• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Am now but I'm pretty awful too cause I haven't played in a while. :p

I am also pretty rusty. Anyone else finding that the story and just overall layout is ridiculously... not what I expected? It's T, so thats why things were toned down, but it doesn't really feel as violent and mature as I would have liked. It's super tame in some parts. It just irks me. Also, it takes goddamn forever to kill a single abductor, to the point where it stopped being fun for me. 4 abductors at once isn't fun, it's just infuriating.

grimmiq

Thinking about starting to watch JoJo..which series do I start with, I think Pat said it's fine to skip the originals (2000 and 2004) and start with the newer ones(2012)? Is that about right?

Thinking about starting to watch JoJo..which series do I start with, I think Pat said it's fine to skip the originals (2000 and 2004) and start with the newer ones(2012)? Is that about right?

Yes, start with JoJo 2012, it is all on Crunchyroll. Just don't start with Stardust Crusaders, that is the 3rd part

Do you think Co-Op is worth it after you've finished the game? I want to try that sometime but I'm probably not going to be able to until everyone's done with most if not the whole game.

Dunno, I haven't beat it.

I am also pretty rusty. Anyone else finding that the story and just overall layout is ridiculously... not what I expected? It's T, so thats why things were toned down, but it doesn't really feel as violent and mature as I would have liked. It's super tame in some parts. It just irks me. Also, it takes goddamn forever to kill a single abductor, to the point where it stopped being fun for me. 4 abductors at once isn't fun, it's just infuriating.

I just feel like it's because I don't understand the crafting system so my weapons are just too damn weak.

Well I'm just awful at the game in general, so we'll make the perfect team!

Hoorah!

So how does this mess work? I haven't touched the online.

Yep. New ones start from the beginning and go to Part 3. Old ones are just Part 3

grimmiq

Cool, I watched the first episode of 2012 and Stardust and figured 2012 was the better place to start..now to finish it in 11 days before the new season starts.

The crafting system makes no fucking sense. Yeah, my weapons are probs too weak. But still, fighting 4 abductors isn't fun.

It's got a typical upgrade system where you hit a + plateau and then can go for either further physical power or add an element to it. I believe I have a thunder/ice katana and fire/thunder rocket launcher

Just started Freedom Wars today as well. Its my second attempt to get into the hunting genre so hopefully I can enjoy this one.

Is it ok for me to complain about the lack of music in Xenogears? I feel like there are like 10 tracks and the only one I like is Emotion

Disc two has the best music in the game, especially late game. But I don't think you've heard "Flight" yet or "The one who is torn apart" which are some great songs in disc one, especially during the moments they play in the game.

And compared to Xenosaga 1 its the most diverse OST I've ever heard from Mitsuda. But Xenosaga 3 does put the entire Xeno franchise to shame with its diversity. Even Xenoblade, as great as that game's OST is.

Just started Freedom Wars today as well. Its my second attempt to get into the hunting genre so hopefully I can enjoy this one.

Disc two has the best music in the game, especially late game. But I don't think you've heard "Flight" yet or "The one who is torn apart" which are some great songs in disc one, especially during the moments they play in the game.

And compared to Xenosaga 1 its the most diverse OST I've ever heard from Mitsuda. But Xenosaga 3 does put the entire Xeno franchise to shame with its diversity. Even Xenoblade, as great as that game's OST is.
Right now im on the
giant floating scavenger ship town.

Hell, we should play sometime as well. You don't grow signififantly stronger per code anyway, so I'll gladly help you out.

I'm still creating my character lol. Can you change how your character looks throughout the game with more options or am I stuck forever with what I made out of curiousity?

Right now im on the
giant floating scavenger ship town.

Its been a while since I've played the game, but I'm sure that's pretty early in. There's still a lot to go, no wonder why you haven't heard many songs.

I'm still creating my character lol. Can you change how your character looks throughout the game with more options or am I stuck forever with what I made out of curiousity?

Its been a while since I've played the game, but I'm sure that's pretty early in. There's still a lot to go, no wonder why you haven't heard many songs.
Is disk two the literal half way point?

Is disk two the literal half way point?

More like 3/5 I'd say. The game is about 60-ish hours +/- depending on if you do the optional stuff.

It's fine. You can play with people from Code 2 and up. And this was an invitation for later anyway. Just let me know if you want some friender help.
Most of the customization can be found as free DLC on the PSN store. Others will be unlocked later.

I'll see once I start to figure things out and get into the game. Thanks for the invite.

I think I figured out why dont like Naruto and ichigo compared to most teenage anime protagonists like goku or luffy.

They dont like fighting. Like my favorite thing about Goku and Luffy is how they both love to fight strong people. Thats one of my favorite character types. The dude who just loves fighting. A plus if its a bad guy whos entire MO is "I wanna fight strong dudes."

Finally, after months of on and off playing, I beat SMT4. Wow, that chaos ending sure was nothing. If only the neutral ending wasn't tied behind a shitty quest system.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Of my anime backlog I have on hand, which of these should I watch first?
Guilty Crown
Ergo Proxy
Mongolian Chop Squad
Dennou Coil
Durarara
From the New World Order
Gundam 00, Wing, and X
Honey and Clover
K-ON
Nichijou
Sabagebu!!
Gunbuster - Top o Nerae!

JoJo94

Finally, after months of on and off playing, I beat SMT4. Wow, that chaos ending sure was nothing. If only the neutral ending wasn't tied behind a shitty quest system.

Yeah, I still am doing a neutral run but because of the BS you have to do I just don't feel like beating it even though I am pretty sure I am close to the end.

Tako

Of my anime backlog I have on hand, which of these should I watch first?
Guilty Crown
Ergo Proxy
Mongolian Chop Squad
Dennou Coil
Durarara
From the New World Order
Gundam 00, Wing, and X
Honey and Clover
K-ON
Nichijou
Sabagebu!!
Gunbuster - Top o Nerae!