• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

zigg

I actually liked the second part of that video more than the first :lol

Wall-jumping up the side of a giant coin! That's sweet!

EDIT: Count me in on the idea that this is
just one galaxy

Mael

zigg said:

just one galaxy

ok it's official I'm outa here, even the tidbits I glean here is already an overload of awesome, I swear you will NOT make me import that game!

zigg said:

just one galaxy

I don't get why the
coin
was not collected or disappeared when touched

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Smiles and Cries said:
I don't get why the
coin
was not collected or disappeared when touched
where would he put it?

Davey Cakes

Haha. Fools. There's no way you're going to get me to watch ANY more videos, regardless of your glowing reactions. Self-control is my co-pilot!

I'm on a media blackout and I'm proud of it. :D

Lenardo

Banned
this is what ars-technica has to say about the game- in a preview no less- emphasis mine

It's not that this is an astounding game (although, so far, it is), it's that Nintendo makes it all look so easy. It feels like a middle finger to every other company that ever tried to create a platforming game. Not only is this how it's done, but this is how you do it brilliantly without giving a hint that you're breaking a sweat.

i will have this game, yes i will

-KRS-

God I couldn't keep myself from looking with all the people in here going nuts.

Let's just say this was my expression when I saw the video:
photo19.jpg

rhino4evr

Rash said:
Haha. Fools. There's no way you're going to get me to watch ANY more videos, regardless of your glowing reactions. Self-control is my co-pilot!

I'm on a media blackout and I'm proud of it. :D

If you are sensitive to level spoilers I would definitely hold out, it will be a very nice surprise for you.

It just makes me wonder what else is in store...I think I am going to go on a media blackout from this point forward.

bounchfx

holy fuck I gotta stop reading about stuff. I'm surprised every time I see a video of this game.. there's too much goodness. this is going to be one of the greatest games ever.

Azure J

GAF, why must you consistently challenge my self control? :lol

I am holding strong with no knowledge of anything after Transmission 9 and intending to keep it that way until whenever I get the game in my hands. (Hopefully it'll be on release. The internet will get the better of me if I don't have it by then.)

CassSept

I've just read ars-technica's preview and... I can't believe. Pretty much everyone calls it the perfection of the genre, a game that couldn't be any better (sans GI, but screw them, 9.25 is still a great score). I am hyped unlike I've ever been for any game. 23+ ~5 postage = 28th May cannot come soon enough!

TreIII

Kard8p3 said:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/interview/sb4j/vol2/index.html

Even though it's in japanese here is the second part of the Iwata asks for this game. There are little video clips spread throughout if you wish to view them. I must warn you though that the last video on the last page is something I would call a fairly huge spoiler (yet amazing) so don't watch if you don't want to be spoiled.

2vj8pld.gif

Time for this to start being made part of the GAF consciousness! :lol

Azure J

TreIII said:
http://i39.tinypic.com/2vj8pld.gif

Time for this to start being made part of the GAF consciousness! :lol

HELL YES. :lol

Tangent: Fuck, I missed almost all of that last night. :(

syllogism

Koodo said:
OMG. Well, that's definitely not the post-120 reward, but holy shit. I wish I hadn't gotten that spoiled. :lol
What exactly was "spoiled"? It's just like the dozen other SMG2 videos you've likely seen, except this one doesn't even show much. This thread is embarrassing even by gaf standards

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
syllogism said:
What exactly was "spoiled"? This thread is embarrassing even by gaf standards

Did you even look at it?

The
game containing classic Mario game throwback levels
is definitely spoiler material.

WillyFive

I am bailing out of my own thread.

I am a sucker for spoilers, and want to know EVERYTHING before release, but not for this game.

No.

Not for this game.

rhino4evr

syllogism said:
What exactly was "spoiled"? It's just like the dozen other SMG2 videos you've likely seen, except this one doesn't even show much. This thread is embarrassing even by gaf standards

this was an embarrassing troll post, even by gaf standards.

V_Ben

Banned
Willy105 said:
I am bailing out of my own thread.

I am a sucker for spoilers, and want to know EVERYTHING before release, but not for this game.

No.

Not for this game.

im gonna bailout too. i want this to be fresh :D

daakusedo

If the spoilers stay hidden, there is no problem to come here. Ok?

I hope galaxy mechanics make their path in the surprise we discover today.

LosDaddie

Banned
Really great OP, Willy105! :D This game will be awesome...but I still need to finish SMG1 :( I have no idea how I haven't finished it yet.

You still miss GS, willy?

Bentendo

Okay, I haven't seen the video, but I read one of the spoiler tags. Is the spoiler you're all talking about

big coin wall jumping?

If it isn't, tell me so but don't tell me what it is.

Peff

Bentendo said:
Okay, I haven't seen the video, but I read one of the spoiler tags. Is the spoiler you're all talking about

big coin wall jumping?

If it isn't, tell me so but don't tell me what it is.

You're safe.

MYE

LosDaddie said:
Really great OP, Willy105! :D This game will be awesome...but I still need to finish SMG1 :( I have no idea how I haven't finished it yet.

You still miss GS, willy?

Who are/where u?

Bentendo

By looking at Google translate, we learn a few things:

*It appears that Koizumi isn't the director, but instead the producer this time around. We did know this before since Miyamoto said it, but now we get a confirmation.
*It appears that Koichi Hayashida is directing this time. You can see him in the SMG Iwata Ask here.

And, so you don't have to, these are the chapter names (GOOGLE TRANSLATE, so they're extreme cases of Engrish):

1. [The concept is "more" Super Mario &#12303;

2., "And my Yoshi is different," it is said

3. But there are many different Mario games &#12303;

4. Spherical terrain filled with mountains of New World neta

5. &#12303;Mario is like a single instrument

6. "I think this time fun"

Rlan

A little disappointing that they're just straight-up ripping out music from the original Mario Galaxy and throwing them in here (the Toy World retro song). I mean it fits, I just expected to have a full, new soundtrack to go along with the game.

Top Bottom