• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D Land |OT| Jump Into a New Dimension!

Ugh. This is really killing me that I decided to wait to play this game until Thanksgiving. After being disappointed with Modern Warfare 3, I need some Mario platforming to cleanse my palate.

Teknoman said:
Kirby, Mario, Zelda, and then Mario again. Lets a go.

Actually, it was Kirby, Kirby, Mario, Zelda, and then Mario. You were missing Mass Attack.

Thoraxes

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I watched a few seconds and then was like "OH NO I DON'T".
I swear there was so much in there that I just could not remember anything. My 7(+/-)2 active memory could only hold so much before the thought of drooling overtook about 4 of those slots.

Sinthetic

I need to get cryogenically frozen till Thursday, I'm going to die of jealousy overload.

Woooo @ GT Review. Not watching though, I've only seen the original 4 levels from the E3 demo and 2 trailers after that. Going in with eyes very wide open, ready to be the best 3D Land player on Earth.

Nessus

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I'm paranoid getting anything online though I did order a Gamecube game online not too far ago.

First time I ever did that and it worked out well.

I've bought literally hundreds of things online. I've only had a problem with an item once in the past 8 years.

lawblob said:
So damn excited for this. Now to see if I can what drawer I shoved my 3DS in four months ago.

The system just came out today.

That's how I see it.

Anyone know if Wal Mart would have it right now???

It's going on 7 AM here.

CrisKre

I just finished the game collecting all the stars and i just gotta say:

The last few level are some of the BEST mario levels ever, and the final one in particular is the most climatic and successful mario finale IMO.

Also, the surprise when you beat the game is incredible.

This game is the gift that keeps on giving. Dont get fooled by the simplistic first impression....

I would rank this game up there with the Galaxies. It certainly isnt as epic for the most part but as a portable game it is the PERFECT companion. I wasnt expecting this good of a game.

PEOPLE GET THIS GAME>

CrisKre said:
I just finished the game collecting all the stars and i just gotta say:

The last few level are some of the BEST mario levels ever, and the final one in particular is the most climatic and successful mario finale IMO.

Also, the surprise when you beat the game is incredible.

This game is the gift that keeps on giving. Dont get fooled by the simplistic first impression....

I would rank this game up there with the Galaxies. It certainly isnt as epic for the most part but as a portable game it is the PERFECT companion. I wasnt expecting this good of a game.

PEOPLE GET THIS GAME>

Did you play any of the "surprise" yet????

CrisKre said:
hahaha, yes. just started. I cannot believe the amount of content they packed in here.

Some say that's when the game actually begins but I am sure I will enjoy the "main game" just as much, even the easy shit.

Nintendo's trend lately of "game's not quite over" usually results in grand things.

This time might be the best I heard.

CrisKre

I think so too. Its a tricky game in the sense that while going through it you feel its not that dense and when you hit world 6 the REAL meat of the game is just getting started. I would describe it by saying it starts like a merge between new super mario and mario 64 and all of a sudden it turns all galaxy on you lol. In the best humanly possible way. its so tight and well crafted it reminds me of the polish in DK Country returns. the easy shit is INCREDIBLY enjoyable.

Its good.

CrisKre said:
I think so too. Its a tricky game in the sense that while going through it you feel its not that dense and when you hit world 6 the REAL meat of the game is just getting started. I would describe it by saying it starts like a merge between new super mario and mario 64 and all of a sudden it turns all galaxy on you lol. In the best humanly possible way. its so tight and well crafted it reminds me of the polish in DK Country returns.

Your last few words make me want to go out and drive to Wal Mart unconscious and get it and play as much of it before I pass out.

I've been replaying Donkey Kong Country Returns as it was my favorite game of the year it came out.

My goodness...

gogojira

Going pick this up after work today, can't friggin' wait. I've kept myself relatively distant from media so there should be a lot of surprises in store.

m.i.s.

Banned
No natty blue cases for US / Euro?

Booo!!!

lazybones18 said:

dibbley-1076.jpg

Just got back with the game from K-Mart, got the 15 dollar gaming coupon - had to do a system update and the Join Game option is also included in the American system update. Of course we can't use it yet. Diving into the game now.

DarkWish

Damn, GameStop doesn't open until 11... stupid employee said they opened at 10, why did I trust him? Now I won't be able to go for another few hours. Don't know why I continue to torture myself by going to GameStop.

Javier

Just got it, World 1 down, albeit I missed a couple of Star Coins.

Sooooooo much fun. This is definitely what the 3DS so desperately needed.

Played first 3 levels of this game, unsure what to expect going in. Tilt factor is mega high. Like Galaxy, it's one of those games that would be hard to dislike. The whole package is just so tightly design and shines with energy. Galaxy and Mario Bros. 3 mashed into a game in 3D...so awesome!

I can't stop playing! Already on Special 3, all starcoins/gold flags so far, maxxed out lives. Game is fantastic and the difficulty is really (finally) ramping up, though I'd definitely rank it below both Galaxies.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Just picked it up from Gamestop. Literally have only the watched E3 unveiling. Wasn't even excited until now, that's how crazy this year of gaming has been!

Murrah

Banned
Just cruised through the first two worlds. Love it so far; only 3DS game I've been able to bump the 3D up to max and actually enjoy it. Only complaint I have thus far is tanooki is way overpowered. Which isn't necessarily a problem, it just reminds me of Mario World where there was never a time outside of underwater levels where the fire flower was more useful than the cape

Effect

Kmart didn't have the game this morning. Ugh. Guess I'll try during the week after work when I pass by it again. Have a $15 coupon I wanted to use for the game. Knew it would be a dice roll going with a store like this or Walmart (they didn't have it either when I stopped in for something else) when it came to a Sunday release so not to bothered by it. I was in the area anyway for other stuff so this morning wasn't a wasted trip.

Played a good chunk of this one tonight - for a guy that just likes a few Mario games (loves only Galaxy and SMB3), this game is right up there. It feels/looks SO GOOD!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Seik said:
GT review is up

...and lol it's 0.1 point over Zelda! XD

Actually some hefty spoilers there. Although since I made this thread, I sort of spoiled myself on all of them. :p

"Mario thrives in 3D."

All that needs to be said really.

Sianos

Waiting until exams are over to buy this, while definitely a wise decision, was not an easy one.

Game looks amazing, the level design is perfectly streamlined just the way I like it. This is the Mario game I've always wanted: a blend between 2D and 3D gameplay, with the benefits of both.

One thing that I'm really digging about this game is the music.
It's not quite Galaxy caliber, but the remixes and all the tracks are really well done.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Does this have multiple save slots?

Chorazin

Beat World 1, holy fuck this game is glorious. The Mario 64 NSMB mashup is pretty much perfect!

Anyways, what did the system update do?

Chorazin said:
Beat World 1, holy fuck this game is glorious. The Mario 64 NSMB mashup is pretty much perfect!

Anyways, what did the system update do?

Adds a Join Game feature on the Friends List (so you can jump into multiplayer games with a friend like Mario Kart), shuffles all online friends to the beginning of the friends list now, and speeds up scrolling dramatically.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
This game is hot sex. First original 3DS game I've played that's been worth a damn, and it uses 3D brilliantly.

I have all these other new games sitting here (MW3, UMvC3, Skyrim, MGS HD, etc.) but Mario is all I'm playing. Too good.

Top Bottom