• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Nichijou is fucking gold so far. She just blew up for no fucking reason.

This intro is amazing too. Japanese skat, are you kidding me?

Beloved

Of my anime backlog I have on hand, which of these should I watch first?
Guilty Crown
Ergo Proxy
Mongolian Chop Squad
Dennou Coil
Durarara
From the New World Order
Gundam 00, Wing, and X
Honey and Clover
K-ON
Nichijou
Sabagebu!!
Gunbuster - Top o Nerae!

You should just take Guilty Crown off that list. Besides the music its just a clusterfuck, and not the good kind.

My vote would be for Durarara

mp2wLQ4.jpg
Goddammit, Plague

The Law ending is even worse.

They make sure you earn Neutral

Just watched the Law Ending. Yeah, that's not great.

Yeah, I still am doing a neutral run but because of the BS you have to do I just don't feel like beating it even though I am pretty sure I am close to the end.

I looked up the requirements for the neutral ending. My reaction was pretty much "lol, nope." Where are you in the game?

convo

So a thought occurred to me. Does Pat hate MGS2 because the lore of that game is basically
the first MGS with absolutely everything replicated by the patriots
? He seems to hate it in DS2.

360pages

So a thought occurred to me. Does Pat hate MGS2 because the lore of that game is basically

But when MGS2 did it, there was a level of self awareness, hell. It is pretty much a plot point that Raiden is doing almost everything snake did.

DS2, they tried to make it different so no one would notice, plus it's in a different area of the world.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

I couldn't keep up with Dark Souls. I've stopped watching a lot of their playthroughs because I don't have the time. I still watch FNF and Cryme Tyme and stuff like that tho, and listen to the podcast.

But I'm not sure, I remember him talking about how it's a fantastic game, but the story is the worst for that reason.

He talked about this with Dark Souls 2 being dogshit compared to Dark Souls, but still an amazing game.

I dont remember Pat saying he hates MGS2. and the main difference between the two is that Dark Souls is a sequel that takes place in the same universe, not the same story. While mgs2 is a direct sequel, you start the game off as Snake, its like you cant get mad at persona 4 arena for talking about the stuff that happened in persona 4, that stuff happened a few months ago in that continuity.
And as 360 said theres a reason raidens doing everything snake did. While Dark Souls 2 having a sun bros statue was becauze everybody and their grandma loves soliare but it has no reason to be there.

Well that is certainly a way to fix my complains about it going for a love triangle. I'm actually surprised that they kill her that early. Shinichi's Kano tech was cool and the outburst at the delinquent was good

Well that is certainly a way to fix my complains about it going for a love triangle. I'm actually surprised that they kill her that early. Shinichi's Kano tech was cool and the outburst at the delinquent was good
I always knew kano wouldn't end up with shinichi, but i didn't expect them to actually kill her, would of thought she survived in the end and move on with her life

Shack, I have to postpone my match tonight.

I'm sitting in gridlock traffic in manhattan because of New Years -_-

Let's reschedule for tomorrow.

VidulaSaix:
-What the fuck
-Goddamn it!
-That was a massive spoiler.
-Why did we pick that incredibly high leveled mission anyway?

What's a spoiler? I've never even done those before so I dunno what's what. Aside from that last one being something I've never seen before I don't know what you mean by spoiler.

As for why I selected it, I could only choose between CODE 1/2 and the special ones. For whatever reason it wouldn't let me select anything else and I didn't wanna pick something we'd just go in and destroy in like 15 seconds.

convo

The thing with souls is i think that the mentality of separate games equals different worlds and story, was created when Dark was a different thing from Demons because of copyright stuff and ended up making people thirst for another new experience. I saw enough people complaining when they announced DS2 when they wanted another different world.Well these people should have more of a ball with Bloodbourne
even if it does have connections to Demons, the hows and whys should keep us excited
. DS2 has a different story to offer,even with it ties to DS, i want to know more about Vendrick's conquest and more of this should be addressed in the update i guess.
Also did people care about Lords of the Fallen that much?

I'm assuming that's, like, a final boss or something. Never seen anything like it and it's way more difficult than any other enemy I've seen. We were never going to be able to beat the second one in time

I see. That's really weird. Maybe you have to clear code 1/2 before you can do others?

It may have been, I don't know. The most I ever dabbled in those missions were going it at like CODE 3 and getting wrecked in seconds so I never went back.

I think we were getting carried by that other guy as well. I really need to figure out how to upgrade my weapons to a respectable level because it truly feels like I'm not even doing anything most of the time against some of the bigger stuff.

I almost killed one of the spider things on my own and got a good, high leveled, late-bloomer "Barbara's Easy Blaster P" with some good modules, so I wouldn't say that. The weapon can break parts within seconds and does some really good damage. We've all been doing our part (though the other black-clothed guy was super good).

Wanna try one last time? See which lower level mission you can pick. Maybe stuff will unlock.

Also, you can revive others by using your thorn from long range, in case you didn't know. I saw the other guy walk nearby to revive.

I can usually take most things in the game alone but because of my weaponry it takes literally ages to do so.

Yeah we can try again. You try to make a room this time and see if it gives you more options to pick from. I need to figure out what I want to Upgrade and farm parts for it.

I thought you could only do that if you had a Healing Thorn. Man, I've forgotten quite a lot.

Top Bottom