• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

Rambaldi

Someone may have already addressed this but my local Best Buy is doing a midnight for xbone tonight. I have both Mario and Zelda preordered there and was wanting to pick them up but I don't know how strict they are with that kind of stuff. I've tried calling but can't get through so does anyone have experience with that?

Mr. Helios

Neo Member
I've had several things I've ordered that have said that, but the shipping info had actually not updated properly..and then the game arrived on my doorstep right on time.

Mine is stuck on "shipping now" also. I'm not convinced I'll have it tomorrow because I was supposed to receive NBA2k14 today, and didn't.

The Goat

Man, I swore I wouldn't buy a Wii U until Mario Kart, but this is becoming so tempting. I know this is better than any offering on PS4 / XB1 atm, but my money has already been spent on those. Damn you Nintendo and your timing!

Wii U has by far the best line up of any next gen console. Not even debatable. Question is how long will it keep that lead. I'm guessing about a year and a half.

I dunno about that. It's going to be hard topping Wii U's 2014, especially since PS4 and Xbox One are going to (very likely) suffer a post launch drought for much of the year. I think it will be fall of 2015 at the earliest before Wii U can be dethroned.

My eShop account is fully-loaded and ready to buy when it's up in the store. The other bright side is that I'm at that magical cusp of DDP points where a $60 purchase gets me 2 $5 rebates. I'm just...so...happy.

Hoarr

Neo Member
GAF, I need your help.

My GamePad touchscreen is completely unresponsive. It worked fine earlier while The Girl played Pikmin, but it's just not working after I turn it on. Re-synching causes the touchscreen to respond kind of (hitting the screen causes it to scroll through profiles) but the only way I can log in is with a WiiMote...

Please tell me there's a way to fix this before Mario hits the eShop. I'm leaving it on for now to kill the battery and hoping a full recharge will fix this glitch, but only time will tell if this thing is truly F'd.

:(

OryoN

Hopefully I'll be playing Mario 3D World in mere hours. I have a feeling the servers will be slow, so maybe I can muster up some patience to do it this weekend. We'll see.

How big is the digital version expected to be again? I forgot but recall it being surprisingly small. Under 3 GB or something?
I may have to make some space for it. No big deal, since there are a few demos that I can delete.

Hopefully I'll be playing Mario 3D World in mere hours. I have a feeling the servers will be slow, so maybe I can muster up some patience to do it this weekend. We'll see.

How big is the digital version expected to be again? I forgot but recall it being surprisingly small. Under 3 GB or something?
I may have to make some space for it. No big deal, since there are a few demos that I can delete.

1702MB is the size of the game i wouldnt worry too much about the servers being hammered nintendo has gotten much better with there midnight releases.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
My eShop account is fully-loaded and ready to buy when it's up in the store. The other bright side is that I'm at that magical cusp of DDP points where a $60 purchase gets me 2 $5 rebates. I'm just...so...happy.

I'm not on the DDP but I'll tell you my account is loaded and ready to ROCK. The second it hits 11:55 I'm turning on my Wii U and getting my sweet ass onto the eShop!

Can you pre-purchase this on the eshop so it'll start downloading automagically at 12:00 EST? Or just pre-pay on eshop in general for that matter.

Closest thing is putting it on your wishlist but that doesn't really do a whole hell of a lot. Best thing to do is make a pot of coffee and go straight on 'till morning.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
What about tax omg.

I was scared about that, too, but I don't think my state charges sales tax on e-goods yet. Also, I already payed taxes on SOME of it because the first $20 was via an eShop card.

I'm gonna be fucking PISSED if they pull that ol' tax shit :[

nikos

Meeting some Craigslist dude at 11pm for a $220 brand new Wii U. Hoping I can go to the 24 hour Best Buy at midnight and pick this up.

Between this, Pikmin 3 and Wpnderful 101, there are more reasons to invest in a Wii U than a PS4 at this point. At least for me.

Fine, I'll convince you.

snip

Have I done it or should I continue?

