• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

My attempt to NOT buy this game for now, lasted one whole day. I'm proud of myself. Lasted one day!

I'm having similar results with my "I don't need a PS4/iPad Air right now" projects. I'm finding that I do, in fact, need both to survive.

Why do things have to cost money? WTF?

My other mind-shattering issue at the moment is that I CANNOT decide whether to play this or ALBW first this morning.
#firstworldprobz

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
So far it's exactly what I hoped it would be: the equivalent jump from NSMB DS to NSMB U.

I also think Nintendo's kinda screwed themselves - not only is it nice to have multiple characters with different traits. Having Peach in the party is a lot of fun and makes it seem like the whole gang goes on adventures. If they return Peach to being a kidnapping object again, there will be blood.

The ghost house music is fucking godlike.

This is the truth. All the music in the game is A+ but I first heard the ghost house theme from another room when someone else was playing. Had to come straight in to hear it better, it's that good.

THISSSSSS FUCKING GAMEEEEEEE *.*

Played Worlds 1 and 2 with three people last night and played some levels on my own this morning. This game is so good that I never want it to end.

jmls1121

Banned
During the first two worlds, I was kind of meh....it felt too similar to 3D Land. But then things really picked up in World 3.

Now I am on world 5, and things are Galaxy-level God Tier.

That music in the disco beat block stage. HOLY SHIT.

Downhome

Ok, I found the easiest way to get 1UPs ever. In the area below, that's where you do it. I know that area has been mentioned, there are multiple places to do it, but right there is the best and easiest. Get a turtle shell, stand far away to the right of the clear pipe at the top of the picture (it's behind my coin total). Hold the turtle shell then jump and let it go to the right. You need to jump or it'll fall into the hole going back and forth and it'll go low enough so it gets sucked in the clear pipe between. Jumping, it stays up higher. Once you do that just go jump on the shell that is bouncing back and forth in that very tight space and you can put your controller down. You may need to do it twice because you'll more than likely run out of time before you max out your lives.

P9rjnI9.jpg

Don't read this if you don't want to be spoiled, obviously.

Why do you keep saying there's only
3 post game worlds when someone who unlocked everything earlier this week said there's 4?

there's
3 worlds, and then like...1 super-hard platformer stage at the end, along with two side activities with toad and the mystery house. Not much of a world there, perhaps it just slipped his mind

EloquentM

aka Mannny
there's
3 worlds, and then like...1 super-hard platformer stage at the end, along with two side activities with toad and the mystery house. Not much of a world there, perhaps it just slipped his mind
Ahh thanks for the clarification. Haha I'm disappointed now. Btw you got a ps4 right? Shoot me a PM of your ID please =}

olimpia84

Loving the heck out of this game, so beautiful.
So far I've been playing with Mario only. Does the game keep track of what level you've beaten with what characters? I noticed all the levels I beat have the Mario flag.

JakeD

Is there a trick to getting cleaner screenshots like I think some people posted? I disabled Miiverse and was uploading directly through the web browser, which produces this:[/img]

I'm curious if the Miiverse method is cleaner, or if they're identical.

how do you upload directly through the browser?

So how does this game control if someone has just Wiimote? I currently don't own any WiiU Pro Controllers just wii motes/nunchucks and 2 classic controllers for wii. Worried that my friends controls won't be as good if I don't have 3 more pro controllers

TheChits

I played through the entire main game in one sitting with my friends. This game is incredible with a group of people. About to give it a whirl by myself

Guesong

So how does this game control if someone has just Wiimote? I currently don't own any WiiU Pro Controllers just wii motes/nunchucks and 2 classic controllers for wii. Worried that my friends controls won't be as good if I don't have 3 more pro controllers

This is anecdotal at best, but my girlfriend was doing just fine with the WiiMote (since that's what she used for NSMB)...but then we got to 2-1, where there's some tight walking to be done on diagonal platforms.

And she almost ragequit because she said she couldn't control anything diagonal properly.

rugioh

Banned
Need some help guys.

How do I play multiplayer using the Wii U tablet and a Wiimote+Nunchuck for the 2nd player? When I try to pair the wiimote to the console in the home menu it stays stuck on first player, and there doesn't seem to be a way to move the tablet to 2nd player either... It would be a bummer if I had to go and buy another controller just for multiplayer on this thing.

Guesong

Need some help guys.

How do I play multiplayer using the Wii U tablet and a Wiimote+Nunchuck for the 2nd player? When I try to pair the wiimote to the console in the home menu it stays stuck on first player, and there doesn't seem to be a way to move the tablet to 2nd player either... It would be a bummer if I had to go and buy another controller just for multiplayer on this thing.

Forget about home pairing, just head in game and it'll pair appropriately for everyone.

This is anecdotal at best, but my girlfriend was doing just fine with the WiiMote (since that's what she used for NSMB)...but then we got to 2-1, where there's some tight walking to be done on diagonal platforms.

And she almost ragequit because she said she couldn't control anything diagonal properly.

Use those nunchucks!

Everyone's using nunchucks got it lol

Does the Wii Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro work with this or just the WiiU pro controller?

edit: Saw someone said it works, sweet

Okay, I think I found my favorite stage: Level 5-4, Sprawling Savannah.

To start off with, the lighting is just drop-dead wondrous. The evening setting of the sun absolutely makes the atmosphere of the level.

What makes this level so distinctive, though – and I haven't seen this in a 3D Mario game before – was the huge field where the lighting really shows its strength, and where the gameplay of 3D World shines through. Because it's so big, you're constantly sprinting, and if you have your cat power-up, you're smiling from ear to ear as your character races across the area in search of secrets. The music is perfect and seems to encourage exploration: There's simply so much to do! In fact, there's so much to do that you're likely to run out of time. (I have a faint hope that Nintendo will patch the timer away). But there's a checkpoint in the field, so you can do it all over again with more than enough time.

But yeah. I'm in World 5, and if I had to pick a level that exemplifies 3D World, as well as its differences from Galaxy, this would be it.

Top Bottom