• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

zigg

Peff said:
Wait, what? The level
from Sunshine is one of the bonus levels? Wouldn't the spin move make them much easier?

No more than FLUDD. Actually, walking the corners seems a bit easier... a tip TV even advises you to do so :lol

Peff

zigg said:
No more than FLUDD. Actually, walking the corners seems a bit easier... a tip TV even advises you to do so :lol

We'll see then :D
Is it a red coin level? Regular bonus levels took the FLUDD from you. Which one was it?

Empty

I probably shouldn't have watched that gametrailers review, i shouldn't have let some of that get spoiled and it now makes the next few weeks till the EU release date unbearable, but my god that was incredible. so much amazing footage.

Spoilers:
Was that a Mario Sunshine no-FLUDD space star level i saw?

[Nintex]

Based on my playtest I already figured that it was the best game ever and I was only 39 stars in. Since the game got better with every Galaxy I simply couldn't imagine what the final Galaxy would be like.

Son.Ralph.Funk said:
Is there a review thread? Famitsu, Edge, GI, and ONM have all reviewed it.
Son.Ralph.Funk said:
I asked before, and I'll ask again.

Is there a review thread for this game? There are at least 4 reviews out already.
Son.Ralph.Funk said:
Can I create a review thread, or is that what this is supposed to be?
Here: http://www.gamerankings.com/wii/960551-super-mario-galaxy-2/index.html + http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/supermariogalaxy2

Now shut the fuck up about a reviews thread.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
seems a bit recursive to make a review thread, since this thread's purpose is to talk about the merits or issues with the game, which is sort of the point of reviews. they should just be a part of general discussion.

I particularly like this quote from the GT review.

If you feel like you need a deep, involving story with gobs of cutscenes to stay engaged, then steer clear. But if you play video games for what makes them different from other entertainment mediums, put aside a few days on your calendar and get ready for a top shelf gameplay experience.

So true. Mario Galaxy is pure art in gameplay form, and so will be Galaxy 2.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Thunder Monkey said:
I've defected.

I use to be on the side of Galaxy until me and my bro started playing NSMBWii for hours at a time.

Still I love both, but NSMBWii has that classic oomph that I didn't realize I missed so much.

Galaxy is sooo good too though, and my panties are moist with anticipation for another dose.
it's true, multiplayer NSMBW was a revelatory experience for me. I forgot how much I loved 2D Mario.

That being said, Galaxy opens up the top of my skull and presses down on my brain in ways that make me feel really fucking good, like an awesome record or something. It's almost unexplainable. Well, it is, but it's so good I don't want to analyse it.

DreadTheUnDead said:
is there a lot of spoilage in the video review ? for either GT or IGN ?

or for the IGN Written one ?
I haven't read much of the IGN review, but I can tell you there isn't much spoilage in mine. I mention a few specifics but I was very tactful to keep nearly everything secret throughout my descriptions. :)

Plus, not sure if you guys are still watching, but I've been posting tons more video. :D

First off, here's the least spoilerage video of all in case you're really sensitive to that sort of thing but you just have to see something--it's the title screen, and that's it!

Exclusive Direct-Feed Video #11: The Title Screen

You will find tons more video there also... and more coming very soon, all throughout the day.

Assemble!

Ha

After hearing the GT reviewer say some of the levels are like "an abusive relationship," I smiled and shut it down. I cannot wait until Sunday!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I have a modded UK wii, will I be able to play the US version without a problem? (connected to TV via component cables and TV supports NTSC if thats an issue).

eXistor

Rez said:
it's true, multiplayer NSMBW was a revelatory experience for me. I forgot how much I loved 2D Mario.

That being said, Galaxy opens up the top of my skull and presses down on my brain in ways that make me feel really fucking good, like an awesome record or something. It's almost unexplainable. Well, it is, but it's so good I don't want to analyse it.
The world needs both 3d and 2d Mario to maintain its balance. If one were to cease to exist the consequences would be grave indeed.

othersteve said:
I haven't read much of the IGN review, but I can tell you there isn't much spoilage in mine. I mention a few specifics but I was very tactful to keep nearly everything secret throughout my descriptions. :)

Plus, not sure if you guys are still watching, but I've been posting tons more video. :D

First off, here's the least spoilerage video of all in case you're really sensitive to that sort of thing but you just have to see something--it's the title screen, and that's it!

Exclusive Direct-Feed Video #11: The Title Screen

You will find tons more video there also... and more coming very soon, all throughout the day.

thanks man, that'll have to hold me over hah, im not trying to see any of the gameplay till i actually play it, and i also dont wanna crank my hype out, because i wont be able to play till after Thursday either

Empty

Mt Heart Attack said:
I particularly like this quote from the GT review.

If you feel like you need a deep, involving story with gobs of cutscenes to stay engaged, then steer clear. But if you play video games for what makes them different from other entertainment mediums, put aside a few days on your calendar and get ready for a top shelf gameplay experience.

So true. Mario Galaxy is pure art in gameplay form, and so will be Galaxy 2.

music to my ears.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
RiskyChris said:
I can't remember being this disappointed it's Friday in my whole life.

Its only going to get worse. Tomorrow you will wake up and experience a Bill Murry moment in your own version of Groundhog Day.

ryan-ts

Not paying $60 Canadian for this despite these sexy reviews. I hope I can wait for this game to go down $10, even if it's a one week sale.

Jon

Just had to get in this thread to say how incredibly hyped I am. SMG is my all time favorite game, ever, on any platform or gaming media. So if Super Mario Galaxy 2 is getting scores that surpass the original...man...I am ready for this.

[Nintex]

ryan-ts said:
Not paying $60 Canadian for this despite these sexy reviews. I hope I can wait for this game to go down $10, even if it's a one week sale.
Unless Matt Cassamassina has sex with the disk after he's done with the compressed Samus JPEG and he sells it at a dump in horror and shame you're not getting it for that price.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
zigg said:
I am not sure this is correct. I didn't test Bronze Stars out on my way to the first ending, but they were certainly sufficient to unlock the post-120 game. Of course, you can't get the full 120 without picking up all 48 of the Comet Medals, which the Cosmic Guide won't do for you, but the Guide is available for even some of the final stars, so...

Literally, it seems like the only thing you won't get is "Galaxy Complete" marks on your map and star list until you earn the Power Stars. I'd be interested to hear if someone else actually tested Bronze Stars as a method of getting to the first ending.

Yes, and
with only a few minor changes like a Cloud Flower—I don't trust my memory completely, but it sure felt like the old level.
Is the music redone for this level?

Ydahs

This game's visuals are a breath of fresh air. Seriously, watching the GT review, it looked stunning simply because of the lush colours and diverse environments.

Nintendo are kings.

ryan-ts said:

What's your basis for deciding that this game is worth $10?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Justin.tv has a few streams of people playing this now. Dunno how they are getting their copies early, but it looks great.

Top Bottom