• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

I occasionally get tired of hearing about Dark Souls being this new standard of gaming difficulty, when it's really not.

I'm not trying to say Dark Souls isn't hard, people are usually one extreme or the other, they whine that it's too hard, or they walk around saying it's too easy in the most bullshit sounding egotistical manner possible.
It definitely has it's moments, what makes Dark Souls hard in my opinion is the mentality behind a lot of modern games that has caused them to be made easy and hand-holdy compared to older games.
Dark Souls is the kind of difficulty I remember from being a kid playing SNES games or obscure Japanese PSX games, which was a great challenge back then when I was 7.

So when I see article shit like "5 Games harder than Dark Souls" I can't help but think well no shit there are harder games, that's not really the point, Dark Souls is just recapturing an era of games when they weren't ever dumbed down out of fear of being too hard for people, so they provided consistent and real challenges while also giving you something to think about, which was apparently too much for a lot of people.

Obviously not every game should be Dark Souls because some games are designed from the ground up to be easy. But there are a huge number of games out there that are designed in a way that doesn't seem like they should be so easy and hand-holdy, yet they are because someone on the team decided that they wanted to Appeal to wider audiences"

That's my rant for today.

Thinking in video games is too much for some people man.

Oberon

Banned
So, yeah bayonetta.
Chapter XV
I just did the torture attack for JOY for the first time....
Is this the reason why bayo 1 is 18+?

getwrecked_3a8808_5366xupd.gif

Zenfalcia

Which song? There's the fist of the north star when they had the score screen for the brawl of the saxaphone before the end?

link to video for anyone who cares.
Show them your digital eroge collection.

No, i can't. They can't know about that and plus the oldest is only 11 or so.
I gather from the "tone" of this, that you aren't particularly thrilled about it? haha

Well, i expected to catch up on my backlog starting today and this means i have to entertain two kids. While the parents/adults talk.

Zenfalcia

the fist of the north star one, I've been listening to the Ken's rage ost all day to try and find it.

It's the openning song. Ai o torimodose. other wise known as you wa shock by many.

Two versions. One is the tv version and other is movie. Tv has better vocals and movie has better instrumentals.

Edited: the right name of the song since i spelt it so wrong.

mike0dude

It's the openning song. Ai o torimodose. other wise known as you wa shock by many.

Two versions. One is the tv version and other is movie. Tv has better vocals and movie has better instrumentals.

Edited: the right name

no the one that's playing while Matt climbs the ladder. I think its either from kens rage, Dynasty Warriors Sengoku basara 3 or Zoids battle legend

Edit: I feel as tho im totally wrong tho and it's probably a killer instinct thing

Zenfalcia

no the one that's playing while Matt climbs the ladder. I think its either from kens rage, Dynasty Warriors Sengoku basara 3 or Zoids battle legend

Edit: I feel as tho im totally wrong tho and it's probably a killer instinct thing

You're super wrong and it's a killer instinct thing.

Killer Instinct 2/Gold- Gargos theme. At least that's what the comments say. I'm assuming it's the same theme at 12:40 after Pat wins one round. I'll double check.

ultimax

So, that solved that problem for you.

They're going to be here for long. It's a weekend and also they're coming because we're hosting a party/dinner and have stayed until 11 before. I guess the kids can watch me play persona or watch very mature anime. What's the worst that could happen?
Woof, that's ruff.
zen pls, don't show them something lewd, they're only children

They're going to be here for long. It's a weekend and also they're coming because we're hosting a party/dinner and have stayed until 11 before. I guess the kids can watch me play persona or watch very mature anime like monster. What's the worst that could happen?
Show them us and make them frienders

demidar

They're going to be here for long. It's a weekend and also they're coming because we're hosting a party/dinner and have stayed until 11 before. I guess the kids can watch me play persona or watch very mature anime like monster. What's the worst that could happen?

Oh, they're only kids. Can't you give them a game to play?

Beloved

Best plan.

Zenfalcia

Top Bottom