• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

mike0dude

it has recently come to my attention that some of you dont have Christmas avatars
Christmas is 2 days away
atleast add a badly photoshopped santa hat

Maybe some people happen to be Jewish D:<

Damn, a friend of mine started the phone lust in me. Im looking at the S5 with need in my eyes. Damnit.

Just wait a few more months Pat they are gonna announce the S6 which will probably be EVEN MORE slightly different than the S5 was from the S4

For being a tech nerd I never really got into smartphones or tablets. I have an iPad mini I use for iMessaging my friends, and I've used android phones and tablets, but they're just a tiny computer. I have like 12 computers around me at all times.

Beloved

Damn, a friend of mine started the phone lust in me. Im looking at the S5 with need in my eyes. Damnit.

My brother has an S5 and loves it, it makes me a bit jelly.
and he reacently started playing WD Season 1 on it, it looks FAR better than it has any right to on a goddamn phone.

mike0dude

Don't do it Pat, phones are stupid. What are you going to do on it, play games?

I have 6 apps on my phone:
a battery extending app, an alarm clock, my banking app, Twitter, Reddit, and the Hokuto No Ken soundboard so I can annoy my friend with the Thouther laugh when ever he eats shit at a game

For being a tech nerd I never really got into smartphones or tablets. I have an iPad mini I use for iMessaging my friends, and I've used android phones and tablets, but they're just a tiny computer. I have like 12 computers around me at all times.
I'm the same way..I never use my phone I really don't need it. I would rather just message someone on my computer.

Beloved

I dislike my phone (its a Windows smartphone, need I say more?) but I dont use it enough for actual phone related things to justify getting something better.

I'm the same way..I never use my phone I really don't need it. I would rather just message someone on my computer.
I'm becoming lost on what function they fufill anymore. Email, internet, streaming video, texting, phone.

I get that people can just whip it out anywhere and do that stuff, I guess, but the tiny niche it fills isn't worth $800 to buy one without a contract, or just the bill for phone service. At least, to me,
I have spent over 15000 hours listening to my Spotify account.
100% of those hours have been done on mobile.
No ragrets.
Yeah, streaming mp3s is cool.

I'm becoming lost on what function they fufill anymore. Email, internet, streaming video, texting, phone.

I get that people can just whip it out anywhere and do that stuff, I guess, but the tiny niche it fills isn't worth $800 to buy one without a contract, or just the bill for phone service. At least, to me,

For someone like me who already has a computer I really have no need for one. That's all phones are now..baby sized computers. They're way more fucking expensive then a regular computer too.

Smartphones have a lot of functions. You not using them does not make smartphones useless.

For someone like me who already has a computer I really have no need for one. That's all phones are now..baby sized computers. They're way more fucking expensive then a regular computer too.
I don't even just have a computer, I have handheld consoles, with internet access no less, that make having it on the go mean even less.

My phone that I have is an old ass blackberry, and the craziest thing I do is get on GAF in the few times I'm not in wifi and alone. Otherwise I try and just talk to the people around me, kinda awkwardly.
Smartphones have a lot of functions. You not using them does not make smartphones useless.
Yeah. I just find it redundant, especially for me personally.

Man I get way too salty when I play fight games online.
I still don't play fighting games online, even when I have the chance to do so (could've done it with Xrd, but opted against especially with word about the netcode being not good).

I value local meet ups too much, though they are very few and far between.

I still don't play fighting games online, even when I have the chance to do so (could've done it with Xrd, but opted against especially with word about the netcode being not good).

I value local meet ups too much, though they are very few and far between.
Well I have no idea how to practice by myself and I wanna git gud and the only way I know how it to go online.

Is it bad that I already knew about this?
I don't even just have a computer, I have handheld consoles, with internet access no less, that make having it on the go mean even less.

My phone that I have is an old ass blackberry, and the craziest thing I do is get on GAF in the few times I'm not in wifi and alone. Otherwise I try and just talk to the people around me, kinda awkwardly.

I have my iPhone 4S that just kinda sits there..I don't even get decent cell service where I live lol.

Have you ever owned a smartphone? I used to think that they were pointless, but once I got my own I saw how valuable they really are.

Alfebit

Banned
Uh, in FF14?

No, to the woman I love.
Katsuragi.jpg

Top Bottom