• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

Mik2121

t -3.5h

I'm ready to go!

Where did you find that? I checked a couple convenience stores and no luck...

Then again, being able to buy it at 12:00 and only having time to play it for like 1 hour tops before going to sleep... I think this time I will just wait for tomorrow and grab the copy on the way back from work.

Krabboss

Hm. I think the music is okay. Not great, just some indistinguishable background melodies. Certainly not on the level of SMG1. The gameplay trailer is awesome, though.

Indistinguishable background melodies is exactly how I would describe the SMG1 soundtrack, for the most part.

Where did you find that? I checked a couple convenience stores and no luck...

Then again, being able to buy it at 12:00 and only having time to play it for like 1 hour tops before going to sleep... I think this time I will just wait for tomorrow and grab the copy on the way back from work.
I can only speak for Fukuoka, but convenience stores sell only 3DS DL and prepaid cards. Never actually saw Wii U ones in any convenience store. I bought it at TSUTAYA a few days ago.

Mik2121

I can only speak for Fukuoka, but convenience stores sell only 3DS DL and prepaid cards. Never actually saw Wii U ones in any convenience store. I bought it at TSUTAYA a few days ago.

Welp, I live in Fukuoka as well! (used to live in Osaka before).

And yeah, I haven't seen any prepaid cards for Wii U either :/ Too late to go to Tsutaya now though, none near where I live and I don't feel like taking the train for 10 mins to go to Hakata now.

Welp, I live in Fukuoka as well! (used to live in Osaka before).

And yeah, I haven't seen any prepaid cards for Wii U either :/ Too late to go to Tsutaya now though, none near where I live and I don't feel like taking the train for 10 mins to go to Hakata now.
LOL! High five!
Yeah, I can totally understand that, even tho I live like 2mins away from the Oohori Koen station, so Tenjin is pretty close. May I ask where you live?

Mik2121

LOL! High five!
Yeah, I can totally understand that, even tho I live like 2mins away from the Oohori Koen station, so Tenjin is pretty close. May I ask where you live?
Yeah, you got Tenjin at like 10 mins by bike or so, which is nice.

I live about 5 mins from the Chihaya Station (Higashi-ku) and while I haven't actually searched online, I haven't seen any Tsutaya nearby. I go to Hakata everyday to work, so I will grab my copy somewhere there or near my house tomorrow.

Oh, and if you watched TV last night, I showed up on TV for about 5 mins or so :p

Yeah, you got Tenjin at like 10 mins by bike or so, which is nice.

I live about 5 mins from the Chihaya Station (Higashi-ku) and while I haven't actually searched online, I haven't seen any Tsutaya nearby. I go to Hakata everyday to work, so I will grab my copy somewhere there or near my house tomorrow.

Oh, and if you watched TV last night, I showed up on TV for about 5 mins or so :p
Yeah, I usually go to there by bike, but from Chihaya to Hakata by bike should be like 10mins aswell huh?
Funny, I work in the Hakata Eki Minami area lol. Sadly I didn't watch TV yesterday, since I was out until late night. How come you were on TV? You don't need to answer if this is getting to private hehe.

I've just picked up my download card as well. Let's do this thing.
Well done!

Mik2121

Yeah, I usually go to there by bike, but from Chihaya to Hakata by bike should be like 10mins aswell huh?
Funny, I work in the Hakata Eki Minami area lol. Sadly I didn't watch TV yesterday, since I was out until late night. How come you were on TV? You don't need to answer if this is getting to private hehe.
From Chihaya to Hakata by bike is like... 40 minutes, maybe. I haven't tried, but it's pretty damn far away. I can go to Hakata in 10 mins because of the JR trains (there's only 2 stations in-between).
As for the TV, it was related to work. I work on a game company and they came to do this interview thing regarding artists working on game companies, and they asked me to do the interview :p

So yeah, I work a bit northwest from the station, kinda opposite to where you are, I guess.

Anyway, going to the gym, won't be back for an hour. I might purchase some eshop moneyz and get the game tonight... still not decided :/

I've just picked up my download card as well. Let's do this thing.
Ahhhhh... you too!?
I don't know if I'll be able to hold it :S

From Chihaya to Hakata by bike is like... 40 minutes, maybe. I haven't tried, but it's pretty damn far away. I can go to Hakata in 10 mins because of the JR trains (there's only 2 stations in-between).
As for the TV, it was related to work. I work on a game company and they came to do this interview thing regarding artists working on game companies, and they asked me to do the interview :p

So yeah, I work a bit northwest from the station, kinda opposite to where you are, I guess.

