• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

zigg said:
Well, I went and sought out the transgression in question, and it's apparently from a Japanese commercial.

Nintendo is not trying to keep this a secret :lol

Of course not.
And it's likely just one of many levels like it.
I mean, it would be a huge selling point.

rhino4evr

Peff said:
Yeah, it's only going to be worse with the 120 stars award. A Spanish preview already mentioned
there's a second set of 120 stars in the same levels after you get the 120
, but I'm not sure it's true.

LOL.. Stealth Edit.

I like how you just posted the spoiler you were telling people to avoid on accident. :lol

Bentendo

Peff said:
Yeah, it's only going to be worse with the 120 stars award. A Spanish preview already mentioned
there's a second set of 120 stars in the same levels after you get the 120
, but I'm not sure it's true.

Here I thought that since I knew the spoiler I would be free to look at spoiler tags once again without the fear of something being spoiled.

I've got to get out of here.

Peff

rhino4evr said:
LOL.. Stealth Edit.

I like how you just posted the spoiler you were telling people to avoid on accident. :lol

:(

But as I said the preview is from April, so it's not very likely (though I recall Miyamoto saying
that there are 240 stars anyways

Bentendo

One thing regarding the spoiler that I'm disappointed about is the
black hole. The stage was like a planet in Super Mario 64 and it would've been great to go around it entirely... maybe even see a new part of the stage that we've never seen before!

Spotless Mind said:
That gives me a Braid/Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom-style vibe. Would be awesome if there were lots of puzzles using that mechanic.
It's actually like one of those Clank puzzles from A Crack in Time.

Mario rips off R&C once again!

Azure J

Son of Godzilla said:
Mariocity

I saw this, thought instantly of a weird mesh between Mario & Hydrocity Zone, and now I want it badly. :lol

On a side note, Ace Bandage your avatar would be amazing if you could get a rotating Mario to appear when Huey adds the whirling effect to the kickball.

I gambled and pre-ordered this at my local TRU instead of doing the Amazon deal, hoping for another gift card bonus like the first Galaxy.

Still haven't heard any rumors to this affect. Anyone else heard anything?

rhino4evr

Shiggy said:
But do we know whether it's
the entire game or only a galaxy
?

Lol, if its
the entire game
then Nintendo just lost a lot of money. They need to pay attention to what
Square
seems to be doing. That would sure to be pretty popular.

Vinci

Danish
For what it's worth, that video did nothing more than confirm my earlier feelings about the source material.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Regarding the other 120 stars...a theory..

Correct me if im wrong but didnt Mario 64 have 120 stars? If so then.....could the other 120 stars be in a remake of Mario 64..??

rhino4evr

sloppyjoe_gamer said:

Correct me if im wrong but didnt Mario 64 have 120 stars? If so then.....could the other 120 stars be in a remake of Mario 64..??

no no no. Dont get your hopes up!

NeonZ

sloppyjoe_gamer said:

I think
Throwback Galaxy
pretty much rules out that possibility.

selig

Banned
sloppyjoe_gamer said:

Hahaha, no.
I like the way you think, but that would be an unprecedent magnificent unlockable, which is simply not happening.

NeonZ said:
That's
from Throwback Galaxy, not the post game bonus.

Yeah, and it's a fully functional level. Everything is already there. All the designs, the placements, everything is there. What's to stop them from making use of these already existing assets and give them a new coat of paint?

The reason I even guessed Mario 64 remake is because I read about Throw Back Galaxy. It hit me that Nintendo could add another 120 stars into the game easily without slowing down the main game. This could be an easy way to sneak in another 120 stars without too much effort so to speak.

rhino4evr

selig said:
Hahaha, no.
I like the way you think, but that would be an unprecedent magnificent unlockable, which is simply not happening.

seriosuly, it would be the Unlockable to END all other unlockables...It would make the "castle flip" in SOTN seem like child's play.

That being said, it's not a bad idea. Why not release Super Mario All Stars 2 (updated Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy on one disc!) instead? Now that's an idea...

Seriosuly though..not going to happen.

While it's just a theory of mine, this is not the first time Nintendo has done something like this. Fire Emblem Mystery of the Emblem contains two games. A remake of the original and a sequel was included right on the same cart.

Not to mention Throw Back Galaxy adds a little more weight (it was originally a 0% chance, now it's gone up be 1%) to my theory.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I doubt Nintendo would do another
Super Mario 64 remake
so soon after
Super Mario 64 DS

EDIT: It would be cool if Zelda Wii contained an
Ocarina of Time remake
, though.

Haunted

I know everyone is super excited and everything, but let's not go overboard with the speculation here.

It kinda cheapens the awesomeness of the content that's actually there if you put it next to unrealistic pipe dreams. :lol

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Haunted said:
I know everyone is super excited and everything, but let's not go overboard with the speculation here.

It kinda cheapens the awesomeness of the content that's actually there if you put it next to unrealistic pipe dreams. :lol

live the impossible dream

they gave away that zelda disc as a wind waker preorder bonus!

Pyrokai

I can't wait until after I beat the game so I can come back here and figure out what the HELL you guys are talking about :lol

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You guys are insane.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
:lol
Not a fucking chance they'd waste time and resources on remaking SM64 using the SMG engine and insert it into another Mario game for free!

MisterHero

Cow Mengde said:
That was a port with some extras. Kinda like how I wouldn't call the GBA Mario Advance games remakes.
but they were remakes in the sense that they were SMB All-stars remakes, well except for Yoshi's Island. :p

SM64DS had some new character models and some new levels (though they hardly compare with the original levels) and VS. mode which was awesome but only lasted 30 seconds at a time o_O. I guess I agree with you on that one.

To be honest though,
if it's a level remade with Galaxy1/2 assets, how fucking awesome would it be if we could make our own SM64/Galaxy-style levels

NeonZ

Cow Mengde said:
Yeah, and it's a fully functional level. Everything is already there. All the designs, the placements, everything is there. What's to stop them from making use of these already existing assets and give them a new coat of paint?

The reason I even guessed Mario 64 remake is because I read about Throw Back Galaxy. It hit me that Nintendo could add another 120 stars into the game easily without slowing down the main game. This could be an easy way to sneak in another 120 stars without too much effort so to speak.

We've seen only one N64 level there though, and the interview mentions a Sunshine one too. If classic stages were the post game bonus, I don't think we'd see them before completing the game.

Besides, although the level structure seems similar, they've replaced several of the enemies with Galaxy ones just in that video. They obviously haven't recreated every 64 asset.

Mejilan said:
Not a fucking chance they'd waste time and resources on remaking SM64 using the SMG engine and insert it into another Mario game for free!

Again, this is from Nintendo.

1f9zxx.jpg

We still got Shadow Dragon remake on the DS many years later.

The Mystery Of The Emblem remake isn't perfect either. Things and classes from the NES version were also left out of the SNES remake. It wasn't the exact same game and was definitely upgraded with minor features lost.

Top Bottom