that you would be forced to otherwise use a KB+M for.

And they were half-assed, clunky, and licensed to monkeys for porting.

Did not consider this. You can now sync Arcade sticks with PCs, correct?

Yep, sounds about right. And if you accidentally get hit you spend several minutes scurrying around the map for some health.

You don't know true fear until you feel Lu Bu coming ever closer as you look for a Meat Bun that is mysteriously placed in a pot.

I wait till he gets off his horse and just steal it then run around the Map for a few minutes taking passes at him now and then.

The cowards way is the one true way.

Top Bottom