• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
please mark your spoilers, just posting them like this is pretty useless

Yes Boss!

You're forgetting my all-time favourite Metroid game

Metroid-Prime-Pinball.jpg

(but I guess you could extremely loosely tie this in with the prime games)

This game is so, so good.

Definitely going to buy this digitally on midnight.

Let's see how many hours of sleep I get.

You and I are in the same boat. I'm preparing myself to be free for the better part of this weekend to be able to play this.

I never narrowed down whether Nintendo releases their digital software simultaneously across the US, if it uses your system's clock to determine when the software becomes available for you, or if they have a server clock in the various timezones. Which is it? I want to know precisely when I can download the game, being in the US Central time zone.

Also, I still love the Super Mario 3D World website. For example, there's two different cat puns on this page alone:http://supermario3dworld.nintendo.com/#power-ups (Also I like the title "Kitty Chaos")

zroid

Banned
You and I are in the same boat. I'm preparing myself to be free for the better part of this weekend to be able to play this.

I never narrowed down whether Nintendo releases their digital software simultaneously across the US, if it uses your system's clock to determine when the software becomes available for you, or if they have a server clock in the various timezones. Which is it? I want to know precisely when I can download the game, being in the US Central time zone.

Midnight releases in NA always follow Eastern time. Hawaiians in particular are damn lucky. :p

Andrew.

Banned
For those already playing, are you able to switch up characters between levels?

The reason I ask is because Ive read a couple reviews that mention certain buttons or panels that can only be activated by a specific character to reach its secret. So let's say I finish 1-3 with Mario and there was a switch in there that only Toad could activate. Could I switch to Toad on the World map screen and then jump back into 1-3 to get that secret?

For those already playing, are you able to switch up characters between levels?

The reason I ask is because Ive read a couple reviews that mention certain buttons or panels that can only be activated by a specific character to reach its secret. So let's say I finish 1-3 with Mario and there was a switch in there that only Toad could activate. Could I switch to Toad on the World map screen and then jump back into 1-3 to get that secret?

From what I've read, yes, every level you can choose a new character.

In multiplayer you can set it to 'random every level' too, so if there ends up being a 'most prefered character' people can't always grab them.

maxcriden

Gamestop told me I could pick up Mario 3DW at the Xbone midnight launch tonight. I am not buying an Xbone. Too late for me. tomorrow is OK.

Ditto. They even referred to it as the "midnight launch" for Mario and Zelda, as if they would have a midnight launch for Nintendo games. If only! Anyway, like you that's past my bedtime, so I plan to go in tomorrow morning.

alejo0121

You know, for a lot of the "can it top Galaxy (2)" posts, I always wonder if in general the gaming public can ever be happy with a game that's has it's own indivudual strengths. Not just this game, but other games in long running series as well. I'm no different, but sometimes I take a step back and ask myself why I just did that and don't appreciate titles on their own qualities.

This!

I think this way, and maybe I am one of the few that love all Zeldas for what they are. I really don't expect a game to be better than another or to expand on what other did. I just want them to be fun and don't get me bored. I still have favourites but I don't "hate" or "dislike" a game compared to another, I dislike a game because I got bored and dropped it halfway.

Seik

Banned
Fuck FutureShop...maaaan.

I got my copies of Xilia and TLoU a day early, but 3D World\Zelda aren't even shipped yet and both launch are tomorrow. I guess I'll have my package monday or tuesday...I'm salty as fuck. :(

You know, for a lot of the "can it top Galaxy (2)" posts, I always wonder if in general the gaming public can ever be happy with a game that's has it's own indivudual strengths. Not just this game, but other games in long running series as well. I'm no different, but sometimes I take a step back and ask myself why I just did that and don't appreciate titles on their own qualities.

because jaded cynicism and something that smells a lot like entitlement is the name of the game. as Louis CK put it everything is amazing and nobody is happy. When it comes to gaming that kind of attitude shines through like a thousand fucking suns.

Andrew.

Banned
because jaded cynicism and something that smells a lot like entitlement is the name of the game. as Louis CK put it everything is amazing and nobody is happy. When it comes to gaming that kind of attitude shines through like a thousand fucking suns.

"3D World doesnt suck. It isn't shit. It's your life that is shit, outside of 3D World."

-Louis CK

Yes Boss!

Fuck FutureShop...maaaan.

I got my copies of Xilia and TLoU a day early, but 3D World\Zelda aren't even shipped yet and both launch are tomorrow. I guess I'll have my package monday or tuesday...I'm salty as fuck. :(

It will be water under the bridge once you have the games though!

balohna

The small file size really is amazing. If I were to guess I'd say it's due to simple textures that are used repeatedly in inventive ways, and recoloured or otherwise modified in the code rather than with a new image. Economical practices that really make sense considering the art style.

Huh. On my Amazon order page it says they haven't shipped, but when I go to report a problem about an order it says both Mario and Zelda shipped. I'm confused/pleasantly surprised right now. I just hope they arrive tomorrow..

roknin

...screw it.

Downloading tonight. Just going to move the couple bucks I had reserved on it at GS to something else.

Third full retail game I'll have downloaded in Ninty's ecosystem (Etrian Odyssey IV, MH3U on 3DS). Not that I'm worried or anything... I just like having my boxes. :-(

KHlover

Banned
...screw it.

Downloading tonight. Just going to move the couple bucks I had reserved on it at GS to something else.

Third full retail game I'll have downloaded in Ninty's ecosystem (Etrian Odyssey IV, MH3U on 3DS). Not that I'm worried or anything... I just like having my boxes. :-(

Heh, 13 minutes to go before I can start my A Link between Worlds download. I hope the game will last me until 3D World is available in Europe :D

So very tempted to download now considering the file size. I put a $5 preorder down but will probably just shift that to something else down the road. Not having to stand in line with the Xbone customers tomorrow is sounding pretty good right now.

Has anyone else done a midnight download for a Wii U title before? I know this is far and away the biggest release they've done so far so past experiences probably wouldn't give too accurate a representation of what to expect. Just hoping their servers aren't hammered and I'm staring red eyed and zombie faced at 3-4 in the AM waiting for it to finish.

roknin

Heh, 13 minutes to go before I can start my A Link between Worlds download. I hope the game will last me until 3D World is available in Europe :D

Maaaaaan if funds weren't so tight, I would absolutely have this one in queue, too!

Nintendo really trying to murder my wallet in one day D:

Next Friday will be the first Black Friday in a long time where I will actually actively be looking to buy stuff (ALBW and W101 at the top of the list)...

Edit: oh right, you guys get it later... hopefully ALBW eases the wait - that game looks fantastic too ^_^

Top Bottom