• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D Land |OT| Jump Into a New Dimension!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
US launch day yo!

First time in a while a Mario game's hit Japan first, I believe. SMG1 hit Japan before the US, and NSMBW hit Australia of all places before the US, but otherwise... America #1.

Andrex said:
US launch day yo!

First time in a while a Mario game's hit Japan first, I believe. SMG1 hit Japan before the US, and NSMBW hit Australia of all places before the US, but otherwise... America #1.
Australia's certainly never getting a Mario game first again.

Foffy

Banned
Man, I don't think I'm ready for this game...

I sure as hell am ready to own something that isn't an N64 remake or what appears to be a 'best of' collection ported to the 3DS, though. :p

That key chain looks so cheap, I've seen better gumball machine prizes. And I thought the SMG silver coin was weak. Oh well, a freebie is a freebie.

Anyways, can't wait for tomorrow. After over twenty years, the Tanooki suit is finally back, I feel like I'm ten years old again (cuz that's how old I was in 1990 when SMB 3 was released, good times)

pa22word

Photoon2011-11-13at0052.jpg

Oh yes, the 3D mario goodness has been so overwhelming these last few years @___@

The other day I was at Target and got a streetpass from one of the employees. Saw his last game played was this. That fucker.

and on top of that he didn't have any puzzle pieces

Ah well. One more day! (sort of)

Probably won't be picking up my copy until the evening, unless I get super lucky and find a ride to Gamestop before then. :B

I've really gotta start using Amazon more...

watershed

Banned
Rush2thestart said:
Probably going to pick this up at Kmart. Unfortunately they dont usually get their shipments until Tuesday. Oh well, I get a $15 coupon =DDD
That and Frys are really good deals, too bad your Kmart doesn't have it ready for launch, that seems odd.

pa22word

sfried said:
This must be the Wii version
because it's mirrored

Yeah, don't know why it did that. I usually use my camera to snag these pics (and on a windows based OS, heh) though.

AniHawk said:
does everyone have a goatee and mustache where you live?

Not sure I follow...?

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I was going to go to Kmart tomorrow, but I was out and about and decided to pick it up at Walmart tonight. Just played the first world, and had a blast. Now I can just lay in bed all day tomorrow and play while I watch football.

Are any GameStops doing a midnight release? I thought about walking over to mine but it would be annoying if it wasn't open. Some guys camped out for Skyrim the other night, I wonder if anyone is doing that for this.

Probably I'll just wake up early and walk over to the Target across the street when it opens. Feels weird being this excited for a game! Like I said earlier in the thread I haven't had a console in a year and a half, and I bought a 3DS when Zelda game out just on a whim. This is the first game I've been really excited to purchase in at least that year and a half. I feel hypocritical posting in the "Hyperbole in game reviews" thread, now I remember what that hype is like.

you know what fucking sickens me?

all this games coming out right now, and god damn if you don't buy them at launch, cuz if not, it becomes a "you need to wait till february when they're available again"

*wallet pain

For those that don't want to watch the review, it's simple and to the point and here's the summation:

Really creative and surprising levels abound, starts off simple but gets significantly more challenging as you make your way through the game.

Good music and spot-on sound effects.

Only negative: Odd camera placement every now and then.

ConradCervantes said:
Fucking Wal-Mart. Backwards-ass cocksuckers can't even find a game in their inventory. FUCK.

They do that shit.

They did it with me for Donkey Kong Country Returns.

I spent a half hour driving there and a half hour trying to let the egghead there know it came out that day.

He denied it did and didn't even make any effort to satisfy a customer.

dwu8991

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
They do that shit.

I spent a half hour driving there and a half hour trying to let the egghead there know it came out that day.

That will teach you to pre-order online from now on.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
They do that shit.

Hang on, you shop at Walmart and expect customer service????

outunderthestars said:
Hang on, you shop at Walmart and expect customer service????

Not really, I expected the game to be in the fucking shelves though but all I saw were dudes wheeling around all these irrelevant boxes and them tipping over and falling onto the floor.

The only reason I go there is to get the really good games at midnight.

I should have groundpounded this guy's ass for his 'tude.

Electivirus said:
Holy crap, that GT review. Some of those stages looked craaaazy. :O

Hurry up, sunrise! I need Mario in my veins!

This, except I refused to watch them.

I always looked forward to this game as it's a new EAD Mario but I didn't know it'd be as varied and crazy in design.

Sounds like it might be one of the best of the series in that regard.

Top Bottom