• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

Ledsen

Ok 7-20 is my last remaining challenge in the Light World... it's not very difficult, mostly frustrating because it's so long and the tiniest mistake will cost you. I play a maximum of 20-30 minutes per day now because that's the most my thumbs and patience can take, and because The Kid nearly broke me and when I got him I felt pretty done. I've actually never had a problem with the 360 pad face buttons (or any face buttons on any pad) until this game :O They should call it "Super Meat Boy thumb". I'm already dreading the Dark World...

KarmaCow

cnizzle06 said:
So is this game better to play with the keyboard or 360 controller? I've completed world one so far with the keyboard.

I've only played on a keyboard so far and beat all the light levels (except the last one) but....I'm holding off completing the dark worlds until I get a controller.

cnizzle06

Banned
Ha, alright fair enough, I thought that maybe the developers hatched a deal with microsoft to advertise their controller, but I suppose they're really just saying, 'for the love of god use the controller'.

I thought the d-pad sucked on it though?

cnizzle06 said:
Ha, alright fair enough, I thought that maybe the developers hatched a deal with microsoft to advertise their controller, but I suppose they're really just saying, 'for the love of god use the controller'.

I thought the d-pad sucked on it though?

It does. Which is why you use the joystick.

Vlad

Ben2749 said:
It does. Which is why you use the joystick.

Really?

I've been using the keyboard for everything too (mapped run/jump to Z/X, though), and haven't found any problems yet. Does the game support analog controls? If not, then isn't using the joystick a little odd?

Scuba Steve said:
Awesome girlfriend is awesome, she surprised me with this for 100%'ing the game

281034_s.jpg

Real achievement unlocked.

MNC

Does Super Meat Boy have cloud saving yet? I'm afraid of deleting the game content/installing it on another computer. This game is the epitome of a game in need of this function, seriously. Not gonna replay all the levels on a new PC.

KiKaL

MNC said:
Does Super Meat Boy have cloud saving yet? I'm afraid of deleting the game content/installing it on another computer. This game is the epitome of a game in need of this function, seriously. Not gonna replay all the levels on a new PC.

You can always back up the save. That doesn't help though if you are talking about jumping around from a new PC to your old though. I hope it comes soon because I generally play on my HTPC but sometimes I would like to just quickly play on my PC

Nicktals

Banned
So, the new XBLA levels are up? But apparently one of the chapters crashes the game? Anyone care to update? Can't check for myself right now.

fernoca

Don't know if it's a deal but...
I decided to get this, after enjoying..the LittleBigPlanet 2 version a fellow GAFfer made.

Noticed that is 1200 Microsoft Points ($15) on the Dashboard; but Gamestop is selling it for $9.99 (800 MS Points); so got it there (had $5 in credit, so was $5.69 after taxes :p) :)

Nicktals

Banned
So, I know the new chapters are up, but i haven't gone on to check them out because, according to SMB twitter, 2 of them cause the game to crash.

Have they fixed this? Has anyone played through them all on XBLA?

UrbanRats

Yaboosh said:
The fact that completion is never (and probably will never) be recorded ruins Super Meat World (and by proxy the editor) for me.
I can understand your feeling, but can you seriously say "fuck you" to (virtualy) unlimited levels?

This has really become my go-to game when I just feel like zoning out and having some fun. I usually start from the beginning of the game and run through all of the light world levels, and I can usually do it in an hour or so. It's such an incredible game.

I still need to A+ 4 or 5 dark world levels though (not including world 7), and I haven't really dedicated much time to bandage hunting and warp zone beating past world 3. It's just hard to motivate myself to play those super difficult levels when I can have so much fun running through the light world.

This was easily my GOTY for 2010 and I've probably put in a good 30 hours or so between XBL and Steam. The game is even better now that the level creator is out; some of the levels I've played there are fantastic.

I love platform games but this game seems really hard and the controls seem floaty to me.. am I crazy? did anyone else feel this way and more time with the game fixed it??

HELP!

Salsa

Huh, i see this wasnt posted, from the blog:

Big Steam Update!
Posted by Edmund on May 30th, 2011 in Super Meat Boy!
Those of you who have played SMB on steam today will notice there was a bit of an update.

Here is what was added:

-Enter the Unknown was added to Super Meat World.
The Unknown is a new feature in SMW that creates a full 20 level chapter using randomly chosen high rated levels from the SMW level portal. i highly recommended you check it out and be sure to rate levels so all the crap ones get filtered out.

-The Ability to sort by difficulty and fun in the level portal.
Clicking the difficulty or fun buttons in SMW when browsing single levels will arrange all the levels in the portal by over all score or over all difficulty (highest and lowest). if you feel like levels are more fun then others then make sure you play them and vote accordingly.

-A recommended chapter tab has been added to the level portal.
We wanted a way to make sure all the chapters that have been featured can be showcased, so the recommended tab (now default when you click levels) will display all featured chapters and other chapters we deem awesome.

aside from these added features we have also fixed the following bugs.
-Difficulty now displays correctly in SMW, if a level has no difficulty rating it means its never been beaten.
-Fun factor ratings have been fixed.
-Lag between levels has been fixed.
-Bug that would place lights on upload in the editor has been fixed.
-Minor editor fixes

If you want to make your own levels, check out this post for instructions on how to install the SMB level editor.

Video tutorials on how to use the editor can be found here as well.

The Mac port is currently in development.

The next xbla internets update is also being worked on.

We will be starting game #2 in a week, shits about to get real... again.

-----
We thought we fixed the chapter submit bug, but it seems to still exist for some. If you are experiencing any crashes when you attempt to create a chapter in the level editor please email us using our contact form with your system specs and any other info about it. We cant seem to recreate this bug with any of our hardware and are having a very hard time nailing down whats causing it.
-----

smurfx

get some go again
im at the last boss and how the hell am i supposed to pass this thing? please tell me there is a check point when you get the girlfriend please!? i want my meatboy avatar pet!

Ledsen

smurfx said:
im at the last boss and how the hell am i supposed to pass this thing? please tell me there is a check point when you get the girlfriend please!? i want my meatboy avatar pet!
There is.

fernoca

I'm still playing this...and still sucking at it. But it's fun to jump here and there, to try to finish the game.

I was aiming at getting A+ on every one..but finishing the first map was clear that that wouldn't be possible...in my case at least. :p

Ad again, if anyone wants this on Xbox Live but don't want to pay $15, go to Gamestop where they'are selling it for $9.99. Just $5 less but still; the game's awesome.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Family Fry said:
The Super Meat Boy Rare Edition including T-Shirt, Soundtrack, Sketch Book, Comic and Poster is finally being released in EU/UK, August.
On GAME it's priced at £19.99, GameGears have it for £17.95 also.
Know the game is currently £5.99 on Steam but if your a fan and like all the extra stuff, could be worth it alone for the T-Shirt!

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PC-Game...t-Boy-Rare-Edition/~r355004/?s=super+meat+boy
Oh my god, yes. I'll have to use the reserve and pick-up just so people see me picking that bad boy up!

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
Oh god, I went back and A+'d all of Hell (both light and dark worlds) and it still hasn't given me that achievement.

How hard did they make it?!

Top Bottom