• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
So I just went a played a little NSMBU for the hell of it. God damn, I forgot how floaty the controls were in that game. I felt like I needed to compensate for the crazy momentum Mario accumulates by running. Caused needless deaths a bunch of times. I miss the tighter 2D Mario controls of the likes of SMB3...ah well. Still a fun game, but yea.
They give you all the opportunities in the world to adjust your trajectory with wall jumps, mid-air spins, and ground pounds, and you still want greater ability to correct your mistakes? C'mon son.

chrono01

I refuse to watch any live streams, I REFUSE!

Futureshop still hasn't shipped my copy. I have a feeling that I will be without it this weekend. ~_~

Aaaand that's my cue to stop reading this thread until I've played the game. Almost absent-mindedly clicked the spoilers. Have fun everyone and see you on the other side!

BZk3CYbCYAAV3_a.jpg:large

I'm only really a fan of 3D Mario these days (save for the classics), and while I wasn't sold on this at first, the trailers won me over.

Let's rock.

chrono01

Perhaps a bit late, but I'm glad to see that Super Mario 3D World supports 5.1 PCM.

I need to hear that amazing soundtrack in all 5[.1] dimensions!

TnK

Postgame spoilers:

Looks like the postgame levels are 100% original, unlike in 3D Land
Ohhhh man this is getting me HYPED! Can't wait to get back from work and play some more SMB 3D World.

I regret clicking on final boss spoiler.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Was it ever mentioned why cat Mario is yellow instead of red?

Omg this game

Is it true the character selection screen has the Mario 2 USA tune in it?

Did I dream of this? Is it happening?

Is there a link to it?

Need to hear this... Straight to my veins please. This game.. This thread, one of the best in my short GAF history.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Omg this game

Is there a link to it?

Need to hear this... Straight to my veins please. This game.. This thread, one of the best in my short GAF history.

It's all a dream.

Kard8p3

Omg this game

Is there a link to it?

That theme is in the game but not for character selection.

TnK

The combination of playing this game and checking thia thread is really fun. Do others feel the same way when playing a game and checking its OT?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
So for other players...Do I want to get the Wii U Pro controller, or just stick others with the CC pro?
I'd take Wiimotes + Nunchuks. On Wii U Pro Controller, the buttons are uncomfortable to reach, on CC Pro the left analog stick is uncomfortable to reach. If you hate someone really hard, give him just a Wii-Remote though.

Mr. Fix

I'd take Wiimotes + Nunchuks. On Wii U Pro Controller, the buttons are uncomfortable to reach, on CC Pro the left analog stick is uncomfortable to reach. If you hate someone really hard, give him just a Wii-Remote though.

You sure the wii-mote + chuk works?

Raptomex

As excited as I am for this (and let me say I've never really been disappointed with any main Mario game), am I the only one still disappointed with this as the next 3D Mario game? Galaxy to this? But I'm hyped nonetheless and am picking this up at a Walmart Supercenter with my friend at midnight.

As excited as I am for this (and let me say I've never really been disappointed with any main Mario game), am I the only one still disappointed with this as the next 3D Mario game? Galaxy to this? But I'm hyped nonetheless and am picking this up at a Walmart Supercenter with my friend at midnight.

After watching the livestream (there are spoilers as he's now in postgame) all my worries have melted away. This looks like it's Galaxy-tier.

Zalman

Topping Galaxy is nearly impossible. Looks like this game comes close enough.

Anth0ny

I think we all are, at least a little. I know I am.

Nevertheless, the game looks fucking fantastic, so I'm not too worried.

Fuuuuck, that Super Mario Brothers 2 theme during the slot machine mini-game.

aaaaaaaahhhh only been playing for like 30 minutes and it's filling me with so much joy.

Kard8p3

Stream spoilers ahead
Looks like the second post game world does have some recycled stages. At least the star world was all new.

Top Bottom