• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

Azure J

KeeSomething said:
I was thinking about buying this game, and then I saw the GT review...

-rest of post-

The crazy part is I remember seeing something almost 100% similar to this in the IGN comments section for the Galaxy 2 review. My personal favorite though was people saying that the Wii can't/shouldn't get a 10 in the graphics department for any reason. :lol

With those lulz out of the way, I need this game's soundtrack more than I need oxygen right now.

rhino4evr

Regulus Tera said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the Gametrailers review spoiled that galaxy.

Looks like I wont be watching that then...

So I just thought of something...With the addition of "blimp" YOshi, is it possible we could have another level like "Tubular" in SMW?

Azure J

rhino4evr said:

So I just thought of something...With the addition of "blimp" YOshi, is it possible we could have another level like "Tubular" in SMW?

*12 year old self cringes in fear as the memory is repressed*

Tubular? What's Tubular? Is it some lingo I'm not familiar with? :lol

upandaway

rhino4evr said:

I doubt they'd let you break a level that easily in Galaxy 2. I don't think you can carry Yoshi out from a level.

Also fuck Tubular, I just need to say that every time it's mentioned. What the fuck. It's even worse when you know it's easier than 1-1 with a Yoshi.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
AzureJericho said:
The crazy part is I remember seeing something almost 100% similar to this in the IGN comments section for the Galaxy 2 review. My personal favorite though was people saying that the Wii can't/shouldn't get a 10 in the graphics department for any reason. :lol

With those lulz out of the way, I need this game's soundtrack more than I need oxygen right now.

Actually while watching the video review on IGN, I said "wow" at the graphics. Pretty colors lol.

Bentendo said:

Iwata
Oh, you told me about that the following week over lunch. You said you had talked with him for about four or five hours and figured out quite a lot. You seemed relieved, as if a fog that had been around for years had suddenly lifted. (laughs)
Miyamoto
Yeah. (laughs) I hadn't really talked to him that way for a long time. We were like a married couple that had grown used to each other and not talked heart-to-heart in the many years since their wedding suddenly having a long chat after the children have left the house. (laughs)
Iwata
Ah ha ha! (laughs)
Miyamoto
But talking over fundamental issues like Koizumi-san's views on the importance of story, the function of stories in games and what kind of a game Mario is, I learned something important.
Iwata
And what was that?
Miyamoto
I realized that whether it's story or movies, it's not about whether we need them or don't need them. What's most important is that the game resonates.

They so silly.

kaskade

I can't believe the awesomeness that gaming has seen in just this one week. I really wish I had the money to buy everything this week. Budget has to spread that out though.

seady

I wonder if this will get a 10 had traitor Matt Cassimisina is still there heading the team. He is the one that pulls down the whole IGN Nintendo score compare to the other team (Xbox, Playstation) over there. The other teams give 9+ score like candy.

Bentendo

In the Iwata Asks, what exactly does this mean:

Iwata said:
By the way, you also drew up the text yourself, didn't you?

Miyamoto said:
Yes, that's right. It was my first time since Super Mario 64. At first, when I heard there wouldn't even be 5,000 instances of text, I got all smug and thought I would take them all down myself, but toward the end of development, I was like, "Aw, I'll just take care of cleaning the ones in really important places!"

The_Technomancer said:
Reading through the IGN comments is fuuuuun :D

Careful.
It's like looking into an eclipse.
Sure, you can do it for a few seconds, but after a while your eyes melt and your brain boils.

Bentendo said:
In the Iwata Asks, what exactly does this mean:

I think Miyamoto draws the words that appear on the screen at times.

seady said:
I wonder if this will get a 10 had traitor Matt Cassimisina is still there heading the team. He is the one that pulls down the whole IGN Nintendo score compare to the other team (Xbox, Playstation) over there. The other teams give 9+ score like candy.

Matt's score would have been a 9.8

[Nintex]

Bentendo said:
I enjoyed the Iwata Asks for Wii Music more than I enjoyed Wii Music.
They should do a WiiWare game based on the Iwata Asks or something or let players send in questions for Iwata to ask to developers with a Iwata Asks channel.

Bentendo

Some new reviews:

Kotapoop:

"Hated
The Booming Soundtrack: Some gamers will love the soundtrack, the fully-orchestrated pieces that reference old Mario games or sound new melodies. But the music is too often grandiose and it made me feel like I was always playing the game during the opening or end credits of a feature film, the music constantly at a swell. Galaxy 2 sounds big, too often. This splinter of the Mario world may be Nintendo at its most Bruckheimer and Bay, but even a buoyant guy like Mario needs a softer mood to calm things from time to time."

Totilla... THE BITCH MUST DIE

*NGamer - 98%

Bentendo said:
Some new reviews:

Kotapoop:

"Hated
The Booming Soundtrack: Some gamers will love the soundtrack, the fully-orchestrated pieces that reference old Mario games or sound new melodies. But the music is too often grandiose and it made me feel like I was always playing the game during the opening or end credits of a feature film, the music constantly at a swell. Galaxy 2 sounds big, too often. This splinter of the Mario world may be Nintendo at its most Bruckheimer and Bay, but even a buoyant guy like Mario needs a softer mood to calm things from time to time."

Totilla... THE BITCH MUST DIE

*NGamer - 98%

Music is too good. Minus 5 points!

Vinci

Danish
[Nintex] said:
They should do a WiiWare game based on the Iwata Asks or something or let players send in questions for Iwata to ask to developers with a Iwata Asks channel.

Yeah, um... after seeing the PlayStation Share Blog, I'm not sure that would be a meaningful addition.

Top Bottom