• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

Kard8p3

GaimeGuy said:
So, if I am to understand this right (about the star count...):

There were only 3 green stars in Mario Galaxy, and they were part of the 120 star count, but in Mario Galaxy 2, there are 120 green stars, in a separate category from the 120 "regular" stars?

Seems to be the case.

Rich!

As soon as the game is out, I guess I could rip the soundtrack from the disc and host it on youtube. Because I'm nice like that.

Kard8p3

richisawesome said:
As soon as the game is out, I guess I could rip the soundtrack from the disc and host it on youtube. Because I'm nice like that.

That will be your main priority. The soundtrack MUST be ripped.

Rich!

Kard8p3 said:
That will be your main priority. The soundtrack MUST be ripped.

Heh, it's my main priority for myself anyhow. I'll try and post it all on youtube though.

It's gonna be a hell of a lot of tracks though. :lol

Kard8p3

richisawesome said:
Heh, it's my main priority for myself anyhow. I'll try and post it all on youtube though.

It's gonna be a hell of a lot of tracks though. :lol

They'll all be glorious though. Your youtube channel will be host to the most ear pleasing music ever created. Anyway I'm actually most excited about an orchestrated version of an old track. I need to hear the new version of koopa road.

For those that ordered on Amazon what does your ship date say? Mine says the 28th :-/ Is this just Amazon covering their asses by putting a late date up just in case they have supply issues?

Rich!

BuddhaRockstar said:
For those that ordered on Amazon what does your ship date say? Mine says the 28th :-/ Is this just Amazon covering their asses by putting a late date up just in case they have supply issues?

Amazon always do that.

I recently ordered a dvd box set, and they set the date as the 21st. It arrived yesterday. :lol

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
So, has anyone who has played the game actually confirmed this insane
240 unique stars
theory? If so, does anyone care to explain it to me? (Based on all the information we currently have)

Scribble

Aww, I had a Mario Galaxy dream. I dreamed that the final reward was the level editor, and it allowed you replace Mario with any model in the game. I was about to make a galaxy starring Toad and then I woke up. BAH

Platy said:
There are 120 HIDDEN Green stars ... probably every star actualy have 2 stars or even more... and when you get those you unlock OR the Special World or what probably is : the GrandMaster Galaxy

in other words : 240 UNIQUE stars

So ... it not only is Mario Galaxy 2 ... it is mario galaxy 3 also =P

D:

I WANT THIS. NAOW.

zigg

Kobun Heat said:
That's baffling. I was glued to the game. Absolutely glued to it. I was going back and getting comet stars immediately after they appeared. Eventually (today) I had to ignore them and push forward so I could see the final level, but I had so many stars already just from the pure joy of getting them that I easily cleared all of the gates.

Same. I was pushing ahead for awhile but when comets started popping up left and right I just kept getting drawn back. Here are there words on that topic in full:

GameInformer said:
As the game wore on, however, I often felt more frustrated than challenged. I frequently hit choke points where I needed one more star to advance, but the only available stars were either annoying Prankster Comet challenges or time-consuming hidden stars. If I've completed all the main missions available to me, I just want to advance.

Since I played through the first ending yesterday, now even the hidden stars comment makes absolutely no sense to me. I am legendarily bad at finding hidden things, but in this game I am finding these things left and right. After reading their review in full I simply could not divine how it translated into such a high score, honestly. The text is so full of "this part was pretty fun BUT LENGTHY COMPLAINT."

Platy said:
So ... it not only is Mario Galaxy 2 ... it is mario galaxy 3 also =P

I am not speaking in any knowledgeable capacity here, since I have not yet got to that point, but that description sounds more like
Mario Galaxy 2.5
to me. :D

rhino4evr

Peff said:
Huh, so that preview was right after all. Ah, well, looking forward to this more than ever :D

Hmm...What I wonder is what exactly do you have to do to acquire them..are they only available AFTER you finish the game...

and
if collecting all 120 green stars unlocks the "last galaxy" then that means you will need to get 120 green stars BEFORE you can get 120 regular stars..correct?

Peff

rhino4evr said:
Hmm...What I wonder is what exactly do you have to do to acquire them..are they only available AFTER you finish the game...

and
if collecting all 120 green stars unlocks the "last galaxy" then that means you will need to get 120 green stars BEFORE you can get 120 regular stars..correct?

