• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

AniHawk

Speevy said:
It's clunky but it wants you to
throw a couple in a line, then move onto a next line

If you run around you will lose the level every time.

I was ready to give up when at 0 seconds left, the last box was hit. I'm not sure how little I beat the buzzer by, but it wasn't much (it went off the same time the "you completed this challenge" chime went off).

Forkball

How did I know that the prankster comet on
Tree Trunk Galaxy would be collecting purple coins on that fucking slide?

AniHawk

Forkball said:
How did I know that the prankster comet on
Tree Trunk Galaxy would be collecting purple coins on that fucking slide?

well at least it's not something incredibly difficult like a daredevil run + clones.

ivysaur12

Banned
Speevy said:
It's clunky but it wants you to
throw a couple in a line, then move onto a next line

If you run around you will lose the level every time.

If it wasn't for the damn octogonal mold, it'd be much easier.

Branduil

The boxes were way less painful than the stupid bombs in Galaxy 1.

Fluzzard can die in a fire. I kept getting all 5 arches in the starship level but missed the stupid coin twice before getting it. It should be one or the other-5 arches for auto-coin or just the coin. I shouldn't have to literally go through hoops for the coin to appear in a random place.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Branduil said:

Fluzzard can die in a fire. I kept getting all 5 arches in the starship level but missed the stupid coin twice before getting it. It should be one or the other-5 arches for auto-coin or just the coin. I shouldn't have to literally go through hoops for the coin to appear in a random place.

Its always in the same place.

JRW

Branduil said:

The coin always appears in the same spot....

One tip for anyone having problems on the Fluzzard levels would be to hold the wiimote like a toy airplane. I thought those stages were a total pain in the ass until I tried this, and it made the controls much, much easier for me.

Forkball

100 stars

Boss rush galaxy? It's kind of cool to see the SMG 1 bosses again, but I really wanted something new. At least let me use the new powerups against them or something! And let me guess, I will have to daredevil run this, won't I?

And the prankster star on Beatbox Galaxy... holy crap. How sadistic is Miyamoto?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Forkball said:
100 stars

Boss rush galaxy? It's kind of cool to see the SMG 1 bosses again, but I really wanted something new. At least let me use the new powerups against them or something! And let me guess, I will have to daredevil run this, won't I?

And the prankster star on Beatbox Galaxy... holy crap. How sadistic is Miyamoto?

I thought it was a nice touch. Better than the previous level, which could have been an expanded galaxy rather than a cut and paste.

Forkball said:
100 stars

Just finished that one too. Daredeviling that is not gonna be fun :/

JRW

lol ok so I got 120 stars and so begins my quest for another 120+ green stars
please tell me im not the only one who missed the very first green star in such an easy spot and ran through the entire level not realising it [screenshot] Wow.. Well now I sort of know what im up against in terms of searching.. and I must say, I love the idea.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I left that comet until last during my 120-run because I was afraid of
it being a daredevil. When I realised it wasn't I was pretty damn happy. Finished it handily with time to spare. :)

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jive Turkey said:
The disk-like planet with the three koopas and a drill: Jump on one of the koopas and just keep bouncin'. Probably works for Goombas as well but I didn't try.

:lol

AniHawk

Rez said:
I left that comet until last during my 120-run because I was afraid of
it being a daredevil. When I realised it wasn't I was pretty damn happy. Finished it handily with time to spare. :)

the second-to-last one got me. i wasn't prepared to move on to the next level until i had beaten boss rush prankster, so i kept at it. it's been 2+ years since smg so i was really rusty against that second-to-last boss.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
AniHawk said:
the second-to-last one got me. i wasn't prepared to move on to the next level until i had beaten boss rush prankster, so i kept at it. it's been 2+ years since smg so i was really rusty against that second-to-last boss.
the trick was
to shoot the boulders as they rose from the ground with starbits. That way you can get him super-quickly when you shoot the black-boulders, especially during the second phase with the hands.

AniHawk

Rez said:
the trick was
to shoot the boulders as they rose from the ground with starbits. That way you can get him super-quickly when you shoot the black-boulders, especially during the second phase with the hands.

you could shoot them with the starbits?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
As there sem to be a lot of people having
stars, I'd like to ask again: Is it important how often you die, as in: Is there any way to tell it when you've completed the game?

AniHawk

Rez said:
~~~yes~~!~[//SPOILERA]
between stuff like this and not knowing that shaking the controller mid-jump extended airtime, it's a wonder i ever got through smg 1 at all.

Rez said:
the trick was
Learn something new everyday.

I just tried to aim my shots at the body and never worried about the arms, I also got lucky and twice I had two black-bomb-boo-things that both connected. Even then it came down to less than 10 seconds at finish, less than 5 even IIRC.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
AniHawk said:
between stuff like this and not knowing that shaking the controller mid-jump extended airtime, it's a wonder i ever got through smg 1 at all.
:lol Don't worry...That's news to me too!

Chatin

Rez said:
the trick was
I just fought the whole fight right up against the body, so when the black boulders fell, I could swing them right into the body without the hands getting in the way. Not that it mattered, because it was the mole that was screwing with my time. Would have much rathered a daredevil run than the timed run.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
rhino4evr said:
you can jump on the drills...good luck with that daredevil run :lol

The daredevil run is incredibly easy if you just drill the enemy drills as he sends them out.

I love this game. I really do. But I need somewhere to vent my frustration with the camera on

Stone Cyclone Galaxy

Argh. Let me use my D-pad to look around. I've been killed by things I can't even see. And there are blind jumps. My first real problem with the camera in this game.

seat

The Perfect Run
star is outright sadistic. I was really hoping to get it tonight, but after losing twenty lives in succession, I'm going to call it a night. I'm still having fun though!

BowieZ

Banned
Please tell me you knew I was being facetious. :lol

Seriously though it's a pretty ugly level. When I play it myself, I will comment on the enjoyment aspect.

AniHawk

seat said:
The Perfect Run
star is outright sadistic. I was really hoping to get it tonight, but after losing twenty lives in succession, I'm going to call it a night. I'm still having fun though!

i spent two hours trying my hand at it early tonight and i just amassed 99 lives to take it on and i currently have 89. i've made it to the last part twice since getting the 99 lives. once i had only one boomerang guy left and the camera failed me because i couldn't see the boomerangs coming back. easily the most painful death in the game.

AniHawk

my nerves are shot.

on perfect run, staring down three hammer bros and three boomerang bros.

i somehow made it to the fourth part with three clouds.

AniHawk said:
my nerves are shot.

on perfect run, staring down three hammer bros and three boomerang bros.

i somehow made it to the fourth part with three clouds.
Wait, so did you beat it?

I got three clouds more often once I started using Luigi (started the whole thing as Mario).

Top Bottom