• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

I'm trying to decide if I want to download this tonight at midnight or buy a physical copy at Best Buy. Questions:

1. Will it be released at midnight EST?

2. Has anyone experienced slower than usual download speeds with midnight digital releases on the Wii U?

Scoot2005

Banned
Is anyone else getting their amazon preorder shipped by lasership? It says my order will arrive tomorrow. After looking this company up.... I doubt that. ALBW is coming with it also as well.

Edit - LaserShip isn't providing any tracking info either. The number amazon gave me is invalid apparently. I'm scared GAF.

Timeaisis

Is anyone else getting their amazon preorder shipped by lasership? It says my order will arrive tomorrow. After looking this company up.... I doubt that. ALBW is coming with it also as well.

Edit - LaserShip isn't providing any tracking info either. The number amazon gave me is invalid apparently. I'm scared GAF.

Oh god, LaserShip. Oh god.

I remember buying ME3 and getting it shipped via them. After looking up reviews I was completely scared I would get it late or it would get lost. Luckily, that didn't happen and it arrived on time and fine, but I've heard terrible things about them from others.

What state and area of the state are you in? The good experience I've had with them was while I was living in Florida.

Neiteio

I just booked a cruise to Japan to rub testicles on Koizumi's face.

Revengeance.
A cruise?

489649415-southpark_nice.png

Scoot2005

Banned
Oh god, LaserShip. Oh god.

I remember buying ME3 and getting it shipped via them. After looking up reviews I was completely scared I would get it late or it would get lost. Luckily, that didn't happen and it arrived on time and fine, but I've heard terrible things about them from others.

What state and area of the state are you in? The good experience I've had with them was while I was living in Florida.

I live in southwest Ohio.... HYPERVENTILATING NOW.

Timeaisis

I live in southwest Ohio.... HYPERVENTILATING NOW.

Well, you know how online reviews work. People only rate them if they have a bad experience with them. So chances are, you'll be fine. I don't remember if I got a tracking number or not (I don't think I did)...but if I remember correctly, the post office ships it, and LaserShip gets it to your house, if that makes sense.

So it should get to your area of Ohio, LaserShip just is the "final stretch" if you know what I mean. I don't think you should worry just yet. Has Amazon said it's shipped already and giving you an estimated date?

Scoot2005

Banned
Well, you know how online reviews work. People only rate them if they have a bad experience with them. So chances are, you'll be fine. I don't remember if I got a tracking number or not (I don't think I did)...but if I remember correctly, the post office ships it, and LaserShip gets it to your house, if that makes sense.

So it should get to your area of Ohio, LaserShip just is the "final stretch" if you know what I mean. I don't think you should worry just yet. Has Amazon said it's shipped already and giving you an estimated date?

Yes. Delivery date is tomorrow.

Downhome

Do any of you know exactly how far into the game you are cat Mario (or whoever you are using) and you're chaisng a bunch of rabbits around?

Scoot2005

Banned
Well, if it is scheduled for tomorrow, it should be OK. I think it doesn't has tracking because it's shipped through USPS to LaserShip who then drives it to you.

I think you should be OK.

I live right next to the post office. What's the point of using them lol?

Timeaisis

I live right next to the post office. What's the point of using them lol?

Hell if I know. I don't know if that's the way it's actually done. I just know in my experience they pull up in like an unmarked van and drop off your package, which led me to believe that that they just pick stuff up from the post office...and the fact that after some research they claim to be "Last Mile Delivery". I have no idea why the hell they do that, but it's not something you can choose on Amazon, it's just automatic.

If all goes according to plan, I will possibly have this at midnight.

Are you going to Gamestop at midnight or downloading on the e-shop? I honestly haven't decided yet because I don't have SM3DW pre-ordered like I do for ALBW. Decisions, decisions.

Andrew.

Banned
Oh god, LaserShip. Oh god. The good experience I've had with them was while I was living in Florida.

Im in Florida too and Ive recently had to deal with LaserShip a few times. The only thing that bugs me about them is that they deliver to me at the ass end of the day.

RE lover

guys have you listened to the ghost theme yet? it's the best ghost theme EVER in the mario franchise

those violins! soo beautiful!

Linkhero1

I debated picking it up then, but I really dont feel like standing around a bunch of X Bros.

Tomorrow it is. The painful wait will reside and continue.
Only reason I'm going to pick it up at night is to stand next to a bunch of X Bros. I want to walk out of Gamestop and hold Mario and Zelda up in the air.
Are you going to Gamestop at midnight or downloading on the e-shop? I honestly haven't decided yet because I don't have SM3DW pre-ordered like I do for ALBW. Decisions, decisions.
I'm going to pick it up at Gamestop. Going all physical except for indy games which I can't get physically :p

Contemplating going home from work, sleeping until 1am, (I'm an hour ahead of the East coast) then downloading and playing all night through to the morning.

I'm gonna grab it tonight, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow so that my first playthrough is with all my friends. We're definitely going to beat this game in one night, aww yiss.

Conezays

Sorry if it's been mentioned earlier in the thread but is it confirmed for Eshop Midnight Eastern/9PM pacific release tonight?

...I hope Zelda also has the same midnight/9PM Eshop release.

Neiteio

I'm not sure how I feel about Mother Brain being the final boss. I mean crossovers are cool and everything, but... Uh... How about a proper Metroid game first??

zroid

Banned
Found out my local Best Buy store will apparently be doing a midnight opening for Xbone so I'm tempted to pick up Mario tonight. In theory I could be playing this even before the eShoppers, since they have to wait for it to download. :3

Found out my local Best Buy store will apparently be doing a midnight opening for Xbone so I'm tempted to pick up Mario tonight. In theory I could be playing this even before the eShoppers, since they have to wait for it to download. :3

1.7 Gigs. Drive fast!

Though it might take a bit longer since I have to download it over Wifi.

Top Bottom