• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Vita has 3rd part support tho.

The Vita is in the opposite situation of the Wii U. It has third party support but Sony stopped supporting the system. #companiondevice

Well, the people who shill for the Vita recognize that it's dead in the water.

Poor Vita. The best handheld ever made, and it was turned away at the door...

I just want Nintendo to keep making games for the system. The games themselves seem like a return to greatness from the Wii

I believe so many people shill the Vita because it is so greatly under appreciated.

The Vita has the capabilities to be the greatest handheld known to man, but there aren't many games for it.

There are plenty of games for the Vita. Just the AAA market is gone, because they didn't sell. Indies and niche Japanese imports still prevail.

I believe so many people shill the Vita because it is so greatly under appreciated.

The Vita has the capabilities to be the greatest handheld known to man, but there aren't many games for it.

It has the power to play PSX and PS2 games, stream PS3 + PS4 content, and has it's own library of Vita exclusive games.

It should be the best handheld in the market, but Kids are still clamoring for 3DS. In America at least, I see a lot more kids with 3DS than I do Vitas and the Kids are who receive handhelds. Its a great entry point into gaming for younger demos.

I just hope they did not stealth cancel SMT x FE

That is a really awesome exclusive that we would all love and cherish.

It's probably canceled. We haven't heard a single thing about it in a long time, and Nintendo is probably looking for an out for the Wii U. If it doesn't drop in 2015, it's probably dead.

It has the power to play PSX and PS2 games, stream PS3 + PS4 content, and has it's own library of Vita exclusive games.

You mean well-made ports like FFX/X-2? I suppose.

Other than lacking the mindshare and a less appealing library (no killer game), the Vita also costed way more once the 3DS had it's initial price cut. That price cut was really important.

Most people don't even know about the Memory card thing.

You mean well-made ports like FFX/X-2? I suppose.

Other than lacking the mindshare and a less appealing library (no killer game), the Vita also costed way more once the 3DS had it's initial price cut. That price cut was really important.

Most people don't even know about the Memory card thing.

IIRC the Memory Card is proprietary, right?

And yes, well made ports could've lifted the Vita.

There are plenty of games for the Vita. Just the AAA market is gone, because they didn't sell. Indies and niche Japanese imports still prevail.
Yeah I can see that, but I guess if the indies could be more popular, it would succeed.

It should be the best handheld in the market, but Kids are still clamoring for 3DS. In America at least, I see a lot more kids with 3DS than I do Vitas and the Kids are who receive handhelds. Its a great entry point into gaming for younger demos.
There are some PSP games too... It's a great handheld to boot.

I really regreted my purchase for a 2DS now that new Pokemon wasn't as good as expected and the mainline Ace Attorney games are somewhat scheduled for IOS, but hopefully there is always Yokai Watch.

Maybe they will have footage at the next Nintendo Direct.

You have to believe.

*tearfully prepares to knife for sudoku*

Get good. Move to america. Get away from you Eiffel Towers and baguettes

nooooooo
you have so much to live for Jack
Jack? Jack?!
JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK?!

IIRC the Memory Card is proprietary, right?

And yes, well made ports could've lifted the Vita.

Yeah, but public opinion, anecdotally, doesn't even realize how much they are.

It's just that it's a console that was "50$ more, and has no games people want to play." 3DS lives and prospers by its library, and the resulting building audience encouraged more games.

Plus now that mobile is a thing, it took out a good portion of the people who could've hopped onto the Vita. I feel like that's why they marketed it with 3G, it was meant to be smartphone comparable while also being dedicated hardware.

Maybe they will have footage at the next Nintendo Direct.

You have to believe.

*tearfully prepares to knife for sudoku*

Get good. Move to america. Get away from you Eiffel Towers and baguettes
2-017-ff.jpg

Top Bottom