• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

So the mandibug mother and child are back again and once again Mario slaughters the kid leaving the mother furious. And in her sorrow, Mario kills her off... ;(

180px-Mandibug.jpg

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
WHAT THE FUCK MAN STOP WITH THOSE SPOILERS

GODDAMN NEXT YOU'RE GONNA TELL ME BOWSER KILLS ROSALINA

Vinci said:
Well, you know... they're providing context so people who dislike the Wii won't take them to task for actually loving the game. "They gave Mario a 10?!! WTF?! Oh... well, yeah... okay, when you explain it like that... "

Maybe I'm just butthurt because that game is so gonna die in silence and people will keep saying "oh but Mario is all the Wii has".

You know which game I'm talking about.

seady

I found it interesting that a lot of praise is on the streamlined Hub.

Games usually progress from a checklist/map where you just select a stage, into an open world or sandbox where you can explore. But Mario Galaxy 2 actually go backward from Mario Galaxy 1 from the open world Hub into a checklist/map... and all the reviewers seem to love it....

Vinci

Danish
Regulus Tera said:
Maybe I'm just butthurt because that game is so gonna die in silence and people will keep saying "oh but Mario is all the Wii has".

You know which game I'm talking about.

Hmm. I don't know. Do I? ;)

Salsa

seady said:
I found it interesting that a lot of praise is on the streamlined Hub.
Games usually progress from a checklist/map where you just select a stage, into an open world or sandbox where you can explore. But Mario Galaxy 2 actually go backward from Mario Galaxy 1 from the open world Hub into a checklist/map... and all the reviewers seem to love it....

Its pretty much as the GT review put it. They took away all the "fat" and turned the game into a pure awesome gameplay experience. Less story, no HUB. Its all about the gameplay. Hell, this will probably be the most comfy game to play ever made. Only complaint: getting a star and having to go back and pick another star on the same level, i thought they would have fixed this, but oh well, no biggie at all.

Mael

Regulus Tera said:
I don't know whether to cry in anguish or hulk smash.

If that's Sin & Punishments, don't blame me, blame them for releasing it this month....If it's NMH2 it's not even out here, the rest I have so you can't blame me on that either

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mael said:
If that's Sin & Punishments, don't blame me, blame them for releasing it this month....If it's NMH2 it's not even out here, the rest I have so you can't blame me on that either

actually man i was talking bout trauma team

Vinci said:
:lol :lol

Fuck you too, buddy!

Peff

Smiles and Cries said:
so the reward has been posted?

As far as I know not yet, but with 48 hours till launch chances are someone will be able to finish the full game... Or at the very least spoil which other planets are in
Throwback Galaxy

The only good thing about this is that apparently the game doesn't have a new firmware or copy protection, so I can hold on my Wii for a little longer before repairing the DVD drive :D

Mael

Regulus Tera said:
actually man i was talking bout trauma team

Believe me this one will be mine when it gets here, it's not like there's many games I'll buy besides Galaxy 2 and Megaman Zero Collection (although Alan wake seems nice but I don't have a 360 so.... And Heavy Rain is still full price so)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mael said:
Believe me this one will be mine when it gets here, it's not like there's many games I'll buy besides Galaxy 2 and Megaman Zero Collection (although Alan wake seems nice but I don't have a 360 so.... And Heavy Rain is still full price so)

brb gonna slit my wrists with animal crackers (i hope i get the panda)

BowieZ

Banned
Metroid Killer said:
There are SMG trading cards? That's awshum!!
j/k, i mean 'awesome'

Would love to see some for SMG2. Speaking of which... calendar knocks down to......... 39 days.

wrowa

Wohoo, a stupid friend of mine just told me proudly that he already got SMG2 - it's leaked, he downloaded it and will brag with it until I got it. What a luck that I decided to import the US version instead of waiting for the European release...

I hate these people. -_-

Vinci

Danish
wrowa said:
Wohoo, a stupid friend of mine just told me proudly that he already got SMG2 - it's leaked, he downloaded it and will brag with it until I got it. What a luck that I decided to import the US version instead of waiting for the European release...

I hate these people. -_-

He downloaded it? Ugh.

Toki767

I really wish Gamestop did a midnight launch for this since they did one for Brawl but I guess Sunday morning will have to do.

benson827

Banned
Well, thats pretty much GOTY early in 2010 already.
This game pretty much automatically cancels out all other GOTY candidates.

That is unless we have ZELDA on the table:D

HoTHiTTeR

Toki767 said:
I really wish Gamestop did a midnight launch for this since they did one for Brawl but I guess Sunday morning will have to do.

Surprising, right? They did a damn midnight launch for Super Smash bros wii...I don't understand em sometimes.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Big Ass Ramp said:
Joystiq's review says this is the best Mario game of all time. WUT
well, if it's better than Galaxy then I believe it owns that title by default

seady

HoTHiTTeR said:
Surprising, right? They did a damn midnight launch for Super Smash bros wii...I don't understand em sometimes.

Gamestop do midnight launch for almost all hyped games on any level.

zigg

Escapist said:
Even if you do finally give in and let the Cosmic Guide do the work for you, you're still going to have to go back and do it on your own eventually; the bronze star you get for taking the easy way out won't do jack for the ship's engines.

I am not sure this is correct. I didn't test Bronze Stars out on my way to the first ending, but they were certainly sufficient to unlock the post-120 game. Of course, you can't get the full 120 without picking up all 48 of the Comet Medals, which the Cosmic Guide won't do for you, but the Guide is available for even some of the final stars, so...

Literally, it seems like the only thing you won't get is "Galaxy Complete" marks on your map and star list until you earn the Power Stars. I'd be interested to hear if someone else actually tested Bronze Stars as a method of getting to the first ending.

Regulus Tera said:
Is that
one of Sunshine's challenge levels
I saw?

Yes, and
with only a few minor changes like a Cloud Flower—I don't trust my memory completely, but it sure felt like the old level.

Rez said:
well, if it's better than Galaxy then I believe it owns that title by default
I've defected.

I use to be on the side of Galaxy until me and my bro started playing NSMBWii for hours at a time.

Still I love both, but NSMBWii has that classic oomph that I didn't realize I missed so much.

Galaxy is sooo good too though, and my panties are moist with anticipation for another dose.

ILikeFeet

Banned
here's something funny, I just realized I have been playing the Bouy Base theme in my head since I woke up :lol . god damn I need this game. luckily I'm not going to school on Monday :D

Peff

Wait, what? The level
from Sunshine is one of the bonus levels? Wouldn't the spin move make them much easier?

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
the gametrailers review has made me literally incapable of waiting. i'm going to start my car and drive around without any clear plan about how to accomplish it, but something inside me just needs to be out looking for this fucking game.

my

god

Sadist

beelzebozo said:
the gametrailers review has made me literally incapable of waiting. i'm going to start my car and drive around without any clear plan about how to accomplish it, but something inside me just needs to be out looking for this fucking game.

my

god
Same here.

I had this huge grin on my face during the review. So good.

Top Bottom