• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

I'm pretty sure what I'm finding is that this game supports the wiimote and nunchuck attachment, right? If so, that's pretty good news for my co op buddies.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
jJJBJQyVEgL5F.png

nnnnfff

in other news, Patrick Klepek's review is live

http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/super-mario-3d-world-review/1900-609/

5 stars

edit: I suppose I should warn you that he spoils the secret character

I like this bit of information, from that review....

"Without spoiling the game's secrets, the development team seems aware that much of the game isn't asking for lots of precision. At one point, it clearly signals to the player there's no more goofing around, and the game's about to get very serious about reflexes. In Land, this came at a "gotcha!" moment when it seemed like the game was ending. In World, there are several "gotcha!" moments, to the point where it's hard to fathom the game ever ends. Instead, it only continues to get better, harder, and more interesting."

It's not necessarily a spoiler(it even starts out saying "without spoiling the games secrets..."), but I consider it, a little bit...

Timeaisis

So whose playing this game multiplayer and whose going solo?

I'm thinking of tackling it co-op with my wife first, and then going back solo-mode and exploring the crap out of everything. What say you, GAF?

Riki

I'm thinking of tackling it co-op with my wife first, and then going back solo-mode and exploring the crap out of everything. What say you, GAF?
I don't have any friends that would play a Mario game with me anymore, sadly.
They are all for Skyrim and WoW (I know...) And CoD.

BowieZ

Banned

Ditto. It's no fun for the other person if you know everything about the game already.

Do a haphazard multiplayer run through first, then do a new solo save file to completion.

I began playing video games by playing Mario with my sisters. Therefore, I intend to do the same here. I really can't wait. Unfortunately, we won't see each other this weekend. I told her I'd try to resist playing myself, but I also admitted that I probably will play the first level.

My oldest sister won't see us until Christmas, though, so I'm not sure if we're going to wait for her as well. It's tough getting the family all together nowadays!

If anything, I might have to rely on A Link Between Worlds to hold me over until we're all reunited.

Is there actually anyone here who doesn't know whom the secret character is yet? I mean... Nintendo has made it nigh impossible to avoid this info, unless you're on media blackout. But then you wouldn't be here.

I'm on media blackout but I'm here. I've only seen the E3 trailer. I like to read some of the threads though. You just have to squint your eyes when scrolling so you don't see the gifs/screens :p. I do know who the secret character is though. I don't care about spoiling minor (for me) stuff like that.

Shinta

Banned
5mPQjR9.gif

How has no one done this for this image yet?

Banderas kinda peaked with Shu the other day. He had his time in the sun, and it was glorious. But the age of Banderas is now over.

We must search the great unknown for a new gif to carry us forward.

Dukey

Banned
It is going to be better than Galaxy!

I (almost) feel bad for folks without a Wii U. Well, not really. They had a year to get on board.

Waiting a year netted me a 50 dollar price cut plus free copies of NSMBU and New Luigi U. I feel blessed. Save your pity. =)

javac

If it's possible I'm planning on creating two save files. One to complete the game but not restart if I die, mess about on and play multiplayer and another save file to play solo and perfect with no deaths etc.

I did the same with 3D Land. Played normally first and then did it again but perfect runs so to speak. I'm I weird?

It's ridiculous how fucking gorgeous this looks. It's as if Nintendo got this shit from my wildest dreams of what a Mario title could look like. A perfect example of how to use technology to enhance and extend a franchise's natural charm, rather than to change it. The complete opposite of what some assumed might become a more "gritty" mario with better hardware. No, it's more joyful, and more awesome in every fucking sense of the word. Not sure how this style can be topped.

BY2K

Membero Americo
This image, right here. If I had absolutely no interest in this game at all, and you had shown me this image, I'd have dropped whatever I was doing, bought a Wii U and this game, and never, ever, looked back.

Mother of God. And that runs at 60FPS?!

Flawless, no dipping 60FPS, may I add.

Teknoman

This image, right here. If I had absolutely no interest in this game at all, and you had shown me this image, I'd have dropped whatever I was doing, bought a Wii U and this game, and never, ever, looked back.

Mother of God. And that runs at 60FPS?!

Thats some Sonic CD artwork level stuff in action.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
It's ridiculous how fucking gorgeous this looks. It's as if Nintendo got this shit from my wildest dreams of what a Mario title could look like. A perfect example of how to use technology to enhance and extend a franchise's natural charm, rather than to change it. The complete opposite of what some assumed might become a more "gritty" mario with better hardware. No, it's more joyful, and more awesome in every fucking sense of the word. Not sure how this style can be topped.

oh, it will be topped. Myself and a lot of others used to think "How can Nintendo best Galaxy 2?". That game was definitive. There was absolutely nothing Nintendo could do to enhance that experience, in my opinion. Yet, here we are, in front of a game that's probably better than Galaxy 1 and 2

Teknoman

You know whats really going to be insane? Rainbow Road 8.

With antigravity F-zero tech going, I just cant even imagine...probably will be traveling through wormholes or something.

zroid

Banned

With antigravity F-zero tech going, I just cant even imagine...probably will be traveling through wormholes or something.

We reeeeeeeeeeally need some new footage of that game. Hoping for a December Direct.

...and it's not too far off from MK8's release. Should be around April. 2014 is going to be the biggest year yet, with Bayo 2, DK, MK8, X(hopefully), SSB, yarn yoshi(possibly), fire emblem x (? i forget), and whatever else hasn't been announced yet.

I'm doing this solo, not by choice though. I don't think I'll ever get to play this with people actually.

Not

Banned
oh, it will be topped. Myself and a lot of others used to think "How can Nintendo best Galaxy 2?". That game was definitive. There was absolutely nothing Nintendo could do to enhance that experience, in my opinion. Yet, here we are, in front of a game that's probably better than Galaxy 1 and 2

Get rid of speed runs and purple coins and we got a deal

Top Bottom