• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

Exile20

At least it'll play on their Wiis.

Incidentally Just Dance on Wii U is at #320. So if you're wondering where the casual money is...

Just thought of something.

Seeing Just Dance on Wii so high and Just Dance Wii U so low. I wonder if people are buying Mario 3D world for their Wii instead of Wii U. That would explain why Mario is #1.

ffdgh

Seeing Just Dance on Wii so high and Just Dance Wii U so low. I wonder if people are buying Mario 3D world for their Wii instead of Wii U. That would explain why Mario is #1.

Hopeful not since they *finally* started advertising the darn thing.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Nnid = roboleon

I have ten spots that should be filled before game launches! :)

balohna

I would be extremely surprised if THAT many people lacked THAT much observation skill.

afoni

Banned
he stands above bob-omb battlefield, surveying the battlefield he created. mario leaps from his spot, eyes red with fury. he lunges at adam boyes with the ferocity of a cat in heat.

this was it. this was mario's last stand. he had won.

mario - "ps4 owners and xbots alike. be afraid. we have entered a new paradigm. one where no man shall have his game subject to focus testing. one where creativity can not be stunted by publisher interest. one where day one dlc does not exist.

welcome to utopia, friends"

Well Mario 3D World being the Best Seller on Amazon has got to be the turnaround for the Wii U, right?
It could be a start, yes just like 3d land. But it still depends on what's coming next and when. Mario Kart 8 in december would have been great.

But sure, never underestimate the power of Mario.

It could be a start, yes just like 3d land. But it still depends on what's coming next and when. Mario Kart 8 in december would have been great.

But sure, never underestimate the power of Mario.

Think one huge Mario right after another is too much. Its April target date seems to be the sweet spot with Donkey Kong padding the middle in between. Though March probably would have been better.

Joei

Anyone buying this off the eShop? The only full game I've downloaded is WWHD. I like that it was on the menu and I could just click it to play it as opposed to inserting a disc. I'm curious though, if I go offline for whatever reason, will I still be able to access my full game? I only ask that cause I have purchased Xbox games from the Arcade and when my internet went down, it didn't let me access my games, kind of pissed me off.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Anyone buying this off the eShop? The only full game I've downloaded is WWHD. I like that it was on the menu and I could just click it to play it as opposed to inserting a disc. I'm curious though, if I go offline for whatever reason, will I still be able to access my full game? I only ask that cause I have purchased Xbox games from the Arcade and when my internet went down, it didn't let me access my games, kind of pissed me off.
This will be my first eshop full game purchase as well. It didn't even occur to me to ask this. My wifi is pretty spotty sometimes :-[

Joei

This will be my first eshop full game purchase as well. It didn't even occur to me to ask this. My wifi is pretty spotty sometimes :-[

Actually, mine was just a router issue which I had to fix, though I do lose the internet from time to time. I was full set to download the game when I get home from work Friday, but I'm hesitant if I have issues if my service goes down for whatever reason.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
no longer will the sony fanboys look down on us with looks of malcontent, but rather with looks of hunger. the king is back and he's taking down names mother fuckers. enjoy your famine, ps4 owners

hear our lords name, it is mario

run cerny, run yoshida. mario is coming and he's bringing 3 friends with him. theyre coming to steal your food and take your games

I had me a vision

The Revelation of Super Mario 3D World, which Koizumi gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant Roboleon:

Who bare record of the word of Koizumi, and of the testimony of Super Mario 3D World, and of all things that he saw.

Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

And from Super Mario 3D World, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith Koizumi, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

I Roboleon, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Super Mario 3D World, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of Koizumi, and for the testimony of Super Mario 3D World.

I was in the Spirit on Koizumi's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

I'll eShop this, and probably every WiiU and 3DS game hereafter (unless Smash Bros. turns out to be too big), especially since it's a mere 1.7 or 1.8 GB. I'll be playing this thing well within the hour of its release, and possibly earlier than if I got it stores in my time zone, depending on how Nintendo's digital releases work (For example, EA digitally releases their games simultaneously across the US, meaning the central time zone gets to play at 11:00 PM)!

And this is not my first Nintendo eShop game, so I can confirm that the 3DS lets you play games you downloaded even if you're nowhere near an internet signal, while the WiiU makes no visible effort to connect to the internet while starting a game that was downloaded. Nintendo are good people like that.

