• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

monome

Tomorrow will be a good day. Sorry Microsoft you may have a new system coming out this week to watch TV, sports, and Calladuty but Nintendo actually has some good games coming out.

2DS + basic WiiU + Zelda + Mario have cost me less than a PS4...

zigg

Holy shit. Will call in a few minutes to see if they'll let my geeky Nintendo ass in the XBox Bro Zone.
Print out a bunch of these and hand them out to everyone in line.

BZdfdnUCcAAciIY.png

Dinjooh

Xenoblade is expensive and hard to find, not much to do about that, although I hear it'll be $40 this black friday at gamestop, need to check that. Also gaffers sell it from time to time in the buy/sell trade for $60 generally. Sadly, this game was limited print and gamestop exclusive.

SMG can be found for relatively cheap since it's part of the Nintendo selects series. (less than $20). SMG2 can be found for around $30 if you look around. Else, I don't think Animal Crossing wii is really worth it to be honest.

Hmm, The last Nintendo handheld i had was the original GameBoy, so i'm pretty sure Animal Crossing Wii is my only option. And yes I found SMG quite cheap, but the 2nd is expensive everywhere. Regarding Xenoblade, i'm in Denmark and i'm guessing shipping will be expensive...

Richardbro

Neo Member
Anyone else buying this game despite not owning a Wii U? lol I mean, I will own one at the end of the year, but I feel that I need to purchase and support this game right away.

Scoot2005

Banned
Got all excited when Amazon sent me my shipping information today. They're using LaserShip. Now I'm not excited. Now I'm worried. Fuck my life.

Alright, I'm set - gonna cash in my paltry lifetime powerup rewards points for ten bucks off at gamestop, buy a prepaid Wii U Store card and download this bad boy at midnight.

Laws00

This is going on sale in the wii u store at midnight?

damn

Wish there was a 24 hr walmart near me. I think the one in Lakewood,NJ is a 24 hour super center.

My moms 10% employee discount card and 10 dollar off from that fiasco . I'm looking to pay 44
bucks at the end of the day for this game. But damn I can't wait.

matthwq

Banned
Okay. So I just called my GameStop (Pittsburgh), and they're offering to sell me Mario and Zelda tonight during the XBone launch.

It almost feels like an actual midnight Nintendo game launch. Almost!!!!

judhudson

Anyone else buying this game despite not owning a Wii U? lol I mean, I will own one at the end of the year, but I feel that I need to purchase and support this game right away.

Actually, this thread here is why I'll be buying it. I got $30 credit for TRU so I'll be picking up the game tomorrow. I don't even have a WiiU yet. I had budgeted my money to pick one up on December 20th, but...I may just say screw that and get one this weekend :p

Got confirmation from Best Buy that my copy will be ready for tomorrow.

In fact, if you go to the order page on bestbuy.com, it says it's ready for pickup. What are the chances I could stop by tonight and get it? Would the register stop the transaction because it's not Friday yet?

Linkhero1

Aside from a few screenshots and gifs, I haven't seen any video of this game since I ate crow on that fateful day. I think I've done well in keeping myself from being spoiled too much of the game. Of course, I do know who the secret 5th character is. Who doesn't at this point?

Looked up 3D World on Mario Wiki. Now I'm very, very excited. Too bad I still have a huge backlog including several Mario games. I'll probably get this in 2015.

How many points is this game going for? I'm trying to figure out what prepaid card to buy so I can download this, but the price on the Wii U store says "TBD".

I figured as much. So I guess I'll be buying 3 $20 cards since, for some reason, $10 cards are only sold at target.

you can do that but you will want to set a zip code from a tax free State because you might still need a few cents added for tax otherwise

at least you should get $5 back from DDP

whew. had to contact amazon. my game would have arrived tuesday because of their system thinking my address wasn't valid. so they upgraded my thing to one day delivery and fixed the issue.

now i have to contact amazon again for Ys which is suppose to come tuesday LOL

Spiderduff

Got confirmation from Best Buy that my copy will be ready for tomorrow.

In fact, if you go to the order page on bestbuy.com, it says it's ready for pickup. What are the chances I could stop by tonight and get it? Would the register stop the transaction because it's not Friday yet?

This worked for me ONCE with MK9. I have tried again and failed multiple times.

There are a few obstacles you face when going early:

1. Does the REP know the release date? If so you are dead on arrival. If not let us proceed...

2. Is the game ready and placed in the pick up area? This is the big one where the people that know that it wont be out and pack the game for pick up dont place it for immediate pick up till Friday. They may place it in an area not known to the REPS that are assisting you. Worst case scenario, the REP helping you will look for it, call someone in the back to search for a copy since you are there to pick it up and then is advised you will have to wait since it is not officially out yet.

3.Then they do a price check to make sure you have the right item.

That is my experience with Best Buy local pick up. I got the email too for a Zelda, but have failed in the past more than not to attempt again. Hope it helps!

This worked for me ONCE with MK9. I have tried again and failed multiple times.

There are a few obstacles you face when going early:

1. Does the REP know the release date? If so you are dead on arrival. If not let us proceed...

2. Is the game ready and placed in the pick up area? This is the big one where the people that know that it wont be out and pack the game for pick up dont place it for immediate pick up till Friday. They may place it in an area not known to the REPS that are assisting you. Worst case scenario, the REP helping you will look for it, call someone in the back to search for a copy since you are there to pick it up and then is advised you will have to wait since it is not officially out yet.

3.Then they do a price check to make sure you have the right item.

That is my experience with Best Buy local pick up. I got the email too for a Zelda, but have failed in the past more than not to attempt again. Hope it helps!

Thanks, I guess I can hold out for one more day.

whew. had to contact amazon. my game would have arrived tuesday because of their system thinking my address wasn't valid. so they upgraded my thing to one day delivery and fixed the issue.

now i have to contact amazon again for Ys which is suppose to come tuesday LOL

Yeah, if you werent paying attention you wont be getting this game tomorrow or this weekend. They being really dirty about that. I'm curious as to what the shipment allocation is for 3D World and ALBW considering they had to delay several orders to next week.

Yeah, if you werent paying attention you wont be getting this game tomorrow or this weekend. They being really dirty about that. I'm curious as to what the shipment allocation is for 3D World and ALBW considering they had to delay several orders to next week.

Oh. didn't know. if i had known i would have just did in store. but i got it sorted.

EDIT: looks like amazon CS gave me one day shipping and charged me $3.99 without telling that an extra cost would happen.

EDIT2: they gave me a $4.00 promo since it was already charged.

Top Bottom