• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

I feel like he has enough lore to break out of it.

Has the Rising Superstar Liam been pushed enough to be able to main event Summerslam?

So I just checked Facebook and I see this post (yes this is...actually a post someone chose to type out and post):

But then I lost my shit because my mind immediately went "Must've been Pat"

I swear to god it reads like tbf fanfiction.

This sounds like something I would do. I always feel awkward asking people to move in grocery stores.

Beloved

So I just checked Facebook and I see this post (yes this is...actually a post someone chose to type out and post):

So I was at the dollar store and these two really hot guys were walking around. Of course I kind of let my eyes follow them. But I was distracted in the freezer section when I felt warm hands on the small of my back (or the large of my back if u wanna get technical). The really hot guy happened to be standing rather closely behind me. He leaned close and his breath fanned across the back of my neck. "Excuse me." He said. I turned heatedly "yes?" I gave him my best smile, batting my eyelashes in a flirting manner. He smiled this bright white toothy smile "no really, excuse me. You are blocking the aisle." I realized the reason he was so close was bc I was indeed blocking the aisle, bent over in the freezer section. But, It was magical. Lol.

But then I lost my shit because my mind immediately went "Must've been Pat"

I swear to god it reads like tbf fanfiction.

Anung

Un Rama
Please no.
The anime gimmick is overdone as fuck. I just want to hear him talk passionately about his top 10s. Maybe pull another rant about Squeenix in the video...

I concur. Sometimes in the podcast you can kind of hear his disdain for being "the anime guy"

360pages

I'm happy that it's canon, not going to pretend that it's written well though.

Pretty much just relate it to Goku and ChiChi romance, I question it and shrug and then accept it. What irritates me is the writer acting like it was written better than a basic action movie romance when in fact it's written a lot worse than some of those.

I dont watch Korra but I'm curious as to why?

It felt like it didn't fit. Like, it came out of no where. No hinting, no foreshadowing, no side story, nothing. It felt like they just say fan shipping, decided "yeah sure", and threw it in for whatever reason. That's pretty much what bugs me.
Don't think any of that is a spoiler but did it just in case.

Squishy3

It felt like it didn't fit. Like, it came out of no where. No hinting, no foreshadowing, no side story, nothing. It felt like they just say fan shipping, decided "yeah sure", and threw it in for whatever reason. That's pretty much what bugs me.
I called it the minute Korra blushed over Asami saying she looked good.

WHAT DO YA FUCKIN KNOW

Jman014

Well he did say there were subtle hints of it in books 3 and 4.

Squishy3

That's still like one thing and I'm never going to stop being salt about it

Mara is going to have a heart attack
There's that then the trip around town. Also the fact she was only writing letters to Asami. She didn't even fucking write her parents

it's one of those things people saw coming a mile away (and those who didn't can follow the steps logically backwards)

korra has always been extremely predictable for the most part, although i didn't follow book 3 speculation but the speculation for books 1 and 2 were 100% right.

it's better than the thing in tlou but it's not like that's hard

Beloved

I can understand that, romantic relationships that just seem to...appear out of nowhere don't really come across well.

Though to be fair, a lot of relationships in real life wouldnt outwardly have much build up either, I lot of romantic encounters do quite literally just...happen out of nowhere with no "foreshadowing".

It just doesn't translate well in most forms of writing, because it either comes across as shallow or contrived etc.

Look at this amazing Jotaro drawing done by Murata (Illustrator for One Punch Man).

B5gpKB7IQAAh0-D.jpg:large

There's more of these illustrations here http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/25_Years_With_JoJo

mike0dude

that feeling when you are me and you want to play a game but you realize it's Monday night so you have to wait for the podcast :(
Edit: I think tonight is the ChristmasCast

Man all the top 10s have been so awesome this year! Not saying that I have high expectations for Liam's video but I have some high expectations for Liam's video!

it has recently come to my attention that some of you dont have Christmas avatars
Christmas is 2 days away
atleast add a badly photoshopped santa hat

Top Bottom