• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

They just assumed that they'd like EW. Matt didn't start the playthrough with the same attitude he ended with. Double blind playthrough woes.
Does the darksign even show on your character? I can't see it anywhere.

I think a better question would be has anyone ever used the Darksign as an item before?

I think a better question would be has anyone ever used the Darksign as an item before?
It's literally only if you glitch, don't have howard/homeward bones, or need to keep your existing bloodstain intact.

It's kinda more for lore purposes, and giving it that same function by use is cool, "the darksign triggers upon death".

I guess you're probably right.

But, ultimately I'll just go with what the poll says unless I really just decide against it or I drop it.

I'm not hating on KLK or Monster or anything like that, but knowing a lot of Frienders humor due to the things most of us tend to enjoy I know that Gintama is something a vast majority here would like as long as they don't go into it with a negative attitude.

I'm not hating on KLK or Monster or anything like that, but knowing a lot of Frienders humor due to the things most of us tend to enjoy I know that Gintama is something a vast majority here would like as long as they don't go into it with a negative attitude.

2long for me to care

I saw Ippo english dub by accident.

Jesus chrsit.... its bad.
I liked Archie Ippo, but that's about it...
I know I would, but the length is really unappealing. I'll watch it after Ippo.

That's why I didn't only put the poll on GAF, got a lot of other friends on another anime website that are big Gintama and Monster fans as well. Wanted to make it as balanced as possible.

sjay1994

I'm so happy I can play scalebound and D4, and I don't have to buy an xbone.

Also, Liam was right.... sunset overdrive is really boring.

It's literally only if you glitch, don't have howard/homeward bones, or need to keep your existing bloodstain intact.

It's kinda more for lore purposes, and giving it that same function by use is cool, "the darksign triggers upon death".

I have. I got stuck somewhere and couldn't get out. I didn't want to waste a homeward bone.

I don't use it anymore, since I can dupe bones in DS1, and you get the Aged Feather in DS2.

Hm alright thanks for the clarity. I never came across a situation where I didn't have an overstock of Homeward Bones.

If I ever get a tattoo (I dont have any) it'd be a wolf on my shoulder blade, preferably in the watercolor style

That's pretty legit. I thought about getting the Flower of Life in water color but then I would have to deal with people constantly asking me if I listen to Bring Me The Horizon.

In DS1, it's on your chest. In DS2, it's on your back.
I'll have to look for that next time I boot up DS1.
All three series are probably totally worth watching and the vote is super close, I just saw it as a priority thing.

Xux

Is Gintama the one with the dude watching the dude's huge boogers and calling them Bahamut and Leviathan?

I'm too much of a pansy to get a tattoo.
Don't stab me with needles, yo.

I have a chronic fear of needles Yet I'm strangely pro tats.

My big issue is that I can't go to church anymore with tats.

Besides, look at how sick a bonfire tat could be:

image_zps4964bf19.jpg
Does anyone know how much tattoos can cost and how to maintain them?

2long for me to care

I liked Archie Ippo, but that's about it...

I know I would, but the length is really unappealing. I'll watch it after Ippo.

I've never understood length complaints. Just because something is long doesn't mean it can't be good.

The difference with Gintama is that you can honestly just choose nearly any episode or any arc in the entire series and go in knowing nothing and still enjoy it. You may miss a few little references here and there but in terms of long running anime it's one of the easiest to just jump into.

Yes, definitely. But if I'm going to go to the effort of putting something permanent on my body, I have no problem dishing out the cash to make sure it's done fucking right.

Pretty much. Like figures and other hobbies, once I dive down the tattoo hole, my money better be spent worthwhile, because I'm not getting that back.

I've never understood length complaints. Just because something is long doesn't mean it can't be good.

The difference with Gintama is that you can honestly just choose nearly any episode or any arc in the entire series and go in knowing nothing and still enjoy it. You may miss a few little references here and there but in terms of long running anime it's one of the easiest to just jump into.

I have a really short attention span, and don't like long shows, because I'll start it up, and never finish it.

It's inevitable. I can't do anything about it.

I have a chronic fear of needles Yet I'm strangely pro tats.

My big issue is that I can't go to church anymore with tats.

Besides, look at how sick a bonfire tat could be:

Does anyone know how much tattoos can cost and how to maintain them?

The cost of getting them and maintaining them all depend on how large they are and how much ink they are gonna use up re coloring them if there is any color at all.

Getting a tattoo doesn't hurt If you've ever been drawn on in school with a ball point pen then you'll survive.

As for the church thing..well just be yourself man. If anything I'm sure you could get one that wouldn't be seen with normal clothing. Personally I wouldn't let something like that stop me from getting a tattoo... buuut that's me.

Alfebit

Banned

I don't think anyone here is saying it's bad because it's long. I feel the same way about HxH since what I hear is it doesn't get good until like ep30 or something. That's an awful lot of time to put into something to actually start enjoying it.

I don't think anyone here is saying it's bad because it's long. I feel the same way about HxH since what I hear is it doesn't get good until like ep30 or something. That's an awful lot of time to put into something to actually start enjoying it.

HxH isn't the most terrible thing in the world but it doesn't doesn't start getting good until the Yorknew Arc and even then it's not the best until Chimera Ant. As much as I like HxH I can't deny that it's just an average shonen with some good moments.

Gintama has quite a few things that makes it unique that you would really have to watch it to understand.

Top Bottom