Anyway, going to the gym, won't be back for an hour. I might purchase some eshop moneyz and get the game tonight... still not decided :/
Aaah, I mixed that up with Chidoribashi, sorry lol. Yeah, the company I work at is located southeast from Hakata Station. I'm in the IT business by the way.

Sounds pretty cool, too bad i missed that.
This time around is pretty busy for me with new year coming soon etc., but if you feel like meeting some day, let me know. I'm originally from Munich/Germany, so don't expect perfectly fluent English :).

And yes, go digital!

Azure J

We're posting NNIDs in here? Mine is AzureJay89. Be sure to mention you're a GAFfer unless I can tell immediately that you're a bro/broette. :p

TnK

SUP GAF, LOOK WHAT I HAVE
aZxa6ZQ.jpg

tHzaDBp.jpg

Awwww yyyeaaaaah. Next gen truly started.

/smug

SUP GAF, LOOK WHAT I HAVE
http://i.imgur.com/aZxa6ZQ.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tHzaDBp.jpg[IMG]

Awwww yyyeaaaaah. Next gen truly started.

[spoiler]/smug[/spoiler][/QUOTE]
Nice!
It's such a shame they release Zelda a month later on Dec 26th here in Japan ;(.

Dragoshi1

I have to get multiple College Final Projects out of the way before I can even think about sitting down to play this game on Friday.

Time to cram!

69wpm

That message was for a few seconds, after that the pre-order button kept disappearing, interesting.

Edit: Now it's back. Let's hope this means the demand is high.

TheChits

I have not been this excited for a game in a long, long time. Waiting until Friday afternoon to play it with friends is gonna be tough :(

Kouichi

Since some of us are posting NNIDs, I'd like to join in! I got my Wii U with WWHD, Luigi U, and Zombi U and I have no friends on it at the moment.

My NNID is Kouichii. I'll add some of you later tonight. Please say you're from GAF!

TnK

Impressions of the first two stages:

Oh man this game is really charming. You guys are really in for a treat two days later. The graphics are probably the best on the Wii U, and if I am not mistaken, runs at native 1080p (correct me on this if it is not). Only problem is that the game has no AA, but the jaggies are not that noticeable. The biggest surprise is that the game is running at 60 FPS (I always though it was 30, again, probably announced it will run at 60). Overall, the graphics are absolutely gorgeous. The game plays like the 3DS one.

If I have any issues is that the TV has a good amount of input lag, and I may play the harder stages on my gamepad. Also, I need more players to play with me.

How do I take proper screenshots of the game? Does anyone want anything specific?

Press the Home Button where you want a screenshot and then use the Wii U's Internet Browser to upload directly to a site like Abload or Flickr. It'll let you choose between the screen currently on the TV and the GamePad. I don't want anything specific, but I'm eager to see pictures!

Impressions of the first two stages:

Oh man this game is really charming. You guys are really in for a treat two days later. The graphics are probably the best on the Wii U, and if I am not mistaken, runs at native 1080p (correct me on this if it is not). Only problem is that the game has no AA, but the jaggies are not that noticeable. The biggest surprise is that the game is running at 60 FPS (I always though it was 30, again, probably announced it will run at 60). Overall, the graphics are absolutely gorgeous. The game plays like the 3DS one.

If I have any issues is that the TV has a good amount of input lag, and I may play the harder stages on my gamepad. Also, I need more players to play with me.

How do I take proper screenshots of the game? Does anyone want anything specific?
Those jaggies you're seeing is because the game is 720p. And your tv should have a lag-free game mode.

So thanks to the POWER of the Deluxe Digital Promo, I will be getting SM3DW for $49.99 and TLoZ:ALBW for $34.99. Not bad for buying digitally on Day 1!

Apenheul

I should mention that reviewers are only allowed to show/mention the first 4 worlds; so critics (who haven't played the game) shouldn't just extrapolate what they've been shown so far as if that's the whole game. This game should really appeal to fans of SMG2, as it uses SM3DL as a framework for throwing an insane amount of creative ideas at the player, just like SMG2 did within the Galaxy framework.

Top Bottom