• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

I don't think the combat is shit at all. It's shit for a platinum game, but have you played games like Thor, Green Lantern or the ps2 ATLA games? Those games have shit combat and Korra blows them out of the water.

If you're standard for combat in a video game is "if it's not Bayo, Revengeance or DMC3/4, then it's shit" then that's just unfair

Korra > Sonic Boom.

That's your bottom of the barrel Character Action, Sonic games. Having said that, I'm glad Sega actually encourages the character action part, as bad as it is.

it is baffling that the vita doesn't have 4 shoulders buttons.

The DS4 controller style grip is the most ideal way to play character action. Playing Bayo on the Gamepad can get super uncomfortable.

Yeah, the Wii U Pro Controller, DS4 and even Microsofts new controller are how the standard of controllers should be. The Wii U Pro Controller would be my favorite if it had a headphone jack like the other two.

With the school semester done, my girlfriend and I exchanged some of our gifts to each other to celebrate. And we won't be able to celebrate the actual holiday together so we're doing it early.

This is what I got her (nsfw)
Preeeety good. What was that Steins;Gate thing behind everything else?
That was a good fight. A couple of those Liz and Kanji matches were really great too, but watch that jump in, you spammed it too much and I started anticipating it.
Yeah I'm starting to do that with all anime fighters now. Jumping in and attacking from behind just feels way too good.

Tako

With the school semester done, my girlfriend and I exchanged some of our gifts to each other to celebrate. And we won't be able to celebrate the actual holiday together so we're doing it early.

This is what I got her (nsfw)

cool2.gif

croten

I don't think the combat is shit at all. It's not good for a platinum game, but have you played games like Thor, Green Lantern or the ps2 ATLA games? Those games have shit combat and Korra blows them out of the water.

If you're standard for combat in a video game is "if it's not Bayo, Revengeance or DMC3/4, then it's shit" then that's just unfair.

not when it's a platinum game, they have a standard to uphold.

Korra > Sonic Boom.

That's your bottom of the barrel Character Action, Sonic games. Having said that, I'm glad Sega actually encourages the character action part, as bad as it is.

I doubt sega even cared about sonic boom cause they knew that game wouldn't sell well.

not when it's a platinum game, they have a standard to uphold.

You know what, I've made the same exact comments on Dark Souls 2, so I'm definitely not in a position to speak lol. Maybe I wouldn't be harsh on that game if it's budget wasn't probably bigger than DS1 and cost the same like how it was for Korra.

croten

Sounds like the negative reactions to Kill la Kill. "This animation isn't Gurren Lagann! BULLSHIT IT'S TERRIBLE!"

It's the same sort of argument but KLK is still fantastic on it's own. Korra on the other hand is alright at best. The combat just isn't deep at all.

Oberon

Banned
Wow, I feel horrible!
I have this strange feeling, I haven't played pokemon for a week and now that I have time for it, I don't want to anymore.
Thinking of it, I don't remember the last time I finished a game, for some reason this is a real downer for me.
and my anxiety was just waiting for a weak moment to take over my body

I hope that ep 3 of Ippo will bring me back my spirit...

croten

Wow, I feel horrible!
I have this strange feeling, I haven't played pokemon for a week and now that I have time for it, I don't want to anymore.
Thinking of it, I don't remember the last time I finished a game, for some reason this is a real downer for me.

___ episode of Ippo will give you spirit

It's:
6 Doujins - Translated
1 Eroge - Dual Language
1 DVD - Dual Language (lol)
1 Artbook
1 Mousepad
1 Novelty Eyewear
1 Steins;Gate poster
That's some christmas gift. DVDs are still some what relevent even though Blu-rays have gotten cheaper and way better than them.
Wow, I feel horrible!

Are you playing the 3DS ones? SP pokemon died when X and Y came out. Ever since the change to 3D, it lost the magic for me.

Everything is important. Videogames aren't about gameplay, that's why they have stories, visuals and audio. You want gameplay, play Risk or Monopoly. Or go outside and play hide and seek. That's not what videogames are.

Fuck. Why do I read Youtube comments?

Sam better come back as a cyborg resurrected through dark magic (nanomachines).

He'll be like Kuma from Afro, (pls let the new Afro game be amazing.)

That's some christmas gift. DVDs are still some what relevent even though Blu-rays have gotten cheaper and way better than them.

First company that produces H-Blu-Rays at a reasonable price gets my money, though with new Japanese laws I doubt I'd by any in the first place.

And it's not just lewd things I've gotten her, I posted the Pokemon poster last night and I'm waiting on a pair of Zaibatsu items (poster and hoodie) as well as a grab bag from Crunchyroll

Top Bottom