• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Fuuuuck me. I think these Chicken Wings I ate weren't completely cooked. Hopefully I don't get sick.

Prepare for a massive ass dump

Ehhh. I actually prefer Fallout 3 to New Vegas. Best thing about New Vegas to me was the gun mods.

sad.gif

...words cannot fully describe the shit I just experience in the third act of the Stick of Truth. I just...I...the hell?

I thought Jazzpunk was the funniest game I had played this year, but this fucking beats that. A perfect example of what South Park can be when it's at its best.

"Screw you guys, I'm going home"

Maybe it's because I live in California and only about 4 hours from Vegas so the setting wasn't great at all to me. Especially when I notice all the wrong things about the locations.

Xiraiya

Fallout 3 isn't terrible, I played through it again a little while ago, had a pretty good time with it all, I just assume New Vegas is better (Haven't played it yet), because Obsidian is Obsidian, those guys were born out of Troika, who created the Fallout series in the first place (And Arcanum, which everyone should play at some point if they enjoy good RPGs).

CCP games should get them to come in and fix their World Of Darkness MMO they couldn't figure out, that would be goddamn amazing.

Fallout 3 isn't terrible, I played through it a little while ago, had a pretty good time with it all, I just assume New Vegas is better, because Obsidian is Obsidian, those guys were born out of Troika, who created the Fallout series in the first place (And Arcanum, which everyone should play at some point if they enjoy good RPGs).

CCP games should get them to come in and fix their World Of Darkness MMO they couldn't figure out, that would be goddamn amazing.
They were born out of Black Isle, which split into Obsidian and Troika. One of those obviously didn't last long.

And I don't know about bringing back the World of Darkness MMO, but I'd love for them to have Obsidian make an RPG in that setting for them.

Fallout 3 isn't terrible, I played through it again a little while ago, had a pretty good time with it all, I just assume New Vegas is better (Haven't played it yet), because Obsidian is Obsidian, those guys were born out of Troika, who created the Fallout series in the first place (And Arcanum, which everyone should play at some point if they enjoy good RPGs).

You should drop everything and play new vegas.

Ehhh. I actually prefer Fallout 3 to New Vegas. Best thing about New Vegas to me was the gun mods.

2262%20-%20Raw%20gif%20hunter_hearst_helmsley%20rage%20wwe.gif

NOPE.

tumblr_md06uzM5Zd1qbbujdo3_500.gif

iron-boardwalk.gif

I just want to burn this opinion from the face of the Earth, New Vegas was better in every single way it was like going from Fallout 1 to Fallout 2.

Every single thing from the story to encounters and random encounters, weapons, perks, skills, everything was handled a millions times better and with more creativity and maturity.

The DLC alone beats the shit out of everything Bethesda did in FO3, and to be honest I found Washington really fucking boring compared to the Mojave.

Squishy3

So they only do videos for new releases? Never noticed that.
Yeah, machinima seasons are largely for new releases. They'll do a couple one-offs on thesw1tcher channel for new releases too but they typically save them for the Machinima channel when they have a season going.

Xiraiya

They were born out of Black Isle, which split into Obsidian and Troika. One of those obviously didn't last long.

And I don't know about bringing back the World of Darkness MMO, but I'd love for them to have Obsidian make an RPG in that setting for them.
Yeah you're right, troika's people fell back into Obsidian after Activision destroyed them, but they made Vampire Bloodlines, which is still really good to play, so they know their way around WoD somewhat, hence why them doing the writing stuff for the WoD MMO (Which looked kind of cool) would be fantastic.

I just realized... Kill la Kill's ending pays homage to a specific kamen rider series's ending... I really wished Trigger pulled off
Senketsu's death
better than
Ankh's death
which had so much build up to that point.

God dammit, I'm still reeling from that Stick of Truth finale...it'll be hard to sleep tonight.

Yeah it is pretty great. I should go back and play through it again, how long did it take you? I did everything but missed out on 1 chinpokemon in a story mission that you cannot replay in 9 hours.

How bout that
abortion clinic scene?

I was editing my Sonic Adventure 2 LP and had to fastforward a large section, so I put Live and Learn and it's so goddamn awesome. I watched that part like five times just to listen to the song.

I remember you linking the first part of the LP, can you link it again or Pm me it or something? it appears I forgot to subscribe because you did not remind me to click that subscribe button under the video and to give it 5 stars
Its probably the most interesting art style I've seen from Shaft. And the blu ray version of it is absolutely gorgeous.
Yeah so far everything is very well done, I'm starting episode 6 in a couple minutes

Xiraiya

Stick of Truth was a really satisfying experience, it wasn't too long, it worked well, felt like an RPG while also looking so perfectly accurate to the show.

Xiraiya

I seriously need to watch this. How many episodes are there?
200+

But it's mostly episodic, so it's not like you'll suddenly not understand the series if you watch the first few eps and decide to skip some, the first 30 or so eps are the slowest part of the series, and much of the enjoyment of Gintama relies on you knowing the characters well, there are alot of them all with their own stories and arcs etc.

So to watch Gintama, you need to commit, but not really as much as you think due to most of it being episodic stories.

However the series continually gets better, the more recent episodes are many of the better ones, but there are alot of really old ones I enjoy, I've been rewatching it with my girlfriend.

Yeah it is pretty great. I should go back and play through it again, how long did it take you? I did everything but missed out on 1 chinpokemon in a story mission that you cannot replay in 9 hours.

How bout that
abortion clinic scene?
Maybe less than 8 hours? Didn't keep to close track of time, I just wanted to go from one main quest to the next to see the next joke.

And that
abortion clinic
...only South Park could get away with something so simultaneously offensive and hilarious. It was especially weird considering the subject matter being a very sensitive topic at my high school growing up.

Though
Chef coming back from the dead, Kawaii Princess Kenny opening, and the New Kid's only line of dialog
were the most laugh out loud what the fuck moments I had in that final quest.

Fuck, I wanna watch some South Park now. It's been too long.

Top Bottom