• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

Davey Cakes

There's also the "waaahhh I don't like motion controls" bit that Game Informer pulled. That one just ticks me off, and I'll probably just personally add a single point to any review that complains about motion/pointer/Wiimote-based controls, since they didn't bug me in the first place. I already enjoyed ball-rolling, ray-surfing, flick-attacking, and everything involving the pointer in SMG. Can't see how the controls can be worse in the second game. It'll end up being a subjective thing once again.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Speevy said:
I don't have that game.

Is it something that the USB loader creators can patch into their program and just let you upgrade, or do I have to take extra steps?

Neither, but its the newest game to show some kind of resistance. It detects the IOS's that USB loaders use and refuses to boot from them. I think its been said that it should be an issue that can be patched.

I expect Galaxy 2 to have the same thing.

Alex

I abhor motion controls, but the ones in Galaxy were unobtrusive enough for me to not complain. They'd have to do some really iffy shit to make me raise much of a fuss.

Magnus

Speevy said:
Magnus, do you install your games via a USB loader?

If so, could you let people know how that goes?

Haha, nope, I didn't realize that was possible with an unmodded Wii -- out of my league.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I finally beat SMG1. All I gotta say is:

shakem.gif

EatChildren said:
Neither, but its the newest game to show some kind of resistance. It detects the IOS's that USB loaders use and refuses to boot from them. I think its been said that it should be an issue that can be patched.

I expect Galaxy 2 to have the same thing.
I can confirm that this is NOT the case. North American retail copy works fine on my CFG USB loader without any special settings or ios changes or anything.

Dimmuxx

The Amiga Brotherhood
ImNotLikeThem said:
I can confirm that this is NOT the case. North American retail copy works fine on my CFG USB loader without any special settings or ios changes or anything.

What about the update? Is it vanilla 4.2 or a custom one?

Nabs

ImNotLikeThem said:
:D i went out of my way to buy NSMBW from target @ 8am (the other stores were @ the mall and opened at 12) and ended up having to wait until that night to play it :lol

can't wait for sunday.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
ImNotLikeThem said:

This is good news. Thank you.

Boney

Banned
Agh, I can't believe I ordered my parents to bring me this game along with Trauma Team since they're going to the States for 2 weeks. Considering cancelling the order and getting it here, double the price.

Magnus

What's the advantage to playing off USB Loader/a hard drive? Loading times are already non-existent and the disc drive isn't loud at all.

EatChildren

Magnus said:
What's the advantage to playing off USB Loader/a hard drive? Loading times are already non-existent and the disc drive isn't loud at all.

Some of us are lazy and dont want to get up to play our games, thank you very much.

Beth Cyra

Is there a good start up guide for Wii Homebrew out for people on the newest firm ware? I have really grown to love installing my games to X360 harddrive, do it with all of them and wish I could do the same with my PS3 games. So I would love to be able to get it working by the time I pick up Galaxy 2 on sunday.

Nabs

TruePrime said:
Is there a good start up guide for Wii Homebrew out for people on the newest firm ware? I have really grown to love installing my games to X360 harddrive, do it with all of them and wish I could do the same with my PS3 games. So I would love to be able to get it working by the time I pick up Galaxy 2 on sunday.
check the wii homebrew thread. read the wiki.

Nabs

TruePrime said:
Awesome, thanks for the link. Though looks like I am pretty much screwed since I am at 4.0. Cool in the end though since it won't stop me from playing Galaxy 2 come sunday.

no you're fine, the wiki will guide you through it

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
BowieZ said:
I'm expecting a 9.5 from IGN. "Best game on the Wii but it doesn't deserve a higher score than the original."

Thanks!
Probably an accurate prediction.

skee

Neo Member
Dacvak said:
YO GAF.

I wrote and recorded this purely for fun. The only reason I'm uploading it is because a friend said I should post it on GAF. =P

Watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7xKpYCe6QA

Keep in mind I've never rapped before in my life. =P

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Dude, I really thought that was going to be stupid beyond all belief, and thus a fantastic source of ridicule. But honestly, that was pretty fuckin good! Nice work chief.

Top Bottom