• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

Any reason why I wouldn't have tracking information on my Amazon page? I got the email that says it's shipped but it says there are no orders on my Amazon tracking page.

Edit: Never mind, I needed to manually search for it. Never used Amazon to buy games before so this is all new to me. Still, anybody know how I redeem the 5 dollar MP3 credit?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Anybody else in love with the World 4 level
Chompworks Galaxy
? The prankster star
Cosmic clones in the chompworks
was brilliantly evil and fun. :D

Tkawsome said:
Any reason why I wouldn't have tracking information on my Amazon page? I got the email that says it's shipped but it says there are no orders on my Amazon tracking page.

Edit: Never mind, I needed to manually search for it. Never used Amazon to buy games before so this is all new to me. Still, anybody know how I redeem the 5 dollar MP3 credit?
When you try to purchase the MP3s it automatically deducts the credit you have, nice and easy. Same for the video game credit.

The Hermit

I've been playing it for a while and its basically a mix of SMG and SMW... so far the only thing that SMG is better is the OST by far.

The only new music I actually stopped to listen was the Space Storm one. Very dark and heavy.

Also, all bosses so far were much better than the first one.

rhino4evr

are there any specific noises that come out of the Wii-mote speaker? I normally turn the volume off on it. If it's just the sound of getting coins, then I think I will keep it off..

no one answered...how does Bank Toad work?

Combine

Banned
cramcakes said:
Amazon shipping estimate better be wrong. June 1st is not 3-5 days. :(
Amazon shipping estimates are usually pretty far out there just to cover themselves. At least that's how it's been for me in the past, I hope it holds true because I also have an estimated delivery date in June :(

JRW

Baiano19 said:
I've been playing it for a while and its basically a mix of SMG and SMW... so far the only thing that SMG is better is the OST by far.

The only new music I actually stopped to listen was the Space Storm one. Very dark and heavy.

Also, all bosses so far were much better than the first one.

The further I get into SMG2 im starting to really like the soundtrack, Not sure if I can say its better than SMG1 yet but its getting close.

Unfortunately the new haunted music isnt as memorable for me but its still very good (throwback style).

SMG1 Ghostly Galaxy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wz1O-npn3s&fmt=18

SMG2 Haunty Halls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPm8zGsxBes&fmt=18

EDIT: Almost missed this one from SMG2 Boo Moon Galaxy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT9I2Qh-ZUc&fmt=18 ,This one may just take the crown in my book over SMG1's Ghostly Galaxy!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Ok, the
120 green
stars
are actually
fucking
awesome.
At
first I
stupidly
felt a bit
ripped
off, but after
playing
for a while, I
realize
they're just
insanely
fun. Great
way
to learn
the ins
and outs
of the
levels, too.

(I did that purely for fun. Came off a bit annoying. Oh well. =P - Oh, it contains a real spoiler.)

fernoca

Blu_LED said:
True, but they still seem to be handing out multiple 1-Ups for doing the most minimal things.
As said already in the thread, you lose your lives when you turn off/quit the game..; you can have 99 lives and it won't matter because you lose them all..
You basically get lives for that playthrough, not for the entire game..
Needed even more, in later stages...with crazier worlds and more difficult jumps..

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
fernoca said:
As said already in the thread, you lose your lives when you turn off/quit the game..; you can have 99 lives and it won't matter because you lose them all..
Needed even more, in later stages...with crazier worlds and more difficult jumps..
Yeah, lives are pretty important in later levels. I just haven't turned my Wii off since I got the game.

rhino4evr

fernoca said:

This is true..thank goodness there are like 5 chances for 1 ups just in the faceship.

Bentendo

Blu_LED said:
True, but they still seem to be handing out multiple 1-Ups for doing the most minimal things.

It doesn't even matter. Games like this shouldn't even have lives to begin with. I don't want to have to go through an entire stage again if I loose too many times.

Besides, everytime you start the game back up it restarts the 1-Up count back to 4 (5?).

Jrmint

zigg said:
Throwback is two stars (boss fight, silver stars) and a comet (timed silver stars) based on Whomp's Fortress.

Twisty Trials, another galaxy, is based on the Sunshine level. IIRC, it's just one star and a comet (faster-turning platforms, no cloud suit.)
When does
Whomp's Fortress
show up? I am at 18 stars currently, a few galaxies into the 2nd world.

Link Man

Banned
sazzy said:
How are you guys spending your SMG2 promotional credit? (from amazon, eb, kmart, etc...)

I've got 20 bucks credit, and don't know where to spend it. Expires at the end of July...
Mega Man Zero Collection for $10, here.

Oh, and just came in to say that the Switchville Galaxy is brilliant.

Mardak

Combine said:
Amazon shipping estimates are usually pretty far out there just to cover themselves.
Yeah. One time they gave a pretty short estimate and they gave me a full refund when it arrived a day late.

