• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

Teknoman

Also anyone ever figure out whats up with the "Humanoid shy guy ghost" in 3D land?

Also I actually miss having somewhat themed levels in the themed world map areas. I mean something off here and there is fine, but having a random desert stage on the ice map (or something to that effect) seems strange. Unless its a snowy area with pyramids and palm trees, then thats cool.

Neiteio

I probably wont, what happens?
The knight in the "He chose poorly" JPG is from the end of "Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade" (my favorite of the films). The Holy Grail (the cup Jesus drank from) was hidden among numerous false cups in a temple. The villain wanted the grail because he believed drinking from it would make him immortal, but the spirit of a knight watching over the cups warned him that he had to choose the right one. The villain chose the wrong one (a golden cup covered in jewels) and rapidly aged into a withered corpse. Indy chose the right cup (a humble little wooden mug) and used it to cure his dying father.

Here's the scene in question!

So I'm implying that, among all of the nice gaming options available at the moment, SM3DW and ALBW are the games Jesus played. ;)

The knight in the "He chose poorly" JPG is from the end of "Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade" (my favorite of the films). The Holy Grail (the cup Jesus drank from) was hidden among numerous false cups in a temple. The villain wanted the grail because he believed drinking from it would make him immortal, but the spirit of a knight watching over the cups warned him that he had to choose the right one. The villain chose the wrong one (a golden cup covered in jewels) and rapidly aged into a withered corpse. Indy chose the right cup (a humble little wooden mug) and used it to cure his dying father.

So I'm implying that, among all of the nice gaming options available at the moment, SM3DW and ALBW are the games Jesus played. ;)

I didnt realize it was that deep, lol.

I had to fix that link, the one I linked to had no audio. It's good now. :)

Awesome movie, btw!

Ive missed out on a lot of great movies. Don't have the attention span.

Any who, cancled my amazon order thinking Walmart would price-match kmart, since a website said walmart is price matching black friday deals a week early. Turns out its not exactly the case, and they are just doing select items.

Looks like im going digital. At least i'll get it a little past midnight. Plus id never sell the game, so no tax, and $6 back(technically), not bad. Plan on posting impressions right away, as well as some pics.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle

"That's the 3d platformer and and 2d adventure game of a Carpenter..."

:( Hey another 40$ could fall in my lap

1928882_o.gif

Photoshop GAF needs to put a PS4 in that gif. Photoshop GAF, please.

Anth0ny

Im stuck between this and zelda and Zelda is my favorite but im gonna go ahead and buy this first my 3DS has gotten so much love. Would have money if i didnt spend to much at ps4 launch.

NO EXCUSES

i bought a ps4

i have both zelda and mario 3d world on pre-order

i also have a gold zelda 3ds xl on pre-order. god knows why.

Maron

Still really looking forward to this one, I don't have work that day but it's also my girl's birthday...Maybe I'll sneak a purchase early Friday and play a bit Saturday.

I remember seeing a video not long after the E3 reveal where Chuggaaconroy mentioned the possibility of a level that consisted entirely of the transparent pipes, with enemies and powerups galore inside. I still think that'd be an awesome idea, and if it couldn't sustain for an entire level or most of one (which is understandable) it could still serve as a fun way to end a level.

cube444

NO EXCUSES

i bought a ps4

i have both zelda and mario 3d world on pre-order

i also have a gold zelda 3ds xl on pre-order. god knows why.

:lol

I was tempted with the latter but figured I'll "play" Zelda on my nieces' 3DS as I'm buying both games for them on Friday.

japtor

I still don't understand why they fiddled with the physics in 2D Mario. In the original trilogy and SMW, Mario jumped on a dime, stopped on a dime, and more or less controlled with laser-like precision. I know that precise platforming is still possible in the NSMB series, and I appreciate additions like wall-jumping, but man it feels like you're slow to accelerate and slow to stop and 10 times the weight of sprite Mario when you play NSMBU.
I don't know, I felt like they've tweak it a bunch already. Like SMB1 was heavy while 3 and SMW lightened it up, and NSMB added more weight like 1 again, and I think other little variations in sliding/stopping and stuff. Can't say I've ever really had a problem outside of early on if that. 3D Marios have gone through the same thing too, they've tweaked it a bunch game to game.
I assume you were on some kind of blackout? They're really old.
I like everyone being wowed by that one shot being reposted a bunch (behind Mario looking up at the level). It's one of the levels that's been shown for months in previews and demos!
Ghost houses in Mario games are usually pretty cool, but NSMBU were bothersome. Except that painting background area, that was awesome.
It was in the ghost area but that one wasn't a ghost house wasn't it? And there was nothing particularly special about the level that couldn't have been done with the regular art assets iirc. You're putting graphics over gameplay!
For real, everyone knows Jesus played 3D World and ALBW!
Hey man, I bet Jesus would play Octodad too.

...I think that was the only thing I saw on Best Buy's PS4 demo station that interested me.
What?

The Zelda series does seem to have biblical influences. The triforce, the trinity. Courage = Jesus, power = Father, wisdom = holy ghost.

Link is also left handed. Warriors of God are left handed in the Bible.
Why was the left handedness beat out of my dad when he was a kid then? (I'm not even joking about that happening...and now I suddenly realize why he was so anal about right hand placement during prayer and communion).

Top Bottom