• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

tumblr_ngdmbrMrC01qjsn9po1_250.gif
tumblr_ngdmbrMrC01qjsn9po3_250.gif

JoJo94

Sounds good, I wish I could sleep for that long.

I'm fine, thank you for asking.

Other art stuff, or working on that children's book?

Both working on the book by cleaning up my current pages, practicing Muse to make websites, and making a bookmark for part of someone's christmas present.

Gamer Y

Both working on the book by cleaning up my current pages, practicing Muse to make websites, and making a bookmark for part of someone's christmas present.
Glad to hear it. I'm working on a art project for someone's christmas present as well, though I'm hoping it'll work out, never did anything like this before. Hope it turns out ok.

JoJo94

Glad to hear it. I'm working on a art project for someone's christmas present as well, though I'm hoping it'll work out, never did anything like this before. Hope it turns out ok.

Might as well just show you.

She's getting a Catbug Plushie.

Here's the bookmark the face will be a tab to reveal a shakespeare quote when lifted up she herself is a writer

and she's getting a t-shirt.

I'll share the book pages after cleaning them up, they will still look sketchy as that's kind of what I am aiming for.

Also just bought Have no Mouth...yep

Zenfalcia

I have seen the questionable cosplay video where they do, uhh, stuff.

It was spot on btw.

I might need to do som research and see how good their cosplays were..
Morning. Man I have a fucked up sleep schedule.

Welp I should have waited... I think I bought my copy for a dollar.
Nah, it's not that bad? What time is it for you? Like 9?

The real question is, have you played it?

Gamer Y

Might as well just show you.

She's getting a Catbug Plushie.

Here's the bookmark the face will be a tab to reveal a shakespeare quote when lifted up she herself is a writer

and she's getting a t-shirt.

I'll share the book pages after cleaning them up, they will still look sketchy as that's kind of what I am aiming for.

Also just bought Have no Mouth...yep
That all very nice, it's the personal touch that show you care.

what's the book about? can't remember if you said it already or not.

JoJo94

That all very nice, it's the personal touch that show you care.

what's the book about? can't remember if you said it already or not.

It's basically going to be a simple story about jealousy really. But I am having beings that make stars. One of them makes them way faster than the others and brags about how good he is. Then he sees one making them with ease and falls in love with her...then it becomes a jealousy story that I am still working out. In my head it's somewhat done but drawing it is the tough part. May not make sense since I am just telling it really quick but the set up with creating stars is purely for aesthetics.

And thanks I try to at least make my gifts for some people show that I care a lot for them if i do.

Xiraiya

I occasionally get tired of hearing about Dark Souls being this new standard of gaming difficulty, when it's really not.

I'm not trying to say Dark Souls isn't hard, people are usually one extreme or the other, they whine that it's too hard, or they walk around saying it's too easy in the most bullshit sounding egotistical manner possible.
It definitely has it's moments, what makes Dark Souls hard in my opinion is the mentality behind a lot of modern games that has caused them to be made easy and hand-holdy compared to older games.
Dark Souls is the kind of difficulty I remember from being a kid playing SNES games or obscure Japanese PSX games, which was a great challenge back then when I was 7.

So when I see article shit like "5 Games harder than Dark Souls" I can't help but think well no shit there are harder games, that's not really the point, Dark Souls is just recapturing an era of games when they weren't ever dumbed down out of fear of being too hard for people, so they provided consistent and real challenges while also giving you something to think about, which was apparently too much for a lot of people.

Obviously not every game should be Dark Souls because some games are designed from the ground up to be easy. But there are a huge number of games out there that are designed in a way that doesn't seem like they should be so easy and hand-holdy, yet they are because someone on the team decided that they wanted to Appeal to wider audiences"

That's my rant for today.

Gamer Y

It's basically going to be a simple story about jealousy really. But I am having beings that make stars. One of them makes them way faster than the others and brags about how good he is. Then he sees one making them with ease and falls in love with her...then it becomes a jealousy story that I am still working out. In my head it's somewhat done but drawing it is the tough part. May not make sense since I am just telling it really quick but the set up with creating stars is purely for aesthetics.

And thanks I try to at least make my gifts for some people show that I care a lot for them if i do.
Sounds pretty good, I can imagine it alittle mostly space stuff least how I'm imagining it.

That's the way to do it, the art project I'm working on is for my grandmother. I want to make a poster she can put on her wall, she has a old painting I did in school and I want to show I can do better now.

demidar

Sounds pretty good, I can imagine it alittle mostly space stuff least how I'm imagining it.

That's the way to do it, the art project I'm working on is for my grandmother. I want to make a poster she can put on her wall, she has a old painting I did in school and I want to show I can do better now.

Create the best depiction of a Dickbutt possible. Your grams would appreciate that.

JoJo94

Well it's not done but here's the first page and the look I am going for.

Zenfalcia

I occasionally get tired of hearing about Dark Souls being this new standard of gaming difficulty, when it's really not.

I'm not trying to say Dark Souls isn't hard, people are usually one extreme or the other, they whine that it's too hard, or they walk around saying it's too easy in the most bullshit sounding egotistical manner possible.
It definitely has it's moments, what makes Dark Souls hard in my opinion is the mentality behind a lot of modern games that has caused them to be made easy and hand-holdy compared to older games.
Dark Souls is the kind of difficulty I remember from being a kid playing SNES games or obscure Japanese PSX games, which was a great challenge back then when I was 7.

So when I see article shit like "5 Games harder than Dark Souls" I can't help but think well no shit there are harder games, that's not really the point, Dark Souls is just recapturing an era of games when they weren't ever dumbed down out of fear of being too hard for people, so they provided consistent and real challenges while also giving you something to think about, which was apparently too much for a lot of people.

Obviously not every game should be Dark Souls because some games are designed from the ground up to be easy. But there are a huge number of games out there that are designed in a way that doesn't seem like they should be so easy and hand-holdy, yet they are because someone on the team decided that they wanted to Appeal to wider audiences"

That's my rant for today.

People like to forget about old games when check points never existed and try to emulate darks souls/demon souls because it's popular. Instead of not having really hard difficulty just for the sake of it being hard.

That's quite the rant.
look at this anime shit
i was about to ask what anime this and then i saw it. Why does it look so weird and low quality?

Oh wait.. i think i've seen this studio's work before..

Top Bottom