• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

Haunted

Feep said:
It is going to test my will to the utmost, but if post-120 has leaked, I am out of this thread. I absolutely refuse to have it ruined. I refuse. I will resist.

Join me, my unspoiled brethren. Join me in exodus. We must remain pure. We must, for the sake of our mustachioed love.
As some have said before, the video apparently shows one of the later Galaxies, but it has nothing to do with the post-120 reward (which is still unknown).

I'd say it's worth a look. It will get you hyped.

Leezard

Feep said:
It is going to test my will to the utmost, but if post-120 has leaked, I am out of this thread. I absolutely refuse to have it ruined. I refuse. I will resist.

Join me, my unspoiled brethren. Join me in exodus. We must remain pure. We must, for the sake of our mustachioed love.
It's most likely not leaked. I mean, it's an Iwata Asks video. Did they spoil Luigi pre-SMG-launch?

Feep

Banned
Well, if people are saying "HOLY SHIT", it's probably something I don't want to spoil for myself. Trust me, I don't need any more hype for this fucking game :lol :lol :lol

Mael

HOLY SHIT!!! CLOUD MARIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great thread guys

that does mean though that I'm outa the web after the whole announcement of today and man it'd be hard to resist coming back here I mean just the bloody official thread uncovered 2 powerups I didn't even suspect

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Feep said:
Well, if people are saying "HOLY SHIT", it's probably something I don't want to spoil for myself. Trust me, I don't need any more hype for this fucking game :lol :lol :lol

Dude, it is pretty amazing. The only way I can think of describing it is..... it's kinda similar to the feeling I got when I played my N64 for the first time. So amazing. Nintendo has done it again!

Koodo

Banned
OMG. Well, that's definitely not the post-120 reward, but holy shit. I wish I hadn't gotten that spoiled. :lol

Skiesofwonder said:
Dude, it is pretty amazing. The only way I can think of describing it is..... it's kinda similar to the feeling I got when I played my N64 for the first time. So amazing. Nintendo has done it again!
You're so mean. :lol

Eteric Rice

Feep said:

Treat yourself, look at it.

YOU WILL SHIT A BRICK HOUSE.

MYE

What music is playing in that particular uhh...part of the video?

I dont have sound on this fucking PC.

Xux

MYE said:
What music is playing in that particular uhh...part of the video?

I dont have sound on this fucking PC.

A redone version of Bob-omb Battlefield.

MYE

Xux said:
A redone version of Bob-omb Battlefield.

fuck-yes-words-cannot-express-my-joy-only-423-1255650862-14.jpg

I haven't really been keeping up with this game that much, even though it's my most hyped game of the year.

And holy crap at the galaxy. Good thing I'm on the toilet, otherwise I would have crapped my pants.

CassSept

I wonder what it is.... oh well, nice music...
WAIT WAIT WAT
WAT
HOLY FUCK

I have recently started replaying SM64 and wanted to finish it with 120 stars before SMG2... but now... fuck.
It can be Throwback Galaxy, I know, but if it's the whole game.... FFFFFUUUUUU :O

Peff

Yeah, no way
though Whomp's Fortress is an odd choice... I guess it is the most platformey level early on.

I think one level from Yoshi's Island is a sure thing. Sunshine maybe? Not what many people would want but it wouldn't require a lot of work

Xux

If I'm reading Google Translate correctly it says there's a
Super Mario Sunshine area of that level.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Okay, all you guys going insane in the membrane actually compelled me to watch the video, AND HOLY SHIT WTF OMGMOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Xux

I also like that part of whatever star that is where the blocks disappear kinda synced to the music.

I have been on media blackout since the second trailer and I must say, it's highly interesting for me to just get the reactions of everyone to all this stuff. It's amazing how hyped I'm starting to get even though I'm almost completely blind going into this game.

Please post more ridiculous hype reactions to whatever that spoiler is in Iwata Asks. Please don't actually spoil it for me though, because again, I'm really loving this second hand hype I'm getting. :D

Dascu

I watched that last video and I don't get it.
It's the video with the giant Goomba, right? What does SM64 have to do with it? Note: I've never played SM64. Yeah, that's right, people like me exist.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You guys are going a wee bit overboard, as IGN said and as this video shows,
its probably just Throwback Galaxy, which probably consists of 2 - 4 stars. I'm guessing the galaxy will have seperate sections relative to a few past Marios, in this example Whomp's Fortress. They might not all be recreated levels but also references to scenarios and characters from past games.

Dont get too excited, expecting a bunch of levels remade. I cant see there being any remade Mario titles from 1 to 3, nor any Yoshi's Island levels. We know of Whomp's Fortress now, and we know there's a Sunshine throwback.

Dascu said:
It's the video with the giant Goomba, right? What does SM64 have to do with it? Note: I've never played SM64. Yeah, that's right, people like me exist.
:lol thats why you don't get it :D

Nabs

Dascu said:
:lol well... that explains why you don't get it.

Haunted

Dascu said:
haha poor Dascu

Time to bail, I'm getting dangerously close to ascertaining what this secret thing is. See you all in about a week!

LET'S GO, FEEP.

MYE

Dascu said:

You never WHAT?

Dascu said:
Yeah. :-/

I've also never finished Ocarina of Time nor Majora's Mask.
You are a bad person, go play mario 64 until you get all the stars, it is required if you want to live a happy life.

Sadist

Come on guys, it's not the weirdest thing ever is it? I mean, I never completed SM64/Majora's Mask. Did finish OoT though.

Top Bottom