• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D Land |OT| Jump Into a New Dimension!

I've been relatively spoiler free with this game so I'm hoping to see some awesome surprises. What' I've been wondering is if the game is more like 64/Galaxy than the 2D games, or are they both incorporated in the game evenly? I'm more a fan of the 3D games myself, so I'm actually hoping it's got more elements from the 3D games, but regardless I'm sure it's an awesome Mario game.

StickSoldier said:
I've been relatively spoiler free with this game so I'm hoping to see some awesome surprises. What' I've been wondering is if the game is more like 64/Galaxy than the 2D games, or are they both incorporated in the game evenly? I'm more a fan of the 3D games myself, so I'm actually hoping it's got more elements from the 3D games, but regardless I'm sure it's an awesome Mario game.

It's about half and half.

Sinthetic

Mik2121 said:
I'm here! :p Waiting for you guys to get the game and get through it so we can talk a bit about it after the first impressions. Also, I can imagine what most people will say:

- This game is too easy.
- The stages are cool but short! The game is so short!

Then after some hours of gameplay

- Oh ok, it's starting to get a bit more challenging
- There are quite a lot of stages, neat!

Then by the end

- What the fuck, this stage is so hard!
- This game is awesome :')

Ah man, you are great! I think what you imagine will be totally right!
Looking forward to the discussions. ;D

Just received a txt on my phone from my bank that Amazon put $42 charge on my CC (I love this feature of my bank), I immediately thought "Must be Mario", checked Amazon and sure enough it's:

"Shipping Soon"

*happy dance*

Medalion

Banned
2011-11-11.jpg

repost from Funny Pics side on OT

I just paid the game off at GameStop and got the key chain. It's a flat metal Mario shaped thing with Mario painted on. The paint would probably rub off if you actually used it as a key chain and kept it in your pocket so I'm not going to use it as one. It's still a cool little collectable though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I always thought Daisy was held captive in SMB2-US, but it seems that's not the case.

Andrex said:
I always thought Daisy was held captive in SMB2-US, but it seems that's not the case.

Didn't play that one. I played and finished: SMB, SMB3, SMW, SMW2:YI, SM64, NSMB, SMG, SML

Played a little of Sunshine, SMB2, and NSMB Wii. Never played Galaxy 2.

Did I miss any mainline Mario platformers above (other than remakes/GB ones)?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Naked Snake said:
Didn't play that one. I played and finished: SMB, SMB3, SMW, SMW2:YI, SM64, NSMB, SMG, SML

Played a little of Sunshine, SMB2, and NSMB Wii. Never played Galaxy 2.

Did I miss any mainline Mario platformers above (other than remakes/GB ones)?

Nope, you got em all. Unless you count the Wario series, which you probably shouldn't.

SML2 was great though, you should give that a try if you haven't played it.

ShockingAlberto said:
I don't think any system is worth one game.

I'd wait until you decide there's more you want.

LOCK said:
You could look for a deal over Black Friday.

But no games in Q1/Q2 next year are of interest to you?

Yeah, I'm interested in some of the upcoming games as well. I'll also probably get OoT3D whenever it's price drops.

artwalknoon said:
I agree no one game is worth the purchase of a system. But if you want mario kart or something later you can try to pick up a red 3ds with mario 3d land bundle at best buy on black friday for $170 I think. That's the best deal I know of.

I'd love to get that bundle, but I'm sure it would be sold out before I even get there...

BowieZ said:
It's a pretty good deal imho for all of that (including future potential) on top of the Mario game, and a no-brainer if you have the inclination to buy and play any other games (Zelda: OOT3D, Zelda 3DS, Mario Kart 7, Paper Mario 3DS, Luigi's Mansion 2, Resident Evil Revelations, etc etc)...

Yeah a lot of those games look good. I'm especially interested in Zelda 3DS and Luigi's mansion.

M.I.S. said:
AHHAHAHA!!

Nintendo couldn't do an appealing OS if it slapped them in the face.

I've had the chance to mess with the system, and I actually enjoy the interface. So, ha.

Truth101

Banned
TheCongressman1 said:
Yeah, I'm interested in some of the upcoming games as well. I'll also probably get OoT3D whenever it's price drops.

I'd love to get that bundle, but I'm sure it would be sold out before I even get there...

Yeah a lot of those games look good. I'm especially interested in Zelda 3DS and Luigi's mansion.

I've had the chance to mess with the system, and I actually enjoy the interface. So, ha.

Might as well get it used, or try to get it with a promotion. Otherwise i doubt you will be getting it anytime soon.

Poyunch

Oni Link 666 said:
I just paid the game off at GameStop and got the key chain. It's a flat metal Mario shaped thing with Mario painted on. The paint would probably rub off if you actually used it as a key chain and kept it in your pocket so I'm not going to use it as one. It's still a cool little collectable though.
Whew. I thought it would be a plastic three-dimensional keychain. Now I'm fine with not pre-ordering.

I'm so excited for this.

Target gives away a gift card if you reserved it.

AceBandage said:
Ah, OK.
I never shop there because our K-Mart is a dung heap. Haha.

Same. K-Mart had a great deal on Galaxy 2 which I couldn't take advantage of because they never got any copies. What a wasteland.

watershed

Banned
Darkness said:
Preordered today. The Gamestop guy asked me if I wanted the PS3 version...
I hope you said yes! You'd be the only person in the world to play Super Mario 3d Land in both 3d and hd.

artwalknoon said:
I hope you said yes! You'd be the only person in the world to play Super Mario 3d Land in both 3d and hd.

Only if he has a launch model.
They removed 3DS forwards compatibility from later versions.

watershed

Banned
WonkersTHEWatilla said:
If you have a Fry's Electronics in your area, they're selling this tomorrow for $29. 1/4 off on launch is pretty good.
Wow, that's a great price and makes me wish I didn't pre-order at Gamestop.

Top Bottom