• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Nah, Puzzle Fighter is actually good.

Then he needs to ask another question.

Abstract means : existing in thought or as an idea but not having a physical or concrete existence.

So Puzzle Bobble and Puzzle Fighter are technically Vs Fighting Games... so does Twisted Metal...

Maybe that could work? The Tetris Attack video was pretty good and I fucking love Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo.

Those felt like crossovers to me. You have to define what abstract means in this context.

mike0dude

Abstract means : existing in thought or as an idea but not having a physical or concrete existence.

So Puzzle Bobble and Puzzle Fighter are technically Vs Fighting Games... so does Twisted Metal...

Custom robo then, (metacritic actually list it as a fighting game tho)

Abstract or bad? Dragon mask would be an amazing game to play or pretty fighter.
Could you give us a link? Google search isn't very helpful.

The latest Scrublords was pretty abstract, but there was actual fighting in it... I'm not sure what qualifies a game to be on Scrublords/FNF except for some fighting.

Zenfalcia

Could you give us a link? Google search isn't very helpful.

The latest Scrublords was pretty abstract, but there was actual fighting in it... I'm not sure what qualifies a game to be on Scrublords/FNF except for some fighting.
It was one of the videos that pat linked a few days ago that is the inspiration for the tbf channel.

From the best from now channel.

The side scrolling fighting games are what I can recall correctly define a fighter.

What about Godzilla VS games like Destroy All Monsters?

Work's over.

dpxhLfY.gif

Anything with a combat system that i designed for multiplayer can be considered a fighting game. Of course, there are key differences to separate the categories.

I don't consider Twisted Metal a fighting game. Vehicular arena combat, yes. Fighting game, no.

Chu Chu Rocket?

I actually don't know what kind of fighting games will be featured on Scrublord, but abstract to me in that context I understood as: Game with Fightan elements but that aren't traditional fighters.
I would fucking love to see the Zaibatsu play some Chu Chu Rocket, that game is hella rad.

I see rhythm games as distilling the most common aspect of video games to its purest form, which is just pressing buttons. And it takes that an makes you press them rhythmically and in a specific way that challenges hand eye coordination. Score is obviously an important factor to it, if it wasn't then virtually every arcade game would be rendered a complete waste of time, like Outrun or After Burner.

I obviously like the music when it's good, and I've played instruments in the past so I've always had a good sense of rhythm. For stuff like IIDX or Pop'n Music, it's definitely for those above reasons along with requiring a high amount of dexterity to do songs on higher difficulties.
Case and point is the original arcade games and things like Tetris, the only goal is to do better, and possibly play longer, but Ryrhtym games also have a set limited amount of time to achieve a high score. This means your eventual goal is to perfectly press the button until you achieve a state that you deem as passable.

When it comes down to it, I just love music, and button bashing along to the beat is fun. The gamification is just simplistic.

Chu Chu Rocket?

I actually don't know what kind of fighting games will be featured on Scrublord, but abstract to me in that context I understood as: Game with Fightan elements but that aren't traditional fighters.

Older Scrublords just had Matt and Woolie playing bad fighting games. Abstract be damned.

Bushido Blade is an fighting game, with unusual elements, but it's really good.

Anything with a combat system that i designed for multiplayer can be considered a fighting game. Of course, there are key differences to separate the categories.

I don't consider Twisted Metal a fighting game. Vehicular arena combat, yes. Fighting game, no.

That's why when he said abstract, I wasn't clear what he wanted to see on Scrublords.

RIP RE4 villagers, you were all nice people before a certain someone showed up.

yeah I found the name of them, Horsehair worms. as larva they live inside of insects and the like taking nutrients like other parasites until they adults. When they become adults they take over the host's mind and drive it towards water to drown itself. when it is dead they all come bursting out of the corpse in a Las Plagas like weird tentacle looking mess
http://www.wired.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/HHW_movie.gif
hotlinking for the people tired of seeing it

Zenfalcia

Repost of an old thing but, if anone has suggestions for a christmas themed bestgaf sings. PM me if you havent already. I'm making a vote tomorrow.

I meant the SBFs...

during one of the later parts of Yazuka 4 they talk about that medical procedure where you take someone's healthy poop and put it in another person's unhealthy ass to make their digestive system work better. It was one of the parts they had to re record during the build up to the final battle. part 34 or 35 or something

Yo, they threw out Hotline Miami right? Much excite.

I really wonder what LP they unanimously decided on.

It's gonna be something too gangster and ghetto for video games to handle. Our babby eyes won't be able to handle this.

Also, it's good to see Woolie and Matt back in an LP after their last one didn't work out too great.

Time for wild assumptions/guesses!
Full lp of 50 cent games.

IMMA TAKE YOU TO THE CANDY SHOP.

during one of the later parts of Yazuka 4 they talk about that medical procedure where you take someone's healthy poop and put it in another person's unhealthy ass to make their digestive system work better. It was one of the parts they had to re record during the build up to the final battle. part 34 or 35 or something

Oh thank god someone was keeping track better than me. I kept thinking it was during the Homecoming LP

Great. Awesome. Perfekt.

I cleared the first chapter of my Seacrest Santa gift, and it's not bad for an indie character action game. It's not Bayonetta or DMC, but it is an enjoyable game.

Top Bottom