• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

croten

I think I want to try making my own PC just for Steam gaming. It sounds like I'll be saving significantly long term If I build a tower vs buying a PS4 and hoping for the best.

Yeah that's a good idea. Getting a PC from scratch is going to be more expensive and you'll miss out on exclusives but upgrading from one gen to the next is much cheaper, plus games are usually cheaper as well.

Yeah that's a good idea. Getting a PC from scratch is going to be more expensive and you'll miss out on exclusives but upgrading from one gen to the next is much cheaper, plus games are usually cheaper as well.

I don't want to miss Bloodborne or SF5, but it sounds like next gen is leaning towards that way. GAF has convinced me of the long term benefits of PC gaming is.

mike0dude

If they release a gold ps4 for one piece pirates warriors 3 I might be dumb enough to buy it since I don't have one yet...

edit:cause they did it for PW2
golden-ps3.jpg

Well, you're missing all future exclusives. It's not black and white. The best way to go is to have both. PC for longevity and optimization, while console for immediacy and exclusives.

This is the way to go. Just pick up a PS4 when the prices eventually go down and pick up all of the exclusives you want for it. Until then just stick it out with your PC.

croten

Well, you're missing all future exclusives. It's not black and white. The best way to go is to have both. PC for longevity and optimization, while console for immediacy and exclusives.

If you have a PC you can always wait for a price drop and pick it up in the future

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
If you have a PC you can always wait for a price drop and pick it up in the future

General speaking, that's how I approach PC gaming. I double dip on certain titles when they're dirt cheap because they're future proof (to an extent).

Exclusives will stay exclusives, though.

My Wii U has been holding me over thus far. If PC gaming can get me though to beyond current gen to next gen, I don't mind paying slightly more and learning how to do it myself.

Besides, the thing keeping me from gaming down to road will be costs. If a gaming PC drives my games budget down, I'm all for it.

croten

General speaking, that's how I approach PC gaming. I double dip on certain titles when they're dirt cheap because they're future proof (to an extent).

There are some exceptions, KI might get a PC port after all but yeah most exclusives are going to stay that way.

My Wii U has been holding me over thus far. If PC gaming can get me though to beyond current gen to next gen, I don't mind paying slightly more and learning how to do it myself.

Besides, the thing keeping me from gaming down to road will be costs. If a gaming PC drives my games budget down, I'm all for it.

I've saved over thousand dollars from Steam, and I have more games than I probably will ever play.

If you actually play every game you buy, you'll save so much money.

That's what emulation is for. (If you're patient enough to wait for however long it takes for the emulator to be fully functional)

Building a PC was definitely the best gaming decision I've made.
But Wii U stole me away.

croten

That's what emulation is for. (If you're patient enough to wait for however long it takes for the emulator to be fully functional)

Building a PC was definitely the best gaming decision I've made.
But Wii U stole me away.

Yeah, the Wii U isn't trying to be a shit PC like the other consoles

360pages

Also apparently the guys who make the Naruto games knew how it was going to end for awhile. That's probably why they were able to drop so many Naruto/Hinata hints throughout their games.

Top Bottom