Scythesurge said:
When you try to purchase the MP3s it automatically deducts the credit you have, nice and easy. Same for the video game credit.

Cool, I was worried to try it out since there's no pre-purchase info for MP3's. Thanks.

Assemble!

BocoDragon said:
There are many flaws:

-no online multiplayer
-No support for 3D TVs
-The cake is not a lie.. They just hand it to you at the beginning
-No Nolan North voice acting
-The Konami code does nothing
-breaks the cardinal rule of videogames and does not contain David Bowie

All true, but I was most confused with the color palette. It seems the Wii must not be powerful enough to create a world only using gray and brown.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Damnit. Amazon randomly used Fedex for my copy, instead of UPS like they do 99% of the time for me. UPS always gets stuff to me in one day, but looks like Fedex won't deliver til tomorrow.

sazzy said:
How are you guys spending your SMG2 promotional credit? (from amazon, eb, kmart, etc...)

I've got 20 bucks credit, and don't know where to spend it. Expires at the end of July...
Sin & Punishment yo!

RPG_Fanatic said:
So Gaf, which did you enjoy more?

Galaxy 1
Bombing trash
or
Galaxy 2
Burning Crates

I enjoyed the latter slightly more myself.

Galaxy 2
Burning Crates
by far, I don't know about you but it took me soooooo many tries to do the first one, where as the second I did in one try.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just played the first couple galaxies in World 4, having an absolute blast.

Fav galaxies so far:
-Flip-Swap
-Honey Bloom
-Bowser's Lava Lair
-Tall Trunk
-Flipsville

Only got two stars and it's still awesome.

The way Mario squished when you crouch and then jello-style pops up is just one of the little things that I loved about the original and all these years later I'm still dorked about it.

Can't wait to play more tonight.

Raw64life

May 24, 2010 06:56:00 AM Uniondale NY US Out for delivery

Uniondale is half an hour away from me. It's been almost 11 hours. Thank god I had work today otherwise I would've just been staring at the Wii menu waiting for my doorbell to ring all day. WHERE THE FUCK IS MY GALAXY 2 UPS!!!

Chris R

Loving the whole no hub world thing. Makes it so much easier for me to drop in, play maybe 2-3 stars, and then go do something else. Game also seems to control better than the first game to me (IDK maybe I'm just better with the Wiimote now) and I haven't had a single issue with the nun-chuck disconnected message popping up like I did in SMG. After I beat this game I'll probably go back and see if I don't enjoy SMG more, because to be honest, I didn't enjoy the game at all.

JRW

Man this game never stops with the awesomeness does it, just finished Sweet Mystery Galaxy. Good stuff.

BowieZ

Banned
Miau said:
So I caved in and saw the ending and credits on Youtube (again, fuck you NoE). Ryo Nagamatsu is listed alongside Mahito Yokota and Koji Kondo. A quick googling showed he scored Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports Resort and worked in NSMBW. It would be very interesting seeing which tracks where composed by each person.

My bet is on Yokota composing and handling the orchestration of the "big hit" themes (Fluffy Bluff, Sky Station 2, Melty Monster, etc), with Nagamatsu handling the synth and the rest of the music that has real instruments. Kondo is a wild guess; he admitted that he regretted not writing more music for SMG so maybe this time he composed more tunes (or maybe he just did the Starship Mario I/II/III like for the Comet Observatory?).
As I said earlier, I'm fairly certain Kondo did Sky Station 1 (trailer theme) and possibly the Starship music, which is the corresponding contribution he made to SMG1 (Good Egg/Observatory). But that's just a guess. Point is, I can't see what else he would have written. Nagamatsu would have created most of the synth/MIDI remixes, such as the mini-game tunes you hear when you go down bonus pipes, etc (none of which appear to be ripped onto YouTube ... yet).

Teknoman

My $20 credit is going toward Sin and Punishment 2.

Best gaming summer in quite some time.

EDIT: Awesome, Haunty Halls = SMW Ghost house :D

Has anybody actually received their $20 gaming credit yet from Amazon? I was hoping to use it to preorder Modnation Racers, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

Dartastic

Stormwatch said:
Has anybody actually received their $20 gaming credit yet from Amazon? I was hoping to use it to preorder Modnation Racers, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

I got it, but I didn't know that I'd have to use it on something that ships by the end of July. =(

Speevy

Banned
One thing I don't like about the game is the fact that you're too often stuck with few galaxy choices so that on more than one occasion, you must do the secret ones to proceed to the boss.

Other than that, I love it.

WillyFive

dragonballjoseph said:
I don't care what people say about writing in Mario games.
"I'm Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge" is the greatest line of all time.

Yeah, that made me laugh when I saw it.

Nintendo of America's localization humor is still great. The parking joke was also great.

Top Bottom