• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

KHlover

Banned
I am not a neogaf expert. Does afoni regularly say things which are incorrect and then ask people who they care so much when they correct him? Seems like an awful dude to me.

Just look at his flair text. Kept telling "insider" BS in the Super Smash Bros 4 thread, then the mods had enough IIRC

Richie

#9 at Amazon.

Should be very interesting to see if we'll have another ALBW in our hands (regarding overwhelmingly positive reception from the press), and how much will that catapult the game there.

Rehynn

Predictions.

IGN - 9.6 :)p)
Polygon - 9.0
NintendoLife - 10/10
GameXplain - 5/5
Joystiq - 5/5
CVG - 9/10
Eurogamer - 8/10
EDGE - 9
GameSpot - 9/10
Destructoid - 5/10

There's no way in hell Edge are giving this a 9. The one preview they did was no more enthusiastic than the one for A Link Between Worlds, and that one got an 8.

Downhome

Another review from a place called Lazy Tuesday...

http://tay.kotaku.com/lazy-tuesday-review-super-mario-3d-world-1464180532

I never thought I'd say this, but... Super Mario 3D World is easily on par with the Super Mario Galaxy titles and is hands down the best multiplayer Mario adventure that has ever graced a Nintendo system. Around every bend is a new power-up, a new enemy, a new way to play Mario that you could never imagine. It's hard not to smile when you're riding an enormous dinosaur though a secret waterfall, all while dressed as a cat. Super Mario 3D World is wacky, fun, and throughly enjoyable. It's easily the best title for the Wii U to date and one of the greatest adventures in Mario's star-studded history.

I know that reviews from places like this don't mean much to most of you, but it's still interesting to see to me.

afoni

Banned
I am not a neogaf expert. Does afoni regularly say things which are incorrect and then ask people who they care so much when they correct him? Seems like an awful dude to me.
No, but I feed off of negative energy like the slime in Ghostbusters 2.

Which controller method is everyone going to use for multiplayer? All I have is Wii remotes and i'm hoping the d-pad isn't too much of a pain in the ass for this game.

Also, when playing multi, can the player using the gamepad actually control a character with it or is it like boosting in NSMBU?

rawktapus

Which controller method is everyone going to use for multiplayer? All I have is Wii remotes and i'm hoping the d-pad isn't too much of a pain in the ass for this game.

Also, when playing multi, can the player using the gamepad actually control a character with it or is it like boosting in NSMBU?

I believe the gamepad player is just a character, but also has access to the gamepads features such as revealing hidden blocks and blowing on enemies.

Hero

Watching that livestream player is frustrating.

Anyone got those gifs of journalists sucking at the game handy?

llamarawk

Gamepad is player 1 no matter what it seems. I bought a second U pro controller for this game but mostly in prep for markar and smash. Honestly, I played with D-pad at E3 the demo and couldnt really stand it since been using analog stick in 3d games since Mario 64 but casuals may not care. If you had a Nunchuk for each of your wii motes that would probably solve that issue though. Wii CC also works.

Teknoman

Gamepad is player 1 no matter what it seems. I bought a second U pro controller for this game but mostly in prep for markar and smash. Honestly, I played with D-pad at E3 the demo and couldnt really stand it since been using analog stick in 3d games since Mario 64 but casuals may not care. If you had a Nunchuk for each of your wii motes that would probably solve that issue though. Wii CC also works.

I was just about to ask this. I've got a spare nunchuck or two, and a Wii CC pro, but no WiiU CC.

I know im sticking with the gamepad since I have no problems with it / those touch features are helpful.

According to GameXplain's Q&A video, Player 1 can also use any of the other controllers too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDVs0zPFKVw

RedFalco

Is there any preorder bonuses available in the US for this game?

I'm sorry if this is answered in the OP but I'm trying to stay as spoiler free as possible but figured this was the best place to ask.

Nibel

mario03pg3.png

:)

Richie

I remember both games being #1 and #2 last week on amazon

In the pre-order list, you must mean? I'm talking about 100 Top Videogames overall...and with how monstrously positive the reception turned out to be, I wonder if this gem can find itself taking the #1 spot by Friday...

I watched that justintv stream until it went off very impressed with the level designs and it was funny and cool to find out that it was a girl playing that whole time.

In the pre-order list, you must mean? I'm talking about 100 Top Videogames overall...and with how monstrously positive the reception turned out to be, I wonder if this gem can find itself taking the #1 spot by Friday...

ah how does that list work? Total Sales?

Deku Tree

Paid off my pre-order at GS. Ready to pick it up on Friday. I will have to stand in line with all those Xbone pre-order people. Would be funny to tell them the Edge quote.

Edge said:
If the true measure of new hardware’s worth is how stark the difference is between it and what came before, then this is the most next-gen game that 2013 has yet produced.

RagnarokX

Megatron

Ill be curious to hear the single player impressions. Im sure the game is amazing in co-op but the people I would play with aren't local, so it will be rare that I get to play it that way.

Top Bottom