Coolwhip

Banned
t6Q9nvA.png

ron-paul.gif

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

That would be truly something if Iwata's "one game" ideology really pulled through for Nintendo with this game. I would honestly be amazed if they pulled some sort of insane business magic with this title to resurrect their blatantly dead console.

jmls1121

Banned
That would be truly something if Iwata's "one game" ideology really pulled through for Nintendo with this game. I would honestly be amazed if they pulled some sort of insane business magic with this title to resurrect their blatantly dead console.

I have never agreed with Iwata's critics on this. Nintendo saved the 3DS in exactly the same way: amazing first party titles. Great games sell consoles. Not third party support, horsepower or account systems tied to the user (lol).

Could anybody tell me a bit about the post-game content?

I've read in some places that there are a bonus star world based in Super Mario Galaxy, and then a final world with three levels (one standard, one mistery house and one Captain Toad mission). But I've also read in some reviews that, in addition to that, there is a second playthrough of every world just like Super Mario 3D Land, recycling some other levels in order to make them more difficult. Is this true?

afoni

Banned
I can't wait for the 29th. I'm amazing at Mario platformers and I hope to obtain legendary status with my insane level completion times.

My ghosts will fuck up all the other ghosts.

I have never agreed with Iwata's critics on this. Nintendo saved the 3DS in exactly the same way: amazing first party titles. Great games sell consoles. Not third party support, horsepower or account systems tied to the user (lol).
Now just imagine if DK and Mario Kart were coming out in December.

After seeing the buzz at the Best Buy event a few months back, maybe it's not too surprising that this game will shred up the sales charts.

Sickbean

Okay GAF so this has now pushed me over the edge and made me decide to delay getting a PS4 and buy a Wii U for Christmas instead.

Am I setting myself up for disappointment in terms of the actual hardware? How is the UI these days? Are there any typical Nintendo idiosyncrasies in terms of connecting to AV receivers etc??

monome

Okay GAF so this has now pushed me over the edge and made me decide to delay getting a PS4 and buy a Wii U for Christmas instead.

Am I setting myself up for disappointment in terms of the actual hardware? How is the UI these days? Are there any typical Nintendo idiosyncrasies in terms of connecting to AV receivers etc??

if your AV has hdmi, no pb. unless it's very old. otherwise you may get surround instead of 5.1
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500865

the rest works.

Mik2121

Freaking Nintendo (Japan at least)... I went to a few stores nearby asking about the game and all told me I had to wait until tomorrow. Then I called this small shop nearby that always sells stuff the day before and thy told me they're receiving the copes tomorrow morning... Ughhhh :(

Ahh well, it's only a few hours left, yay!

cacildo

Yes

The games you download from the eshop dont ask for any online validation after you download em.

I know because sometimes im using the WiiU browser, the internet connection drops and i change to Legend of Zelda (original NES game released as vc)

I never had a 360, but this situation you describe is lame as hell! My internet connection drops at least once a week.

Freaking Nintendo (Japan at least)... I went to a few stores nearby asking about the game and all told me I had to wait until tomorrow. Then I called this small shop nearby that always sells stuff the day before and thy told me they're receiving the copes tomorrow morning... Ughhhh :(

Ahh well, it's only a few hours left, yay!
They fear the Kyoto Ninjas...

Mael

It could be the end of the world and WW communication lines be broken everywhere and the only that wouldn't be working would be Miiverse.

cacildo

It could be the end of the world and WW communication lines be broken everywhere and the only that wouldn't be working would be Miiverse.

Which means, after this gen is long gone, your eshop downloaded games will still work.

And that is really important to me.

Question: does this "i need an active internet connection to play my games" situation also happens with the PS4? Or only with microsoft?

Mael

Which means, after this gen is long gone, your eshop downloaded games will still work.

And that is really important to me.

Question: does this "i need an active internet connection to play my games" situation also happens with the PS4? Or only with microsoft?

Well yeah there was no question it would work that way I mean 3DS work that way and you can't expect to be connected at all times with the 3DS anyway

ultrazilla

Any reports of this being out in the wild yet?

I was thinking of checking my local Walmart as they had Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag for the PC on the shelf for sale last Friday(4 days before street date).

Either way, 2 more days to go!!

LoveCake

this looks great, & my copy should be on its way soon.

it's also good news for the WiiU, but i doubt this single game alone can turn things around for the system :(

Top Bottom