• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

TnK

This stage is really really good.
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01w1euk.jpg

What I like about this game is that the difficulty picks up from world 3 onwards.

So very tempted to download now considering the file size. I put a $5 preorder down but will probably just shift that to something else down the road. Not having to stand in line with the Xbone customers tomorrow is sounding pretty good right now.

Has anyone else done a midnight download for a Wii U title before? I know this is far and away the biggest release they've done so far so past experiences probably wouldn't give too accurate a representation of what to expect. Just hoping their servers aren't hammered and I'm staring red eyed and zombie faced at 3-4 in the AM waiting for it to finish.

Haven't done a midnight download before but I downloaded Windwaker HD on release day and it wasn't a problem. It took me about 15-20 minutes to download but it depends on the speed of your internet connection. Just don't look at the "estimated time", it's not appropriate for the most part.

Timeaisis

In there eagerness to write a nintendoom article, this journalist may have jumped the gun a bit: http://games.yahoo.com/news/wii-u-looks-dead-console-walking-165029927.html

But seriously, are facts no longer a requisite for these kinds of articles? Do they just pick whatever comes to mind and throw it together till it sort of makes sense? At least the mario picture they picked is pretty good.

What in god's name is this article about? NSMBU came out a year ago. I'm so confused.

Nudull

Banned
Not sure if I want to deal with the Xbox crowd at midnight to pick this game up. I won't be able to play it until I actually get a Wii U (next month, most likely), but I would like to at least get my Club Nintendo code in early.

maxcriden

Sorry if it was old news. I just noticed it today and assumed it was new. I love the retro art.

Yeah, it's amazing! Someone linked to an eBay preorder auction and it was going for $60 with some time still remaining. I'm hoping it goes down in price significantly in a few months or so, I really want it!

Haven't done a midnight download before but I downloaded Windwaker HD on release day and it wasn't a problem. It took me about 15-20 minutes to download but it depends on the speed of your internet connection. Just don't look at the "estimated time", it's not appropriate for the most part.

Yeah it might take a bit longer for me as I'm using the wifi. Was genuinely surprised when I pulled my Wii U out of its box the other day to find no ethernet port. Wii original I could understand, but the new one? Really Nintendo? Saw I have to buy a USB ethernet adapter from them if I want a direct connection. Granted it's not a huge deal as online gaming isn't the focus of it, but it'd be nice to have faster downloads without an additional purchase. The Zombi U demo took me around 30-45 minutes to finish the other day, and I believe that's around 1 GB, so I'm guessing Mario will probably take me around an hour and a half to finish. Hoping not.

Was also surprised the wifi didn't seem nearly as sharp as my PS3's which is in another room further away from my router. Netflix app on Wii U seemed to struggle maintaining higher quality streaming.

Anyone know what time this becomes available to download tonight? I'm hoping it's 12:00est but that never usually seems to be the case, but a dude can hope lol

kunonabi

man, I have to wait till Sunday to pick my copy since I'm going to make use of the Toys r us deal. I'll also only get a couple of hours with it since I'm going to be traveling for the next week. Oh well at least I'll have Zelda.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

russtc3

Neo Member
I wonder how much different Nintendo's situation would have been had Nintendo launched the Wii U at $299 with Super Mario 3D World as a launch title ala Mario 64 during the Nintendo 64 launch (and maybe we'd be talking about Mario Kart U or Smash Bros. U for 2013 instead of this game).

Oh well. It's here now and that's what matters most right?

Andrew.

Banned
I wonder how much different the situation would have been had Nintendo launched the Wii U at $299 with Super Mario 3D World as a launch title ala Mario 64 during the Nintendo 64 launch.

Oh well. It's here now and that's what matters most right?

I think if it launched that way along with a sizeable marketing campaign where everywhere you looked it was Wii U ads that really differentiated it from the previous system, then yeah things would probably be a hell of a lot different at this point.

There mightve still been the game drought, but they probably wouldve at least nabbed a bunch more system sales at launch.

Just paid for the game and got my token for midnight pickup. Thankfully they have separate lines for Mario/Zelda and the XboX.

4.5 hours to go.

Exile20

Waiting a year netted me a 50 dollar price cut plus free copies of NSMBU and New Luigi U. I feel blessed. Save your pity. =)

man, I have to wait till Sunday to pick my copy since I'm going to make use of the Toys r us deal. I'll also only get a couple of hours with it since I'm going to be traveling for the next week. Oh well at least I'll have Zelda.

What TRU deal?

Feindflug

sogood.gif

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzRMoc18UJ7VdtW

[IMG]https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzRMov1MeY560Ec

[IMG]https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzRMozxEYL5ZTcb[/QUOTE]

It looks simply amazing...the colors and the lighting are beautiful plus the IQ looks great and all that at freakin' 60fps.

Next friday will be a glorious day! ^_^

Bullza2o

Amazon still stuck on Shipping Soon for this game and Zelda, but delivery still is tomorrow, and should be because of release-date delivery. But it's getting late now...

In there eagerness to write a nintendoom article, this journalist may have jumped the gun a bit: http://games.yahoo.com/news/wii-u-looks-dead-console-walking-165029927.html

But seriously, are facts no longer a requisite for these kinds of articles? Do they just pick whatever comes to mind and throw it together till it sort of makes sense? At least the mario picture they picked is pretty good.

What was the bs this article was trying to sell?

Link no longer working.
I guess someone over there came to their senses.

Andrew.

Banned
Is there a throwback level?

Man you guys ALWAYS reach brutal levels of wanting to be spoiled.

I mean everyone here bitches out the ass about spoiler sensitivity and yet as soon as some premature owner gets his/her hands on a copy its like: "Holy shit dude! Does it have this, does it have that, whats this like, whats that like? But dude, no spoilers. Seriously. But tell me everything about it."

I find it funny personally =D

And I say it in total jest.

In case you're like me and give zero fucks about spoilers in a Mario game, USGamer put a green star guide to all the levels, including the post-game ones. I was more curious with just how many levels there was, and how much of the post-game stuff is brand new content and recycled/remixed levels.

In case you're like me and give zero fucks about spoilers in a Mario game, USGamer put a green star guide to all the levels, including the post-game ones. I was more curious with just how many levels there was, and how much of the post-game stuff is brand new content and recycled/remixed levels.

What was the answer to that? I heard the Star world is totally original but then after that there are some remixes? I don't want to read the star guide.

Top Bottom