• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

Kad5

So right now im in a debate with some friends.

They think that this game blows because it isn't intense or mature like COD or GTA or Bioshock....

What the heck do I say?

Kad5 said:

They think that this game blows because it isn't intense or mature like COD or GTA or Bioshock....

What the heck do I say?
You should say one phrase:

Woo hoo!!!!!

kman3000

Kad5 said:

What the heck do I say?
:lol laugh and get more mature friends

spring mario fucking sucks

Its so unresponsive and I died 20 times trying to get across that stupid bridge with the chomps (chompworks galaxy star #2) ..then realized you can triple jump over the edge. So stupid

Then the game became amazing again with Storm Station Galaxy :D

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Kad5 said:

What the heck do I say?
Get new friends who aren't so insecure.

Kad5 said:

What the heck do I say?
lol They think they're too cool to fly around space? What the heck.

There wouldn't be games like CoD or GTA if it weren't for Mario.

Okay, I have the game in Dolphin, running. Any requests for galaxies to screenshot?

Kad5: said:

What the heck do I say?
Give 'em a hard or intense part of the game to play. Tell 'em to play it, and you'll give 'em money if they can do it within 5 tries.

Kard8p3

Kad5 said:

What the heck do I say?

Clearly you say that's a big woo hoo.

rhino4evr

Kad5 said:

What the heck do I say?

tell them they are right, and then go fuck one of their girlfriends.

AceBandage said:
Get a Mario hat, a sledge hammer, and go to town.
2zq7m2c.jpg

Nicktals said:
Why not?

I'm not saying it is or isn't, but I wonder what your reasoning is for saying it can't be is.

It was released like, 4 days ago?

at least give it some time before you call it the greatest game ever

Bentendo

Why would you do that? said:
Okay, I have the game in Dolphin, running. Any requests for galaxies to screenshot?

Give 'em a hard or intense part of the game to play. Tell 'em to play it, and you'll give 'em money if they can do it within 5 tries.

The only good idea.

EzLink

Banned
edwardslane said:
Lol.. are people joking or what? Are there really
120 more stars
after you get all the stars?

that seems too good to be true so i'm guessing it is :p

jeez dude, spoiler tag that shit

rhino4evr

Zing said:
I had my wife at the P2 controls to help
get the purple coins on Flip Swap
and it felt like cheating.

that's beacuse it was, but at least you got her to play with your
big white waggle stick

Zing

Banned
Wu-Gambino said:
It was released like, 4 days ago?

at least give it some time before you call it the greatest game ever

I'm sorry, but you are just in the wrong here and should give it up. This is, by far, one of the best games ever made. Yes, ever made. This isn't hyperbole. This isn't some honeymoon period. This is based on 25 years of video gaming experience.

Kad5 said:

What the heck do I say?
Say: Pokemon.

Else: facepalm.gif

Else: Get a bunch of gaffers in the debate.

Black-Wind said:
Why the FUCK hasn't my copy come yet Amazon?!?!

I am not happy about this . . . hell, I can't even seem to track this package.
How long ago did you preorder? Maybe you have to look at earlier orders to track it.

Scythesurge said:
How long ago did you preorder? Maybe you have to look at earlier orders to track it.

I just checked it again . . . order just got to the city at 11 something (that wasn't there 2 hours ago . . . odd) so I guess it will be here Friday (or today . . . its 3:46 and we still haven't gotten any mail today so maybe the mails just late)

EDIT- nope, we got one lil letter for someone who doesn't live here:/

And I pre-ordered on the 28th of April

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Every time a new little character gets added to the Faceship, it just makes me think of some Saturday morning cartoon or animated movie about Mario and his critter friends as they explore the cosmos learning valuable life lessons. I keep wanting to assign them archtypical personalities...

Eteric Rice

Kad5 said:

What the heck do I say?

Tell them Call of Duty and GTA is for casuals, not for hardcore gamers like yourself.

Forkball

Ok, I'm about seven or so stars in. So far I am loving the lack of a hub. I can jump to levels so quickly, this is how Mario is supposed to be. Yoshi's awesome too, but I have to make a nitpick about his voice.

clav

edwardslane said:
Lol.. are people joking or what? Are there really 120 more stars after you get all the stars?

that seems too good to be true so i'm guessing it is :p
242 total

I have
stars right now.

clav

Raw64life said:
This fat fuck is telling to take a break? Fuck you I'll stop playing when I wanna stop playing!
It's annoying when he says it at the game over screen when you just started playing. I don't mind it during the game as it tells me I need to be doing something else.

ruffles said:
Fuck yeah, I got a silver crown for world's 1-5. Now I need world 6. 103 stars and haven't beaten the final boss yet.

You can't get 120 until you beat the final boss. After obtaining 120, you need to beat the final boss again for something special to happen.

J-Rock

Banned
Kad5 said:

What the heck do I say?

Video games are for kids. Get a career and stop wasting time with such childish things.

Amir0x

Banned
Kad5 said:

What the heck do I say?

Don't say anything? Videogames aren't a religion and you're not here to evangelize your favorite character or company. Let them enjoy what they like.

Besides, Super Mario Galaxy 2 doesn't need any fanboy support - it knows it's the greatest.

CaVaYeRo

Kad5 said:

What the heck do I say?

compare color intensity or IP's maturity.

Oh, and, of course,

rhino4evr said:
tell them they are right, and then go fuck one of their girlfriends.

cory

Banned
Full color disc art is nice, but I do miss the charm of the 2 color discs a little.
They should have made the box colored like NSBMWii.

Emitan

Zing said:
I had my wife at the P2 controls to help
get the purple coins on Flip Swap
and it felt like cheating.
I was P2 when my friend was playing that stage. Trust me, you needed the help.

EDIT: And am I the only one who feels like they're doing some intense Starcraft micro when they play as P2. I'm constantly analyzing my partner's actions so I can help as efficiently as possible. We got a ridiculous time on the flip swap because I was always grabbing the right coins.

Teknoman

Damn, this game is amazing. Another great soundtrack and the power ups so far are pretty fun. Just got to World 2, really like drill mario and Spin Drill theme.

fernoca

Raw64life said:
This fat fuck is telling to take a break? Fuck you I'll stop playing when I wanna stop playing!
:lol :lol :lol
Everytime I saw him with "!" ..i was like "oh, I guess I unlocked something"..nope..telling me to take breaks like after 15 minutes of playing..

JRW

Kard8p3 said:
I found this screen in the dolphin thread

jordanlikesvagina-1.jpg

Ya thats looks great, it's to bad Dolphin doesnt emulate the music properly in SMG1 or SMG2 (Music doesnt work at all most the time)

I finally got my copy from Amazon! It really is a lot of fun so far.

Flip-Swap Galaxy was the best of the hour I've played. Not spinning to flip the switches every time (so I could line up long-jumps instead) felt awesome!

Top Bottom