Maybe I'm just being irrational and curmudgeonly and set in my ways, but I absolutely hate playing games with the Gamepad and Wiimote. Even though many of the Wii U games I'm interested in support the Pro Controller, something about having to buy this big dumb screen controller that I'll never really want to use makes me crazy.

Insaniac

Maybe I'm just being irrational and curmudgeonly and set in my ways, but I absolutely hate playing games with the Gamepad and Wiimote. Even though many of the Wii U games I'm interested in support the Pro Controller, something about having to buy this big dumb screen controller that I'll never really want to use makes me crazy.

you ARE being irrational. 300 hours I've put into MH3U and I've only used the gamepad.

Dukey

Banned
Wii U has by far the best line up of any next gen console. Not even debatable. Question is how long will it keep that lead. I'm guessing about a year and a half.

If third parties continue to ignore the Wii U, I'm guessing 3- 6 months.

You're not alone. I hate the gamepad, but I don't feel like spending 40+ bucks on a new controller that isn't supported by a lot of games.

He's sucking it up. These levels are as simple as they were in Galaxy and Land. Hopefully the levels get better further into the game. This disappearing block one and the sunset beach one just didn't do it for me. Really bland.

mr.beers

11pm(CT) can't come soon enough. Due to the weather I can't be venturing out tonight to get Mario or Zelda, sadly. Been buying my 3ds games on the eshop so may as well get them on the wiiU too.

My boyfriend is going to buy a WiiU right now.....I thought I'd only be playing Zelda this weekend...instead we can both run around in a new Mario......I'm happy :)

I really want to buy the physical version... So I have to wait until tomorrow morning.... Unbearable.

Hype has reached the "I can't concentrate" levels.

OryoN

1702MB is the size of the game i wouldnt worry too much about the servers being hammered nintendo has gotten much better with there midnight releases.

Thanks! It's true the download experience improved a lot, but idk, this is Mario we're talking about. Perhaps the biggest traffic since launch day updates. I guess this should be a good test of how will they improved.

Vicros

Going to get this and zelda as soon as I get off work. By all accounts they both turned out great.

Midnight releases are a pain around here. Walmart is the only place to buy games, so that means I have to hunt someone down and get them to dig through freight and hopefully find the games I'm looking for. Sometimes it's as long as three or four days before it ends up on the shelf otherwise.

I'm determined though. I'll go digging myself if I need to. And I'm only half joking.

I'll be picking up my Zelda 3DS XL bundle, A Link Between Worlds (I'm giving the digital copy included with the bundle to my girlfriend), and Super Mario 3D World in about an hour and a half. So much hype right now. If I didn't have class tomorrow morning I'd probably just stay up and play all night.

antonz

Feel much better now. Amazon finally updated my status with tracking for arriving tomorrow. Sat at preparing for shipping all day started to worry but I have 2 Amazon Warehouses in my city so makes sense they can wait so late

Shinta

Banned
I'll be picking up my Zelda 3DS XL bundle, A Link Between Worlds (I'm giving the digital copy included with the bundle to my girlfriend), and Super Mario 3D World in about an hour and a half. So much hype right now. If I didn't have class tomorrow morning I'd probably just stay up and play all night.

Me too. Bought the girlfriend a Zelda 3DS bundle. Zelda and Mario physical for me.

I might shop around for a cheap copy of Zombi U while I wait ...

If Tearaway was cheaper, I'd get it tonight.

Me too. Bought the girlfriend a Zelda 3DS bundle. Zelda and Mario physical for me.

I might shop around for a cheap copy of Zombi U while I wait ...

If Tearaway was cheaper, I'd get it tonight.

My girlfriend got the Animal Crossing 3DS XL, so she's getting used to the idea of having her entire game library on her at all times. I, on the other hand, still need that physical copy sitting on my shelf.

I feel the same way about Tearaway, as well. It's pretty much the only Vita game I've been excited about all year, but the price just seems too steep for what is supposed to be a 5-6 hour game. I feel like I can also wait for the inevitable price drop/Playstation Plyus sale.

Top Bottom