• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

japtor

So for other players...Do I want to get the Wii U Pro controller, or just stick others with the CC pro?
Comfy analog stick placement and no wired remote dongle if you get the Wii U Pro controller, ridiculous battery life too I think, and rechargeable through USB. If you have a local Best Buy with any white ones left in stock they might be on clearance for $12.

If you have a bunch of CC Pros around just use them I guess, but if not I'd go with the WU Pro for future proofing on top of the other reasons above.

I don't know, I felt like they've tweak it a bunch already. Like SMB1 was heavy while 3 and SMW lightened it up, and NSMB added more weight like 1 again, and I think other little variations in sliding/stopping and stuff. Can't say I've ever really had a problem outside of early on if that. 3D Marios have gone through the same thing too, they've tweaked it a bunch game to game.

I like everyone being wowed by that one shot being reposted a bunch (behind Mario looking up at the level). It's one of the levels that's been shown for months in previews and demos!

It was in the ghost area but that one wasn't a ghost house wasn't it? And there was nothing particularly special about the level that couldn't have been done with the regular art assets iirc. You're putting graphics over gameplay!

Hey man, I bet Jesus would play Octodad too.

...I think that was the only thing I saw on Best Buy's PS4 demo station that interested me.

Why was the left handedness beat out of my dad when he was a kid then? (I'm not even joking about that happening...and now I suddenly realize why he was so anal about right hand placement during prayer and communion).

I thought about that too. How ironic that they perceived left-handed people as the child of satan, when the Bible contradicts that. Remember, religion is man made.

No reason to escalate this in a 3d world thread.

Neiteio

I thought about that too. How ironic that they perceived left-handed people as the child of satan, when the Bible contradicts that. Remember, religion is man made.

No reason to escalate this in a 3d world thread.
So left-handed people are children of Satan... Link is (usually) left-handed... Link is (usually) blonde-haired and blue-eyed, like an Aryan... Link and Zelda are trying to acqire the Third Reich Triforce and defeat the Irish/Arab Jew Ganondorf... Nintendo is spreading occult Nazi propaganda confirmed? :O

So left-handed people are children of Satan... Link is (usually) left-handed... Link is (usually) blonde-haired and blue-eyed, like an Aryan... Link and Zelda are trying to acqire the Third Reich Triforce and defeat the Irish/Arab Jew Ganondorf... Nintendo is spreading occult Nazi propaganda confirmed? :O

Some guy at deviantART's gaming forum actually made a thread accusing Nintendo (and Japan in general) of being heavilyinfluenced by Nazis, because Link's blond:
http://forum.deviantart.com/entertainment/gaming/1909472/

I always thought it was odd that Link, the legendary hero of time, is depicted as an aryan; having blonde hair and blue eyes, traits that Hitler admired. Japan was united with Russia and Germany during WW2, so do you think Hitler's political incorrectness rubbed off onto Japan's society?

Please spam his userpage.

zroid

Banned
Not a damn thing shipped for me yet ;_;

No Mario, no Zelda, no Tearaway. If I don't get at least one of these games on Friday, am gonna throw the hissy fit of the decade.

Neiteio

OK, using ALL OF MY WILLPOWER to pull myself away from that stream. They just did a Captain Toad level that was exquisite. This game. THIS GAME!

Sponge

Banned
Not a damn thing shipped for me yet ;_;

No Mario, no Zelda, no Tearaway. If I don't get at least one of these games on Friday, am gonna throw the hissy fit of the decade.

Be thankful you're getting them. I'm working 10 hours a day 5 days a week and all my money is going towards bills and getting my Mother's car fixed. I can't even get a Wii U this Christmas.

Hopefully a friend of mine gets 3D World so I can at least play his copy.

spliced

Is there any specific word on post game content. How many worlds or how many levels, does it work like 3D Land?

That's the one thing I want to know.

Kard8p3

Is there any specific word on post game content. How many worlds or how many levels, does it work like 3D Land?

There are four post game worlds which go by the name of Star, Mushroom, Fireflower, and Crown.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

Final count of all content, including post game. Don't click if you don't want it spoiling.

380 green stars

85 stamps

92 golden flagpoles

4 post-game worlds (Star, Mushroom, Fire Flower and Crown) on top of the eight regular ones

1 extra playable character (Rosalina)

Of those 85 stamps, you can only collect 80 by actually finding them in the levels. The last five are earned by completing every level in the game with all five characters (including those dreaded Champion Road and Mystery House Marathon levels, fucking hell). You get a special sticker for every character you've completed all levels with. I don't think I'm going to collect the last four stickers, as I don't think I'll be arsed to complete the Mystery House Marathon with Luigi, Peach, Toad and Rosalina. Life's too short.

EDIT: Luckily, in every level, you only have to collect the green stars, sticker and flagpole top *once*, regardless of the character you're playing with. In other words, if you *are* going for those last few stickers, you can just speedrun the levels with the other characters.

spliced

There are four post game worlds which go by the name of Star, Mushroom, Fireflower, and Crown.

Thank you.
Should be awesome :)

Thanks Neiteio and Mannny also.

This is one spoilerish thing I like to know before hand so I know how much goodness I have left.

zroid

Banned
Be thankful you're getting them. I'm working 10 hours a day 5 days a week and all my money is going towards bills and getting my Mother's car fixed. I can't even get a Wii U this Christmas.

Hopefully a friend of mine gets 3D World so I can at least play his copy.

OTZ

My sympathies :(

TnK

This man(?) is onto something! Irish/Arab Jew LOL. I think I am ending everything bizzare the internet has to offer.

Neiteio

This man(?) is onto something! Irish/Arab Jew LOL. I think I am ending everything bizzare the internet has to offer.
lol, I obviously don't believe my own conspiracy theory, but I will say one thing: Nintendo definitely designed Ganondorf to look as "foreign" as possible, haha.

Exile20

I just watched 3 min of the stream. Fuck me that was awesome. The jazz was just wow then the over world music. Bravo Nintendo. I hope this gets soundtrack of the year.

Stoze

Yeah, the soundtrack is amazing. The only tracks that haven't wowed me are the generic ones they play for the mystery boxes and those lame koopa kid bosses.

Timeaisis

So I just went a played a little NSMBU for the hell of it. God damn, I forgot how floaty the controls were in that game. I felt like I needed to compensate for the crazy momentum Mario accumulates by running. Caused needless deaths a bunch of times. I miss the tighter 2D Mario controls of the likes of SMB3...ah well. Still a fun game, but yea.

But THIS...this well, it looks amazing and it's getting really tough for me to wait til Friday.

RagnarokX

Is it weird that the thing Im most hyped about are ghosts?!?!

and well playing multi with my kids

http://www.knex.com/Super-Mario/product.php?pc=38529

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYAuNmr49dY

C4kdt3h.jpg

afoni

Banned
I tuned into the stream a few minutes ago to see that the dude was in an obvious "the final boss is about to appear" type situation.

Bailed.

You guys are weak as shit.

Top Bottom