• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

sjay1994

I'm sure it's a good game in all, but holy shit the combination of gameplay, plus nothing happening had me all like
QRVgfiD.png

Fair enough. The actual mission design in AC4 is attrocious, and the stealth needs work... but sailing is fucking amazing.

Sailing and the multiplayer in brotherhood are the best gameplay the series has ever had. Also after unity... I realized I don't love the AC games.... I love the idea of AC.

Unity.... just uuuuuuuugh.

Alfebit

Banned
HxH isn't the most terrible thing in the world but it doesn't doesn't start getting good until the Yorknew Arc and even then it's not the best until Chimera Ant. As much as I like HxH I can't deny that it's just an average shonen with some good moments.

Gintama has quite a few things that makes it unique that you would really have to watch it to understand.

I'll watch it someday but long running anime isn't that high on my priority list.

Fair enough. The actual mission design in AC4 is attrocious, and the stealth needs work... but sailing is fucking amazing.

Sailing and the multiplayer in brotherhood are the best gameplay the series has ever had. Also after unity... I realized I don't love the AC games.... I love the idea of AC.

Unity.... just uuuuuuuugh.

That was another reason why I never got into the series. I never was really intrigued idea about being an assassin. It sounded like a cool idea, but nothing that I really desired.

So as the hype train was budding, I was off to the side, wondering if the game was going to be good. And it wasn't, AC1 was bad, and it soured me on the franchise.

sjay1994

My cousin and I had a pretty good talk about the symbiotic relationship we can have now that he has a xbone, and I have a PS4.

He is pretty much a PC gamer now, and he told me

- He can play Xrd on his my PS3
- Street Fighter is coming to PC
-He isn't a fan of the souls games, so he isn't interested in bloodborne
-The order looks like shit

The only game he is interested in is uncharted 4, everything else he can play on his PC

I can lend him my PS4 for uncharted.... and I can play scalebound

giphy.gif

I CAN PLAY SCALEBOUND NOW GUYS!

sjay1994

That was another reason why I never got into the series. I never was really intrigued idea about being an assassin. It sounded like a cool idea, but nothing that I really desired.

So as the hype train was budding, I was off to the side, wondering if the game was going to be good. And it wasn't, AC1 was bad, and it soured me on the franchise.

I actually never played AC1.

I didn't have a PS3/360 at the time... just a wii.

So I never was on the hype train for it.

Jumped onto the series from AC2, and liked it.

My relationship with the series has been like this

- AC2: This was pretty good
-ACB: This mp is amazing, rome is eh though
-ACR: This shouldn't really exist
-AC3: This game has problems, but I can see them improving on this
-AC4: I FOCKING LUV SAILING!
-ACU: YOU FUCKED UP. I AM OUT. FUCK THIS GAME

Since some people didn't join but said they wanted to, here's the instasynch room link again. Note that the current video is AMAZING (Read: Loud). QUOTE TO REVEAL

You know, playing as Rachel in Sigma isn't the absolute worst thing ever, but the fact you're forced to play her chapters and her gameplay isn't fully fleshed out, it's so disappointing.

Having more viable options besides dodge + heavy attack (where she flips over enemies heads and decapitates them) would go along way in making her feel less shallow compared to Ryu. And also slightly faster, her movement speed and feel is just a tad too clunky.

Are you unlocking new combos or are you just using the same basic combos you have over and over again?
So far im level I think like 25 and for fei all I know is Triangle, X and triangle triangle X and there hasnt been too many times where im in dungeons fighting things. just me doing story missions. So since im mostly fighting bosses or in the mechs I either just use one button to get a bunch of Ap in one turn, or in the mech using the fierce attack. Am I playing the game wrong?
Did you learn how the combo system works?
And since im mostly fighting bosses im just using the combos I know since all my other attacks barely do any damage.

So far im level I think like 25 and for fei all I know is Triangle, X and triangle triangle X and there hasnt been too many times where im in dungeons fighting things. just me doing story missions. So since im mostly fighting bosses or in the mechs I either just use one button to get a bunch of Ap in one turn, or in the mech using the fierce attack. Am I playing the game wrong?

If you keep using combos you'll never learn new ones. You have to use just regular random inputs or follow a guide that tells you the specific inputs to quickly unlock each new combo with every character.

Learning new combos on foot will unlock more combos for your mechs to use as well, so its really important that you learn them.

And yes I agree, the game teaches you literally nothing about this and it fucking sucks.

And since im mostly fighting bosses im just using the combos I know since all my other attacks barely do any damage.

http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/psx/xeno/basics.shtml

Death blows are better explained here.

If you keep using combos you'll never learn new ones. You have to use just regular random inputs or follow a guide that tells you the specific inputs to quickly unlock each new combo with every character.

Learning new combos on foot will unlock more combos for your mechs to use as well, so its really important that you learn them.

And yes I agree, the game teaches you literally nothing about this and it fucking sucks.

I just got to the prison.
Well understand that. I talked to the dude in lahan who teaches you about deathblows. But again ive been doing nothing but boss battles and robot sections.
I just got to the prison.

Well understand that. I talked to the dude in lahan who teaches you about deathblows. But again ive been doing nothing but boss battles and robot sections.

You have to grind in between story areas and experiment with combos in order to have your mechs learn combos. They're the key to the combat.

You have to grind in between story areas and experiment with combos in order to have your mechs learn combos. They're the key to the combat.

You really don't have to. There'll be plenty of opportunities to learn deathblows. Its a really long game after all and its not like you have to learn them all 20 hours in.

Top Bottom