• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

Scum

zlCfzRMlG0cnrB4WlM

:eek:

:O

The OST just got released on the japanese Club Nintendo one. They have a campaign going for the OST, 250 instead of 500 points. Get it while it's available! I got mine already :).

d5vV7hO.png

Linkhero1

My gamestop is letting me pick this and zelda up midnight during the Xbone launch. I'm not getting the Xbone but I will come to pick these up haha.

BY2K

Membero Americo
My gamestop is letting me pick this and zelda up midnight during the Xbone launch. I'm not getting the Xbone but I will come to pick these up haha.

With what I was told by a GameStop employee, I really need to bring a camera, take pictures and compare who's gonna be there actually for an Xbox One and who's gonna be there for Zelda and/or Mario.

Linkhero1

With what I was told by a GameStop employee, I really need to bring a camera, take pictures and compare who's gonna be there actually for an Xbox One and who's gonna be there for Zelda and/or Mario.

I might do this but I don't think many people know that they can pick up both Zelda and Mario at midnight.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I don't get what's special about the image.

Neiteio

Best levels are always Bowser's Castle. So far I've seen the new aqueduct-on-the-sea-at-sunset level with Bowser in the car, but I wonder if we'll still get lava-filled castles. :)

Linkhero1

Best levels are always Bowser's Castle. So far I've seen the new aqueduct-on-the-sea-at-sunset level with Bowser in the car, but I wonder if we'll still get lava-filled castles. :)

I agree. I don't think there's a single Mario game where I disliked Bowser's Castle. They're all great. We'll probably get lava-filled castles near the end of the game for sure.

Shinta

Banned
I was going to ask this same thing. Looks bland. Was thinking maybe I was missing a reference to something.

We haven't seen a single image of HD snow from Nintendo. Now we know its in the game. Shows 7 worlds just in this image for the ice world.

Neiteio

I was going to ask this same thing. Looks bland. Was thinking maybe I was missing a reference to something.
IToDB4E.gif

I agree. I don't think there's a single Mario game where I disliked Bowser's Castle. They're all great. We'll probably get lava-filled castles near the end of the game for sure.
Bowser's Castle is also the place where the best Mario Kart courses are set.

#truthfact

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I probably didn't consider snow to be a big deal considering Mario has been recycling the same environment ideas forever and just naturally expected snow.

Neiteio

I probably didn't consider snow to be a big deal considering Mario has been recycling the same environment ideas forever and just naturally expected snow.
yeah well this snow world is clearly made with love while the snow world in NSMBU was made by child laborers in a coal mine

The locals say you can see Koizumi's smile refracting in the ice. <3

Caladrius

I don't think we've seen an Ice-Themed ghost house before. And it looks like it might be an actual polar area instead of just a Boreal Forest like it's traditionally been.

EatChildren

yeah well this snow world is clearly made with love while the snow world in NSMBU was made by child laborers in a coal mine

The locals say you can see Koizumi's smile refracting in the ice. <3

This is probably true.

EDIT: Am I the only one who fucking hates Ghost Houses?

So close to buying a Wii U for this game....so close. I just wish the system was cheaper.

Craigslist. Got mine for 300! Came with 5 games and a few extra controllers. Played the games a bit and beat nsmbu then sent them all to amazon and that paid for my super Mario 3d world!

Neiteio

The ghost house in Super Mario 64 was some grade-A gaming titty, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Who could forget the barking piano, the flying books or the eyeball in the shed?

RagnarokX

I don't get it either. It looks nice but not omg amazing. Plus I made this a month ago:

iTo9IJvlTKMYx.gif

Ice world
Snow level
Ice haunted house

The snow levels are always some of my favorites, dating back to Mario 64.

Also, that's not an ice haunted house. World themes have little to do with the content of the levels. That is Shifty Boo Mansion, which has no ice or snow to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN_dWUzP3fo

Lumyst

Doesn't this game take place in the "Sprixie Kingdom"? So I'm looking forward to more locations like those places covered in cherry-blossom leaves :p

Dukey

Banned
So I bought a Wii U(Mario and Luigi version) today for 3D World. I'm finding that I really really don't like 2D Mario games anymore. Like at all. Fortunately I also bought Zelda HD. Gonna tear that one up after 3D World. Hopefully find someone to buy Mario-Luigi off me and use the money towards Pikmin.

Top Bottom