• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

Masked Man

I said wow
OH MY GOD THIS SOUNDTRACK

O_____O

I need it. Yokota did an incredible job: I daresay that he's even surpassed his work on Galaxy 1.

Shiggy

Willy105 said:
Bah! It's not even as good as BowieZ's! It's just Gusty Garden with awesome new undertones.

His version doesn't sound like a Mario theme despite being a good tune.
But then Yokota's version sounds like a Star Wars tune at first.

careksims

2 more days (including today) til the magic returns to us! (Those of us who are still waiting til me). I canceled so many pre-orders this month, but not this one! Anything but this game!

Masked Man

I said wow
Love the
Honeyhop Galaxy
Theme--lots of jazzy little flourishes that serve as perfect embellishments on the original theme. <3

Masked Man

I said wow
Cosmic Cove Galaxy
has absolutely gorgeous music. It seems like it might be the Space Junk Galaxy of SMG2, if only for its theme.

Vinci said:
Um... no. Why, because they gave Galaxy 2 a perfect score?
I just find it humorous that IGN is arguably the most hated website on GAF (and for good reason) yet GAF flips out in delight over SMG2 getting a perfect score from them.

Just to be clear, I'm not trashing SMG2 in the slightest. Just thought it was funny.

Weenerz

Banned
The love you see on this thread is not for IGN at all, it is for Mario. Adolf Hitler could give SMG2 a 10/10 and you'd see the same love.

Dascu

Weenerz said:
The love you see on this thread is not for IGN at all, it is for Mario. Adolf Hitler could give SMG2 a 10/10 and you'd see the same love.
But Adolf Hitler wouldn't give SMG2 a 10 now because he has to wait for the European release.

*shakes fist*

Vinci

Danish
BertramCooper said:
I just find it humorous that IGN is arguably the most hated website on GAF (and for good reason) yet GAF flips out in delight over SMG2 getting a perfect score from them.

Just to be clear, I'm not trashing SMG2 in the slightest. Just thought it was funny.

It's not the most hated website on GAF. The most hated one's name cannot even be typed in a post without the person posting it possibly getting banned. IGN is ridiculed, that's all. And more often than not, it deserves that. I think the 10 review is of more historical interest than anything else since it's been forever since a Nintendo title received one.

Happy to see this getting reviewed positively. I had fears of reviewers thumbing their noses, saying how it's an expansion pack with little innovation.

But the people in the comments section at IGN need to get a fucking grip. "OH NOEZ IT CANT BE PERFECT11!!!! *insert HD platform exclusive here* IZ TEH BETTER!!!111"

WillyFive

Kard8p3 said:

3186926120_45234c4ba7_o.jpg

LaneDS

Gah, stuck my head in here and clicked a few of the soundtrack links... totally amazing stuff. Credits music was oddly moving and nostalgic, which is a pretty rare feeling for me.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Nintendo better do the same thing with Zelda Wii when it comes to the soundtrack.

YOU BETTER DO IT NINTENDO, HEAR ME?

Empty

The music is incredible, as expected. <3 Yokota.

I particularly like Bowser's Galaxy Generator, but that Final Boss theme is ridiculously awesome; spectacular stuff.

Downhome

"How unfortunate that the natural evolution of this creature caused it to have the ground-pound sign on top of its head." - Guy from the stream :lol

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
GiantBomb said:
There are Boo houses, there is a giant world, and there are full-level homages to Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine, the latter of which is (arguably) better than anything that was actually in Super Mario Sunshine.
:lol :lol

Downhome

It should be against the law for two games as fantastic as SMG2 and RDR to be released in the same week. Toss in Alan Wake, Split/Second and maybe even PoP and it's just flat out criminal.

Wiseblade

Oh man, my hype for this game is really starting to kick in. Before it always seemed so far off in the distance but GOTF2 out soon!

No way am I listening to the final boss music BTW.

Top Bottom