• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

Busaiku

Couldn't resist.

2H5y6TA.jpg

Is it Friday yet.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
...So? No answer?

Sorry for spoiling it for you. It was a mistake :(

I know, nevermind :) Kind of taking these things for granted so no big deal.

Remember to add friends via miiverse, or no notification will pop up

D-e-f-

Banned
I'll start by listing them all

Classic 2D Mario

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Yoshi's Island has nothing to do with classic Mario. It's the definition of a spin-off. Just because they threw the SMW2 in front of it does not make it a Mario game. It's like calling Wario Land a Mario game because it says Super Mario Land 3 at the beginning. That's how they tricked people into buying their new IP with different gameplay.

Just an FYI the friends list is limited to 100. So don't go too crazy, everyone.

That's why it makes sense to instead follow people you don't actually know^^

So Mario now headbutts goombas, then they collide in the pipes. Hardcore.

Mario don't give no fucks anymore. People calling him casual don't sit right wit' him. Aww hell naw!

Just beat New super mario U. So crazy alot of the hard levels I just could not beat. So I'd turn it all off, wait a few hours or play the next day and then beat it in one try.

Shipping it off to amazon for 17 bucks back, to go towards 3d world!

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Yoshi's Island has nothing to do with classic Mario. It's the definition of a spin-off. Just because they threw the SMW2 in front of it does not make it a Mario game. It's like calling Wario Land a Mario game because it says Super Mario Land 3 at the beginning. That's how they tricked people into buying their new IP with different gameplay.

That's why it makes sense to instead follow people you don't actually know^^

Mario don't give no fucks anymore. People calling him casual don't sit right wit' him. Aww hell naw!
Why are people still arguing about YI years later. It's Mario game, get over it.

Final count of all content, including post game. Don't click if you don't want it spoiling.

380 green stars

85 stamps

92 golden flagpoles

4 post-game worlds (Star, Mushroom, Fire Flower and Crown) on top of the eight regular ones

1 extra playable character (Rosalina)

Of those 85 stamps, you can only collect 80 by actually finding them in the levels. The last five are earned by completing every level in the game with all five characters (including those dreaded Champion Road and Mystery House Marathon levels, fucking hell). You get a special sticker for every character you've completed all levels with. I don't think I'm going to collect the last four stickers, as I don't think I'll be arsed to complete the Mystery House Marathon with Luigi, Peach, Toad and Rosalina. Life's too short.

EDIT: Luckily, in every level, you only have to collect the green stars, sticker and flagpole top *once*, regardless of the character you're playing with. In other words, if you *are* going for those last few stickers, you can just speedrun the levels with the other characters.

Are the 4 bonus worlds new content? Or 3D Land-like remixes? I'm hoping the former...

Timeaisis

Just beat New super mario U. So crazy alot of the hard levels I just could not beat. So I'd turn it all off, wait a few hours or play the next day and then beat it in one try.

Shipping it off to amazon for 17 bucks back, to go towards 3d world!

It's a surprisingly challenging platformer at times. Not my favorite, but still better than people give it credit for.

Gleethor

3D World + ALBW are available now at my work (NoA Redmond). Would pick them up and take them home to play, but I'm occupied with PS4 at the moment =p

Dude I'm pretty occupied with my ps4 at the moment too but if I could play SM3DW right now I'd drop that dualshock in a heartbeat.

Lingitiz

Man I am so tempted to buy a Wii U today for this. Just found a Craigslist deal on a deluxe with NSMBU and WWHD for $180. Hmm..

Top Bottom