It said
70 stars to beat the game and 120 to open the 120 green stars, so that last galaxy probably has a couple extra stars (like SMG1 had 242 total)

NeonZ

rhino4evr said:

and

Galaxy 1 had 121 stars, the same probably will happen here. Grandmaster Galaxy's star(s) probably will make the number go beyond 120

rhino4evr

NeonZ said:
Galaxy 1 had 121 stars, the same probably will happen here. Grandmaster Galaxy's star(s) probably will make the number go beyond 120

Holy Crap that is a
LOT of Stars!!! They couldn't all be individual challenges could they?

Peff

Yeah, it's really more of a "oh boy this is going to be such an awesome package" than it is a :O moment. That other yet-to-be-explained reward, however... who knows :D ?

rhino4evr

Peff said:
Yeah, it's really more of a "oh boy this is going to be such an awesome package" than it is a :O moment. That other yet-to-be-explained reward, however... who knows :D ?

right...Im going to do my best not to spoil
the final galaxy

In regards to the number of Worlds/Galaxies...

The table of contents said 6 worlds and a "special" world, is it safe to assume that the "special" world is unlocked after you finish the game, and the green stars unlock the different galxies within that world?

That's my guess...going to take a long time to unlock everything, that's for sure.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
gray_fox224 said:
June 11th for the EU? Why?!
golfham brah:lol :lol

July 1st for Australia.

Fucking shit cunts.

Willy105 said:
Mario speaking Spanish!
Being from Spain, hearing Martinet talking in spanish was awesome.
Theres a dubber here that can make charles martinet's voice and does mickey mouse's voice (he is also awesome) and I always thought if some type of cartoon or movie was dubbed to spanish he could do mario/luigi's voice. I discovered2 or 3 months a go that the super mario bros super show was dubbed in spanish from spain (when I was smaller I always thought that the only version was the mexican spanish, even if you watch it in spain) and the dubber that has the same voice as martinet really did Luigi's voice.

CaVaYeRo

SpacePirate Ridley said:
He lived when he was smaller in Barcelona during the Franco times, so I suppose he also went to France.
He is an awesome guy
BTW they are making interviews to Martinet rightr now in some spanish radios. Nintendo has never marketd a Mario game like this in Spain.

well, buzz aldrin for first Galaxy wasn't bad anyway!

I'm uploading the other Martinet video, voicing some galaxies in real time :D

othersteve said:
Thought maybe you guys might be interested in my impressions!

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Impressions - 25 Stars in

Not too many spoilers; I tried to keep it reasonable. Still early on, but that will all change soon enough. I plan to possibly pull an all-nighter tonight.

Any questions? I'd love to try and help shed some light on stuff.

That was an excellent preview, I dont think I need to ask more question about how awesome this game is gonna be.
But may I ask, its there a rendition of the SMW castle theme in orchestra?, if it appears im just thinking it will be in the last bowser galaxy, but if you hear it any moment, just give here the good news! :D

CaVaYeRo said:
well, buzz aldrin for first Galaxy wasn't bad anyway!

I'm uploading the other Martinet video, voicing some galaxies in real time :D
Thanks a lot! I cant wait to see the new video, Im a fan of Charles Martinet.
Dindyt know Aldrin came to spain for the first game O_O

Nicktals

Banned
othersteve said:

Not too many spoilers; I tried to keep it reasonable. Still early on, but that will all change soon enough. I plan to possibly pull an all-nighter tonight.

Just started reading, but wanted to point out the first part of the first sentence:

"Many of you are probably aware of the fact that the original Super Mario Galaxy 2 ..."

Still looking forward to reading the rest!

Miau

Neo Member
othersteve said:

Can you rip the soundtrack? Please?

You probably can't but you can't blame me for trying

CaVaYeRo

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Thanks a lot! I cant wait to see the new video, Im a fan of Charles Martinet.
Dindyt know Aldrin came to spain for the first game O_O

yup

marioaldrin_01.jpg

EDIT: thx for that preview, othersteve!

Shiggy

othersteve said:

Thank you very much for your impressions!
Have you found some fluffy grass? (don't know any other questions^^)

[Nintex]

I've played and collected 39 stars at Nintendo today. I'm blown away, feel free to ask about worlds 1-3 I can't tell anything about what happens beyond that due to the NDA I had to sign in order to play.

Top Bottom