• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

Oli

Tenbatsu said:
img03.jpg

http://club.nintendo.jp/present/P108/index.html

OH dear heavens. PLEASE RELEASE IT HERE

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Willy105 said:
I applaud your sense of honor.

Even if in this type of game there is no consequence in not doing so.

I never experienced the first one in all its glory. So have to play it, even if I have the game of forever, sitting on my bed.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Kinda off topic, but is the stuff on the NA club nintendo usually this lame? I would love a soundtrack to SMG 2.

BowieZ

Banned
Tenbatsu said:
:D :D :D :D :D

Iwata Asks Vol. 3 is up, MUSIC!!! (mock if old)

Soft 2 "Super Mario" CD, the original appearance of the Club Nintendo! Organized many as 70 musicians in total
The "Mariogyarakushiokesutora" gorgeous, colorfully, I expressed the Mario universe to adventure. CD2 Discs, Please enjoy all 70 songs.
"

The end of December 2010, preferential exchange campaign deals! Preferential exchange point 300 &#12303;[2" Super Mario "We can purchase a registration point to Club Nintendo, the CD here," 300 points "can be exchanged. (500 points usually exchange) Registration starts: May 27 (Thu)

Is there a good deal of Ice Mario?
He was my favorite part about the first game. Ice skating was awesome, especially around that little donut planetoid.

I'm at 27(?) Stars, just fyi.

BowieZ

Banned
Buckethead said:
Is there a good deal of Ice Mario?
He was my favorite part about the first game. Ice skating was awesome, especially around that little donut planetoid.

I'm at 27(?) Stars, just fyi.
No Ice Mario, plenty of ice skating.

Jasoco said:
I know Chrome translates it for me, but will it be up in English like that other article was?
Very soon, I'm sure!

Man, how does one register for Club Nintendo? lol

EDIT: Oh SHIT! Just noticed that MahitoYokota account got taken down. And now we know why haha

Johnas

KeeSomething said:
This game really picks up starting with the 5th world. Before that, as I mentioned (refer back to that post if you're interested), I felt the levels were shallow because they introduced creative ideas, but didn't expand on them.

That is not the case with World 5 and 6. I went from being completely disappointed in this game to really enjoying it. I don't wanna spoil (or overhype) those two worlds, but they are much better and feel more complete than the worlds before them.

I'm glad to read this, because currently I'm nearing the end of World 4, and although I have enjoyed the game so far it hasn't been quite as OMG as I hoped it would be. It's certainly had a few really impressive levels though.

I'm finally stuck at a section of the game and it is driving me crazy.

World 4. Bowser's gravity gauntlet. green star 2. I don't get how you can reach this. the camera isn't helping me figure it out either.

damn that solution was...kinda expected

found out a trick, if you ever need to find extra coins in a level, try reading one of the hint signs; it makes all of the coins and enemies respawn.

berate me if its known, etc

i can sell SMG1 for 25 bucks (beat it, never 100%'d it tho) im guessing if I plan on buying SMG2, there is no reason now to keep 1? 2 seems to do everything 1 did, but better?

Johnas

ZombieSupaStar said:
i can sell SMG1 for 25 bucks (beat it, never 100%'d it tho) im guessing if I plan on buying SMG2, there is no reason now to keep 1? 2 seems to do everything 1 did, but better?

Keep it. The first Galaxy is still a masterpiece, you really should 100% it sometime.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Impressions are the same as everyone else so far, pretty much. Just at the World 2 boss, its great so far, waiting for it to get fantastic. Although, is it me, or does co-op completely break the game? Seriously, the second player is waaay too useful, especially against enemies.

The_Technomancer said:
Although, is it me, or does co-op completely break the game? Seriously, the second player is waaay too useful, especially against enemies.

I doubt they really cared about balancing the difficulty with the added player and just wanted to make it more involved than the first one and more importantly, just easier fun.

rhino4evr

The_Technomancer said:
Impressions are the same as everyone else so far, pretty much. Just at the World 2 boss, its great so far, waiting for it to get fantastic. Although, is it me, or does co-op completely break the game? Seriously, the second player is waaay too useful, especially against enemies.
Have you tried any prankster comet stars yet?in my opinion they are the best stages due to the extra challenge. The game doesn't quit wowing you at any point, every new level seems like a surprise.

BowieZ

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
Is that Mahito Yokota at the baton? He looks like Masahiro Sakurai, if so.
Nah, Yokota and Koji Kondo are in the "composer's booth" lol, as is Miyamoto, sitting in the far back nodding with curious approval.

Without a doubt there was a small team of orchestrators assigned to convert mini-scores (sketches) by Yokota, Kondo and Nagamatsu into full orchestral sheet music, and they're probably doing the conducting too.

The_Dude

First two worlds done, with 23 stars found. Absolutely love it so far, with the only underwhelming bit being the first star of Cosmic Cove. I've only fully completed two galaxies even after getting all the stars I can find, but I don't know if I've just missed the other stars or if I have to wait for them to open up - wish that was a bit more clear.

BowieZ

Banned
The_Dude said:
I've only fully completed two galaxies even after getting all the stars I can find, but I don't know if I've just missed the other stars or if I have to wait for them to open up - wish that was a bit more clear.
That's part of the game's exploration factor. I believe characters, as they appear on Starship Mario, give you tips as you progress which help you delve deeper into the game.

L00P

Oh my god I actually died from a boss:lol

Sandwiched by two bullet bills while trying to avoid the shockwaves. Bowser Jr. ain't messin' around!

The_Dude

BowieZ said:
That's part of the game's exploration factor. I believe characters, as they appear on Starship Mario, give you tips as you progress which help you delve deeper into the game.
Okay, cool. It's very true about the exploration, and I do really like discovering hidden stars without any hints. It's just that I don't want to continue exploring a galaxy when the star(s) I'm missing will only appear at a later point. I think I also tend to get a bit hung-up on fully completing each level before moving on to the next one in games like this, so I guess it's more my fault than the game's. I'll just have to get out of that mentality and keep pushing forward!

Top Bottom